Strange Error :( PLS HELP
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Strange Error :( PLS HELP

Hi everyone,

Recently I bought a second hand 2017 xc60 (new model),which is at 60.000km with airmatic,head up, bower etc. Whic is very exciting for me, because my last car was Freelander 2 2009. Anyway the day after the selling, car wasnt starting at all, I am opening the doors but nothing else happens. after 40 mins it worked itself like nothing happened. İmmediately I drive to the service but on my way car screen flashed with all errors an stopped. I took the car to service with tow Service checked the brain, battery etc but nothing has found, and couple hours later car was fine again and no any errors logged. I take my car back that day, went to the airport, locked at car park and 1 day later I have came and everything was fine, went to the home. Morning suprise car doesnt start at all again drivers screen all black, and no any engine sound at start button. couple mins later there were all errors on the driver screen again. İt is like a loop sorry and couple hours later everything was fine again Offcourse I drive it to the service again. 10 days passed, they have checked every cable, slots, software. and couldnt locate the exact error. May be it solved at that process we dont know. Final issue is that now the warranty date expires. I really dont know what to do. Does anyone experienced an error like that or heard? Sorry about my grammer guys...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd think a loosen connection somewhere, either ground pin, fuse boxes, wiring harnesses, could cause this. However if dealer checked everything connection related already, then I have no idea. Maybe the brain, the MCU module should be replaced and see if any difference?
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 237240 miles [2020-07]

Quote Originally Posted by mindfreed View Post
      Recently bought a second hand 2017 xc60

I really dont know what to do.
      Unfortunately now you know why the car was for sale. More than likely this had been frustrating the previous owner - until now - it is frustrating you.

What to do? Trade, sell, pass the problem onto someone else, just like what was done to you.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

may I ask which country/region you are from where a 3 year old car with 60,000km is already out of dealer warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      I'd think a loosen connection somewhere, either ground pin, fuse boxes, wiring harnesses, could cause this. However if dealer checked everything connection related already, then I have no idea. Maybe the brain, the MCU module should be replaced and see if any difference?
      This. Plus I might look at the battery. Even if it checked out in Park & at idle I might try another battery just for kicks. Fluctuating voltage does strange things. Good luck
      Sold: 98 V70 2.5T 289k Miles
      Sold 05 V70 2.5
      Sold: 05 XC90 2.5T 313986 Miles
      Traded 2017 V60 Platinum Mussel Blue OSD
      2019 XC60 Inscription (almost OSD)

Record everything and send the car to the dealer. Show them the video.

Also, check the passenger side area and see if the carpet is wet and if there's any signs of water leak from AC drainage hoses.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Nerd23; 08-13-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Update;

Hi everyone, thank you all for the answers and comments. Problem is still on going, but we detected when it occurs. Car works normally in the morning and the evening, but when we left under the sun at hot weather (sun directly hits to the front window) it doesnt start. Now the dealer will work on this perspective. Any ideas welcome guys.

Asnwers to the above comments;

I'm living at Turkey. Warranty finishes after 1 week

Dealar changed the battery but nothing is changed.

Thank you all again,

Update;

Hi everyone, thank you all for the answers and comments. Problem is still on going, but we detected when it occurs. Car works normally in the morning and the evening, but when we left under the sun at hot weather (sun directly hits to the front window) it doesnt start. Now the dealer will work on this perspective. Any ideas welcome guys.

Thank you all again,
      Hi mindfreed, as you have already reported this issue to the dealer "prior" to the warranty expiry you should be completely covered under the factory warranty, check with the dealer via email, and then at least you have something in writing to support any future claim or problem if this issue is ongoing. Get it in writing.. don't rely on a "verbal" it'll be OK and we'll look after you type statement... most dealers will deny this was said.

I'm not sure about your consumer laws in Turkey, but here in Australia even though the factory warranty may expire there is an expectation under our laws that any vehicle should remain serviceable for a reasonable time. e.g. if you blew a trany, had major electrical problems, engine or suspension problems and you have had it serviced regularly (you need proof for this) then you are covered and our laws will support a reasonable claim.etc. However if it's not serviced and done many miles (in excess of normal averages) you maybe are not covered. Not sure if this helps but I hope you get it sorted soon.
      Cheers from "down under" Australia... s5156
      2018 XC60 D4 Inscription, Pine Grey, Premium Pack (B&W, Black Napa, Air Susp), Full Window Tint

Update;

Thank you all again,
      Looks like something electronic. If the sun heating is a reliable way to trigger the problem, they could definitely try to reproduce the failure by heating some module with a heat gun hair dryer, then the problem can be isolated. The first module to try would be the Sensus module, start button, gear position module.

Awaiting Approval

Same here!!!!SOS

Hi everyone,

Recently I bought a second hand 2017 xc60 (new model),which is at 60.000km with airmatic,head up, bower etc. Whic is very exciting for me, because my last car was Freelander 2 2009. Anyway the day after the selling, car wasnt starting at all, I am opening the doors but nothing else happens. after 40 mins it worked itself like nothing happened. İmmediately I drive to the service but on my way car screen flashed with all errors an stopped. I took the car to service with tow Service checked the brain, battery etc but nothing has found, and couple hours later car was fine again and no any errors logged. I take my car back that day, went to the airport, locked at car park and 1 day later I have came and everything was fine, went to the home. Morning suprise car doesnt start at all again drivers screen all black, and no any engine sound at start button. couple mins later there were all errors on the driver screen again. İt is like a loop sorry and couple hours later everything was fine again Offcourse I drive it to the service again. 10 days passed, they have checked every cable, slots, software. and couldnt locate the exact error. May be it solved at that process we dont know. Final issue is that now the warranty date expires. I really dont know what to do. Does anyone experienced an error like that or heard? Sorry about my grammer guys...
      Hello mindfreed . I have a Volvo XC60 2018 D4 and I have the exact same problem. They replaced me the battery but the same problem again. Did you fixed it yet?? What was the problem??? Thanks

Hi jimoleon. Unfortunately no solution yet. Dealar still working on it. As I wrote before, problem occurs only at the hot weather, when the sun hits directly to the front window. As the temparatures goes lower car works normally. For your info they are workin on the modules, trying the same scenairo for all modules. Battery, door module etc no solution yet. It's probobably a simple error but if cant be located than a huge one. Please let me know if you end up with a solution.

#S5151. Thanks for your advice, I also sent an email to Sweden about the issue. We also have same regulations, after 3 times you take the car to the service because of the same error or 30 days of working days passed at service, you may request to change the car with the new one. Thats not my firs aim offcourse, just hopping for the solution.

Update. Well after the 40 days and the problem solved finally. For whom concern, it is a tiny cable in the radar module that behind the rear view mirror. When the cars front window changed before, they squuezed that cable wiht bracket, and when the weather is hot, that cable expands and touches to the bracket than short circuit happens and car goes to sleep mode. After it stars to get cooling down cable backs to old position.

Nearly all of the electrical system raveled out, all modules checked but at the end that tiny fugitive has been found it is meant to be, but really a strange error it was. Hope helps anyone needed. Tx guys.

Update. Well after the 40 days and the problem solved finally. For whom concern, it is a tiny cable in the radar module that behind the rear view mirror. When the cars front window changed before, they squuezed that cable wiht bracket, and when the weather is hot, that cable expands and touches to the bracket than short circuit happens and car goes to sleep mode. After it stars to get cooling down cable backs to old position.

Nearly all of the electrical system raveled out, all modules checked but at the end that tiny fugitive has been found it is meant to be, but really a strange error it was. Hope helps anyone needed. Tx guys.
      Wow, that is a tiny but tricky thing. Glad it is sorted out.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

This is a great piece of information you have shared! , with what I heard so far, replacing windshields are happening more often than not in XC60, this will be useful to someone who runs into similar issue.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

strangely that makes sense.
      glad you sorted it out!
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo S60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements