Does anyone have any videos of the IPD catback with the stock downpipe?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Does anyone have any videos of the IPD catback with the stock downpipe?

I might get the IPD catback for my 2.5T AWD, but I am having trouble finding sound clips of it. Every video I find for it also has an aftermarket downpipe so I can't see how it'll sound on my car. I do eventually plan on getting a new downpipe further down the line, but for now I just want a catback and thats it. I just wanna see how it sounds so I can see if I like it before getting it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

IPD systems are known for drone in the cabin which is annoying. I bought one of their systems for my P3 T6 and drone was so bad I bought a Simons exhaust and sold the IPD. I did have a Elevate System on my 2006 S60 T5 and much less drone but loud when you go into it. I really liked it and had very little drone even with a catless DP. Youtube is going to be your goto for vids but just know, sound clips on youtube or any other platform really don't capture the true sound experience. ViVA sells the Simons exhaust which is manufactured in Europe, very nice tone with no drone at all and sounds great on startup and when right pedal firmly pushed.
      2011 S60 T6 Ember Black/Off Black, P* Tune, TDI-Tuning Box, DO88 Intercooler, IPD DP, Simons Sport Exhaust, IPD rear sway bar, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's, 19" Polestar Wheels, 90mm Wheel Studs

I would agree with Oceans60R's statement. I have the IPD Oval Exhuast with IPD downpipe. Installed both at the same time and the drone at 70-80mph is pretty loud. I've gotten used to it so it doesn't bother much anymore, and I plan on adding sound deadening material throughout the trunk and doors soon. That being said, I would probably go a different route if I had to do it again. The IPD whole exhaust system is loud during startup, loud during idle, loud during putting around, loud when you bury your foot in it. That may or may not be what you're looking for.

My suggestion would be to do the DP + Exhaust at once. Depending on how much rust the underside of your car has seen in its teenage life, you'll be breaking bolts anyway so might as well do it once and be done.
      2005 S60 T5 M66 (1 of 72). 4C (for now), Sport Kit, Snabb Short Shifter+Bushings, IPD Track Sways F+R, Bi-Xenon Retrofitted R Headlights - custom fuse box/wiring harness, IPD DP + Oval Tube Exhaust, Forge CBV, Snabb intake pipe, R Brembos F+R, FC04A 17x8+35. coming soon: KW V2, Delrin Subframe Bushings, Do88 Intercooler, Stage 2 Tune. HU-650+Bluetooth Grom+PA300+2xFocal ISS165+ACM-1.300+2x6.5" Dayton Rear Door Subwoofers.
      2005 G55k Family hauler
      2007 Formula SAE Racecar - Custom Tube Frame Chassis, Fox Shocks, Pullrod Suspension, , Wilwood Calipers, Hoosier Slicks, Magnesium 2pc wheels... (full auto-x resto)
      NA1 Supercharged NSX someday.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements