Thinking of upgrading various bushings to superpro poly
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thinking of upgrading various bushings to superpro poly

So my R has 177k on her, and while there's not really any visible wear other than the usual stuff for a car of this vintage, I've always been a bit of a "suspension man". Ive started with the Kaplhenke solid front subframe mounts and new 4C struts and some eibachs along with the engine brace conversion kit to make it solid and the IPD rear camber bushings to keep the alignment in check, but im ready to go a bit further in hopes of stiffening things up a bit more.

Has anyone ever swapped the rear beam bushings out? Im not worried about HOW to do it, Im just wondering if there was any sort of noticeable benefit. Im thinking its pretty rare to swap them out. I read some article a long long time ago when Sport Compact Car was still selling mags and followed along with their SRT4 neon buildup and really picked up on the bushing install on that car and was interested to read about how poly in certain places ISNT a good thing, are there any suspension guru's here that could possibly advise me regarding which bushings in the rear suspension would be "not so good" when swapped out with a poly version? Im thinking the front lower control arm, aft position should be fine and a recommended upgrade to poly, but as far as rear suspension bushings go, i really am at a loss. Any thoughts before I start stacking up piles of bushings?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Swapped every single suspension bushing to Powerflex poly. Went with purple everywhere except front lower control arm bushing-went with their racing (black) there. Rear control arm (Elevate) came with their poly not sure of their durometer. Didnt want the ride quality to go to complete crap so chose purple(street performance) over black(full race). Also went performance poly torque mount from Elevate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've done the entire front end(so far) with street bushings from powerflex. Noticeable difference in turn, stability in bumpy turns, heavy acceleration, and hard braking. Also did ipd front sway bar, springs, and new 4c struts. So, I can't say it's only the bushings responible for the improvement.

Cant wait to rebuild the rear suspension. Along with new 4c shocks, ipd rear sway, and springs.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by garbonzo View Post
      I've done the entire front end(so far) with street bushings from powerflex. Noticeable difference in turn, stability in bumpy turns, heavy acceleration, and hard braking. Also did ipd front sway bar, springs, and new 4c struts. So, I can't say it's only the bushings responible for the improvement.

Cant wait to rebuild the rear suspension. Along with new 4c shocks, ipd rear sway, and springs.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
      Might look at Elevate for rear sway as the brackets come with grease zerks. Tip: wrap the contact points in a layer of Teflon tape before greasing. Never squeaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements