Difference between Memory 1/2 and Driver Profile?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Difference between Memory 1/2 and Driver Profile?

I have set up a driver profile for me, matched to my fob. My question is, what is the difference between that, and the memory setup (on the door), or why even have those memory settings? Seems redundant to me, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Is it there to be like older cars, and don't want to set up a driver profile, but want to have your seat and mirrors set in memory?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

not sure if I understood the question but the memory profile is there for different drivers to have their own settings without the need to do so every time.
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo S60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      not sure if I understood the question but the memory profile is there for different drivers to have their own settings without the need to do so every time.
      Right, but the driver profile does that same thing, yes? In fact, I can't even set the memory buttons to do anything, probably because I have a driver profile set up.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

maybe you're referring to the seat profile? M 1 2 ? if you are.. then to save you need to first press M and then the number of your choice.
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo S60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      maybe you're referring to the seat profile? M 1 2 ? if you are.. then to save you need to first press M and then the number of your choice.

Right, I get that, that's like every other car made in the last 20-30 years, etc. My question is, why would you even need that, if your driver profile remembers those same exact things, and more?

It seems like the driver profile makes the memory positions unnecessary, yes?

no, because if your wife or whoever else drives the car can have his/her profile with his/her preferences saved as well as 2 seat memory.

Maybe you're right, but I use all memory settings to myself

E.g., memory 1 is my regular daily driving setting and occasionally for fast driving

Memory 2, is when I drive long distances and want a more relaxed driving setting. It's where the seat is set as far from the pedals as possible so my legs can be rested or stretched with ease.

Memory 3 is when my tummy is too full or am wearing thick clothing causing the seatbelt to tighten around my belly a little. So, this setting allows me to be relaxed by reclining and moving my seat to create that extra space.

If steering column was automatic, I'd play more with the steering than seat settings.

Currently, my steering position is fixed regardless of my seat positioning because I hate adjusting it manually all the time.

Driver profile wouldn't help me in the above scenarios. And yes, I'm the only driver of my car and the garage tends to mess with my settings every time I sent it for annual service maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
      I have set up a driver profile for me, matched to my fob. My question is, what is the difference between that, and the memory setup (on the door), or why even have those memory settings? Seems redundant to me, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Is it there to be like older cars, and don't want to set up a driver profile, but want to have your seat and mirrors set in memory?
      It's that simple, just read the Owner's Manual (online, print or in-car)

https://www.volvocars.com/en-th/supp...river-profiles

https://www.volvocars.com/en-th/supp...ead-up-display
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by Seti View Post
      Maybe you're right, but I use all memory settings to myself

E.g., memory 1 is my regular daily driving setting and occasionally for fast driving

Memory 2, is when I drive long distances and want a more relaxed driving setting. It's where the seat is set as far from the pedals as possible so my legs can be rested or stretched with ease.

Memory 3 is when my tummy is too full or am wearing thick clothing causing the seatbelt to tighten around my belly a little. So, this setting allows me to be relaxed by reclining and moving my seat to create that extra space.

If steering column was automatic, I'd play more with the steering than seat settings.

Currently, my steering position is fixed regardless of my seat positioning because I hate adjusting it manually all the time.

Driver profile wouldn't help me in the above scenarios. And yes, I'm the only driver of my car and the garage tends to mess with my settings every time I sent it for annual service maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      Memory 1, Memory 2, Memory 3 ?????? Your car has three memories
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Yes, for the driver and passenger sides. 3 settings per door. I know this is XC60 forum, but I'm XC90 and commented on seat settings.

Apologies if I mistakenly created the impression I was referring to XC60
      Last edited by Seti; 08-05-2020 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Further clarification
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

Thanks for the explanation
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

My 850 has three settings, and my XC40 has two settings. And they each are set in a different way. In the 850 you push M and the number simultaneously. In the XC 40 you push M and then in a second press one or two

Nora in Florida
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nora in Florida

When driver profile is messed up for whatever reason, I use the 1,2, buttons to get my seat in right position. :lol:
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 237240 miles [2020-07]

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements