2008 Volvo C70 Power Window Reset Procedure?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2008 Volvo C70 Power Window Reset Procedure?

Battery died. Now fully recharged. Ever since - Passenger window won’t auto-open/close slightly with door handle pull, nor will the passenger window auto-open 2” when top starts retraction.

Auto-down feature also doesn’t work on the passenger window.

I’m able to manually open/close the passenger window from the driver’s side panel or passenger side window tab - however the window opens and closes in 3” stages and requires multiple pushes/pulls to complete either function.

I’ve searched all the Volvo forums for a C70 V2.0 Power Reset procedure-and tried all available model and years reset suggestions with no success.

I’ve scheduled an appointment with a Volvo Dealer (told it was a 15 minute fix), but the weather is so nice here now and I’d like to save the time and expense for more top down driving.

Any suggestions from this small (but enthusiastic) crowd would be greatly appreciated!

Stay Safe!
      Mine: 2008 C70 M66 OSD Kaixen HID SmartTop
      Hers: 2005 V50 T5 AWD OSD
      Dogs: 1990 VW Syncro Westfalia Camper

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Should just have to hold the switch up until window reaches top, then keep holding for 5 seconds I believe.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
      11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      00 C70 CONVERTIBLE (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

Tried this multiple times. No joy.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

How about holding button until full down then full up and hold longer? I think it clicks or beeps. Like 10 seconds each.

I know I've had to do it several times on mine, but it's a 2011 . It's some combination of that.

11 C70 T5
      06 XC90 2.5T (SOLD)
      00 C70 CONVERTIBLE (SOLD)
      70 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE

VIDA/DICE has a window calibrate function. I used it when I changed my window regulator.
      2005 V50 T5 FWD M66 Passion Red (Radio Flyer) Bilstein HD, ECU spacer, Snabb Turbo Pipe

1998 V70 NA - Sold, 2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P., 2005 V50 T5 - RIP

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRabbit View Post
      How about holding button until full down then full up and hold longer? I think it clicks or beeps. Like 10 seconds each.

I know I've had to do it several times on mine, but it's a 2011 . It's some combination of that.

Tried this too, multiple times. Even tried pulling the fuse when pulling the window up tab (or down). No clicks or beeps heard.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoGeek View Post
      VIDA/DICE has a window calibrate function. I used it when I changed my window regulator.
      ^^^ This! I’m guessing that this is what Volvo Dealer Service Advisor was referring to as the “15 minute procedure/fix”. I do not have access to VIDA/DICE but I do have an iCarSoft i906 which I used to reset the Seatbelt Pretensioners and SRS Service Urgent messages after a deer strike and rebuild on Mrs. T’s 2005 Volvo V50. I’ll do a little research and see if the iCarSoft i906 can re-calibrate my 2008 C70 windows. If not - off to the dealer...

haven't needed to use these but here's a couple i had saved for resetting windows down/up limits:

Note I did this for each of the two front windows separately, first the driver window then the passenger window (rear windows were functioning fine).
      1) Get in car, both doors closed.
      2) Put key in ignition to second position (Ignition On, but engine NOT running)
      3) roll driver's window down all the way, hold window switch down for 10 seconds
      4) then roll window all the way up and hold for 10 seconds
      5) Turn ignition off, did not remove key. Opened and closed driver's door and window function restored.
      6) repeated for passenger door.

1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.
      2. Install fuse back.
      3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it for 5 seconds after the window fully closed position.
      4. Verify window is now working
      5. If this does not work, a vidas tool that can access Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) needed.
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak • 18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Stage 1 Tune • GoVo ECU Spacer • Ford e-Focus Mount • Bilstein B8 • H&R Springs • Elevate Rear Swaybar • Volvo Strut Bar • Massive Camber Arms • Centric Rotors • Akebono Pads • Hankook Ventus Evo2 235/40/18 • Mods4cars SmartTop • Llumar/Madico Tint • E46 Bi-Xenon HID Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 • LED Int/Ext/Halos • Fryalip • Custom Leather Steering Wheel Wrap • CocoMats Black Sisal • IPD Skidplate • Fumoto F104N Valve

Quote Originally Posted by jschinito View Post
      haven't needed to use these but here's a couple i had saved for resetting windows down/up limits:

Note I did this for each of the two front windows separately, first the driver window then the passenger window (rear windows were functioning fine).
      1) Get in car, both doors closed.
      2) Put key in ignition to second position (Ignition On, but engine NOT running)
      3) roll driver's window down all the way, hold window switch down for 10 seconds
      4) then roll window all the way up and hold for 10 seconds
      5) Turn ignition off, did not remove key. Opened and closed driver's door and window function restored.
      6) repeated for passenger door.

1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.
      2. Install fuse back.
      3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it for 5 seconds after the window fully closed position.
      4. Verify window is now working
      5. If this does not work, a vidas tool that can access Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) needed.
      Thanks jschinito - I’ll try these tips later this week before I take it in to dealer. The power window fuses for our C70’s are in the interior fuse box underneath the glove box Numbers 82 and 83 IIRC.
      Last edited by tomkat73; 08-02-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Also you should be able to find someone in the local volvo club with a vida/dice setup that can do it for you. I used mine on my dad's C70 when he had this problem.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70 2.5T - Ice White - Oak Arena, (almost) bone stock daily driver.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements