SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Help booting and running David Leach's Vida2Go USB drive on older MacBook pro

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  brandonharderart 
#1 ·
I recently purchased David Leach's new Vida platform, the USB Vida2Go SSD drive, and can't get my MacBook Pro 8,1 (late 2011) to recognize the drive so I can boot from it and run Vida. I joined the Vida2Go Facebook group but haven't received much help. Is anyone else running Vida2Go on an older MacBook? Or does anyone who might be more computer savvy than me (doesn't take much) have any advice? I've gone through everything I've found online so far in reference to different methods for booting from an external drive with no success. David told me before I bought it that he knew of someone else running the same 8,1 platform who had no issues but so far that person hasn't responded on the facebook forum.
Thanks!

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about the troubles, I would PM Dave directly on Facebook, I know him and had him work my PC's harddrive for his suite of software. He'll help you once he finds time Im sure.

Unfortunately this isnt an R related post so I'll have to move this thread to the technical/obd2 forum.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Ah I see.

So basically I would see what needs to be done to handle a virtual desktop on a remote disk on a Mac- this surely has been done before. I would then go on maybe Volvospeed on Facebook or maybe even the P2R group on Facebook- a lot of people there have Daves stuff but noone here is really on Facebook

#5 ·
If I were you I would return the drive and setup a virtual machine on your mac. It will probably be less work than getting the drive to work and it will be free. There is a thread on this site by “rosey” i think, that should walk you through all the steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.