Nasty Incident - Need Suggestions on Cleaning the Seats.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Nasty Incident - Need Suggestions on Cleaning the Seats.

My son who has motion sickness threw up in the back seat. A lot of it got in those tiny holes in the leather. I tried a shop vacuum, but that didn't get it out. Any thoughts or unique methods to get the (now dried) material out of my black leather seat?

2019 XC60 T6 Inscription
      Last edited by tangierc; 08-05-2020 at 11:31 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cut the seats out and burn em! Kidding. Put hot water in a spray bottle and spray the area to rehydrate it a bit. Then use Tuff Stuff foaming spray cleaner. Most auto stores will have it. Take a clean damp well wrung out microfiber to scrub. Be sure to rinse the cleaner off with a clean well wrung out fiber as all chemicals leave a residue that will attract more dirt. Then dry with a clean dry towel or two. If you have an air compressor that will help speed the drying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll give this a try. Question though - how does this lift the material out of the holes?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tangierc View Post
      I'll give this a try. Question though - how does this lift the material out of the holes?
      Youll see. Its foaming. You can always use the shop vac to help suck up as well. But the cleaner does lift dirt and debris. Should take about 35-45 seconds for the cleaner to work once its rehydrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tangierc View Post
      My son who has motion sickness threw up in the back seat. A lot of it got in those tiny holes in the leather. I tried a shop vacuum, but that didn't get it out. Any thoughts or unique methods to get the (now dried) material out of my black leather seat?

2019 XC60 T6 Inscription
      Poor guy. I feel for him. I did that once myself. I get motion sickness and about 30 years ago was being taken by a friend's mom to go visit my grandparents a few hundred miles away and then stay with them for a few weeks. Well suffice to say they asked if I was hungry, and that was a huge mistake. Their back seat saw better days.

I would call a detail shop with very good reviews and customer satisfaction ratings to see what they'd recommend. Explain what happened and let them know the vomit went into the ventilated seats.

Would a little water be ok? I’m thinking one of those Bissell vacs might work. It works magic on my sofas for pet stains. It sprays a little water or cleaner of your choice, then sucks it out very well.
      One of these:

https://www.bissell.com/pet-stain-er...aner-2003.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements