Are there any V90 INSCRIPTION owners in existence?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are there any V90 INSCRIPTION owners in existence?

Just curious. I own a 2020 V90 Inscription and love it. Most of the time, the V90 threads and/or comments I view are from V90CC owners. If there are any V90 Inscription owners in this forum, would you mind stating why you elected this instead of a CC and if you would purchase it again?

Regarding my decision, it was based on a preference for a lower ride height (my wife is under 5 feet tall and I also wanted a low rear cargo lift area). In addition, I preferred the (IMO) more elegant exterior design of the Inscription and liked its car-like road manners.

If at all possible, I'd respectfully appreciate it if the replies could be minimized to just Inscription owners, if any exist.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Any reason you left out V-90 RD (R-Design) owners?
      We are on the same side of the fence compared to CC owners.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      Current : 2019 V90 R-Design P* - Full R-D package + Integrated Rear Booster Seats / Borla Exhaust / K&N Filter / Chrome Delete / Ceramic Pro on Electric Silver Metallic Paint / 98% De-badged (+ other minor customizations)
      Former : 2015 V60 P* (aftermarket Wheels / Exhaust / K&N Filter) Blackout + other minor customizations

Quote Originally Posted by maggs View Post
      Just curious. I own a 2020 V90 Inscription and love it. Most of the time, the V90 threads and/or comments I view are from V90CC owners. If there are any V90 Inscription owners in this forum, would you mind stating why you elected this instead of a CC and if you would purchase it again?

Regarding my decision, it was based on a preference for a lower ride height (my wife is under 5 feet tall and I also wanted a low rear cargo lift area). In addition, I preferred the (IMO) more elegant exterior design of the Inscription and liked its car-like road manners.

If at all possible, I'd respectfully appreciate it if the replies could be minimized to just Inscription owners, if any exist.
      We have a 2018 V90 T6 AWD, and are very happy with it. It has a wonderful profile, and is versatile in what it can do, and comfortable. Ours is a Momentum Plus - high content, without the standard leather interior, 19's. So far, other than initial dealer inability to resolve a delivery issue, we have had zero issues with it.

IMHO - I like the CC on the back bumper of the CC's and the slight redesign of the back bumper, but I'm not keen on the side cladding or the increased ride height.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Exactly what about all of us R’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 V90 T5 Inscription here. I skipped the CC primarily because I didn't want AWD and second I do not like the look of the CC. The extra ride height adds no value for my use of the car. In fact it reduces the practicality a little. This is my daily driver. I wanted a simple powertrain since I didn't really trust Volvo's reliability at the time, with maximum gas mileage and a nice interior. The ventilated Napa seats were a must-have especially in maroon brown.

The R-Design interior wasn't my favorite since it only allowed metal trim or carbon fiber instead of the Inscription's walnut. The R-Design has a few external styling cues I didn't like. Namely the standard wheels are not to my taste and it's missing the molding along the bottom of the doors. Both are easily correctable. The paddle shifters are cool, but I never used them in my previous car. I only wanted white, which was unrestricted by trim.

Really the only benefit to the CC is the dealer had a dozen of them back then and would discount a loaded T6 CC to less than my V90.I bought the car I wanted which suited my needs.

If I had to buy over again I would go for the T6 Inscription since I now trust Volvo's powertrain and the torque steer would be alleviated. I don't need any more power though.

Quote Originally Posted by B-SIDE View Post
      Any reason you left out V-90 RD (R-Design) owners?
      We are on the same side of the fence compared to CC owners.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      Nothing against R owners. Actually, I think its a beautiful car. Since I own an Inscription, I was just curious for feedback from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl3nder View Post
      2018 V90 T5 Inscription here. I skipped the CC primarily because I didn't want AWD and second I do not like the look of the CC. The extra ride height adds no value for my use of the car. In fact it reduces the practicality a little. This is my daily driver. I wanted a simple powertrain since I didn't really trust Volvo's reliability at the time, with maximum gas mileage and a nice interior. The ventilated Napa seats were a must-have especially in maroon brown.

The R-Design interior wasn't my favorite since it only allowed metal trim or carbon fiber instead of the Inscription's walnut. The R-Design has a few external styling cues I didn't like. Namely the standard wheels are not to my taste and it's missing the molding along the bottom of the doors. Both are easily correctable. The paddle shifters are cool, but I never used them in my previous car. I only wanted white, which was unrestricted by trim.

Really the only benefit to the CC is the dealer had a dozen of them back then and would discount a loaded T6 CC to less than my V90.I bought the car I wanted which suited my needs.

If I had to buy over again I would go for the T6 Inscription since I now trust Volvo's powertrain and the torque steer would be alleviated. I don't need any more power though.
      Hi. For me, the primary reason I decided on the Inscription concerned comfort. My first priority was front seat comfort. Here, for my wife and I, the Inscription's seats were more comfortable than the sports-minded R seats. Since my primary goal in purchasing this vehicle was for long distance travel, I opted to maximize comfort. Yes, the Inscription and R have some exterior styling differences, but to me each are equally outstanding.

I got my V90 R design (vs CC) for reasons probably similar to other V90 owners (Inscription or R! ) - didn't want cladding and didn't like the raised height. IMO this is just pandering to the US SUV/crossover fetish. Being European by birth I like the pure estate car (translation - wagon) look. I didn't need AWD and wanted the paddle shifters. I much prefer the sleek lines of our 'true' V90s.

I also wanted Bursting Blue!

By the way. I LOVE the car!
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

Hi, Maggs. I have a 2018 V90 T6 Inscription. I am single with two large dogs and want a wagon that provides a sedan-like cabin but with capacity to accommodate my dogs on semi-annual hiking trips to New Mexico and Colorado (from DFW). I don't like SUVs. My previous two cars were Audi Avant wagons before they limited US offering to uglified AllRoad. I am denied access to a couple of trailheads, but can get to plenty without the increased ride height. But the wheel well cladding is just so gawd awful ugly for me to endure for the 99% of the time I don't need a heightened ride. And on the interior -- the rich and gorgeous grain of the wood in the Inscriptions is such a visual pleasure. When I test drove a CC, I thought the wood was just more plastic; its dark stain made it blend right in with all the dark plastic around it.

I imagine that you see mostly CC owner comments because they are just so much more plentiful in US.
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
      Hi, Maggs. I have a 2018 V90 T6 Inscription. I am single with two large dogs and want a wagon that provides a sedan-like cabin but with capacity to accommodate my dogs on semi-annual hiking trips to New Mexico and Colorado (from DFW). I don't like SUVs. My previous two cars were Audi Avant wagons before they limited US offering to uglified AllRoad. I am denied access to a couple of trailheads, but can get to plenty without the increased ride height. But the wheel well cladding is just so gawd awful ugly for me to endure for the 99% of the time I don't need a heightened ride. And on the interior -- the rich and gorgeous grain of the wood in the Inscriptions is such a visual pleasure. When I test drove a CC, I thought the wood was just more plastic; its dark stain made it blend right in with all the dark plastic around it.

I imagine that you see mostly CC owner comments because they are just so much more plentiful in US.
      Thanks. Curious. I travel with our small dog (35lbs). While I love the comfort of our seats, IMO, the perforated leather is delicate and can be easily torn by our dog's nails. She's our back seat passenger, when we travel. To accommodate her, and safeguard our interior, I do the following: installed dog shields on the inside rear door panels, cover the seating service and installed a see-through net between the front two seats.

You mentioned you travel with two large dogs. May I assume that they travel in the rear/carpeted storage area?

PS: I agree with you regarding the CC's black body cladding, although I noticed that one can opt for the wheel cladding to be painted in the same color as the body, which doesn't seem bad to me. Also, my wife complained that the CC's rocker panel molding protruded out too far and, when dirty, that it would cause her clothing to collect dirt (she's less than 5 feet tall) when entering and exiting the car. She complained about this from the 2011 Subaru Outback that I had, as well.

I ordered a 2018 V90 RD because the the V60 was too small and I wanted the extra space. Just passed 40,000mi and not a single issue or visit to the dealer, other than I change oil every 5,000mi. Ego wise, I get compliments whenever I park it. It attracts many observers who want to know who makes it and many say "they did not know Volvo made such a beautiful car".
      Attached Images Attached Images
      2018 V90 T6 RD Passion Red, Amber, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by SKY-KING View Post
      I ordered a 2018 V90 RD because the the V60 was too small and I wanted the extra space. Just passed 40,000mi and not a single issue or visit to the dealer, other than I change oil every 5,000mi. Ego wise, I get compliments whenever I park it. It attracts many observers who want to know who makes it and many say "they did not know Volvo made such a beautiful car".
      Same with mine. I'm shocked at the number of parking lot conversations the car strikes up.

You mentioned you travel with two large dogs. May I assume that they travel in the rear/carpeted storage area?
      Yes. I use a product from DryMate sold as a 'whelping box liner' that I used in two previous Audi wagons. It is waterproof and the synthetic fiber surface absorbs fluids and keeps them from sloshing around. If you are considering traveling with your dog back there, I encourage you to consider the set of screens that form-fit the back and two side cargo area windows that is made of similar material as in the pull-up shades for the rear passenger windows. It keeps it slightly cooler, especially with the steeply sloped rear window.

If you weren't aware, there is a roll-out screen that attaches to the top of the back seats and connects to the roof when seats are either up or down. For some reason, Volvo offers this in Canada but not US (attorneys must be involved), but it can be purchased by US owners.
      Last edited by aardvarkbark; 08-25-2020 at 07:33 PM.
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

LOL. Just today, while shopping with my wife, a guy (Bob) approached me about my V90 Inscription. He first asked what it was (had never seen one) and then said he loved it. Gave him the grand tour. He took a lot of pictures. Left him with my Volvo salesman's cell # (he's been shopping for a new car and wanted to get a "wagon" and trade out of his SUV). I've had this car for 2+ months and this is the 3rd time someone has stopped me to look at my car and ask questions. Although I've only had it for 2+ months, and have driven for 1600+ miles, the car's been great. Very comfortable and dependable.

PS: I recently took my car to get a clear wrap estimate for the front end and rocker panel areas. While there, my car (IMO) felt right at home with the 3 Porsche 911 GT3's, 1 Ferrari and 1 Bentley being worked on. In reality, my 2020 V90 Inscription is rarer, in the USA, than any of these cars! The owner of the shop (in NJ) said this is the first V90 Inscription that he had seen.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
      Yes. I use a product from DryMate sold as a 'whelping box liner' that I used in two previous Audi wagons. It is waterproof and the synthetic fiber surface absorbs fluids and keeps them from sloshing around. If you are considering traveling with your dog back there, I encourage you to consider the set of screens that form-fit the back and two side cargo area windows that is made of similar material as in the pull-up shades for the rear passenger windows. It keeps it slightly cooler, especially with the steeply sloped rear window.

If you weren't aware, there is a roll-out screen that attaches to the top of the back seats and connects to the roof when seats are either up or down. For some reason, Volvo offers this in Canada but not US (attorneys must be involved), but it can be purchased by US owners.
      Thanks for the info. When my wife and I travel with the dog, she rests on the back seat, not the rear storage area. I purchased WeatherTech interior door guards
      (https://www.weathertech.com/door-protector/) and a net for the area between the front seats (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Both have worked well for me.

I bought our 2018 V90 Inscription AWD T6 direct from the factory, waited three months for it to be built and shipped. Bought it in part because of its stylishness. You couldn't give me a CC. The car was meant to be a V90, not a phony crossover.

Funny thing is, I live in a Hudson Valley village of barely 3,000 people, and there are THREE V90s in town--one the identical maple brown of ours. All were factory-ordered.

V90 D5 AWD Inscription -17... Around here basic models are mostly taxi's.. An youll find lots of inscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by D5GT View Post
      V90 D5 AWD Inscription -17... Around here basic models are mostly taxi's.. An youll find lots of inscriptions.
      Hi, D5GT. Just curious. Where is "around here"? I live in New Jersey (USA) and, other than my T6 AWD Inscription, I haven't seen another in NJ since the new model was introduced, although I have seen a few Rs. According to Volvo's car sales information, a total of 115 V90 Inscription/Rs were sold in the USA. Of the 115, my guess a fair amount were Rs, as opposed to Inscriptions.

PS: I was in Europe around 2 years ago. I did see V90 taxi wagons there, but they had the (more basic) Momentum interior, as opposed to the more luxurious perforated nappa leather interior that is in my car. Also, the taxi's weren't a T6 and didn't have AWD.
      Last edited by maggs; 08-29-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by porschie356 View Post
      I bought our 2018 V90 Inscription AWD T6 direct from the factory, waited three months for it to be built and shipped. Bought it in part because of its stylishness. You couldn't give me a CC. The car was meant to be a V90, not a phony crossover.

Funny thing is, I live in a Hudson Valley village of barely 3,000 people, and there are THREE V90s in town--one the identical maple brown of ours. All were factory-ordered.
      Wow! 3 in one town in NY and, other than mine, I have yet to see one in NJ. V90 CC's are all that I see here.

Hi, D5GT. Just curious. Where is "around here"?
      Helsinki / Finland - just next to Sweden..

Quote Originally Posted by D5GT View Post
      Helsinki / Finland - just next to Sweden..
      Makes sense. Also, when I was in Europe, I was in a MB E-Estate Wagon taxi. As I understand it, in Europe the E-Estate is often used for airport taxi service, although I'm sure one can also get a more luxurious version. Here, in America, this is an ultra-high-end/ultra-expensive small volume vehicle. I considered purchasing a factory-ordered E-Estate, which has an $83K US price tag, including taxes. In current Euros, this equals approx. $69K. Interesting how the same or similar vehicle, in different markets, has differences in use, along with differences in price.

Well-our taxes are awful... My Volvo's (new V90 D5 AWD inscription+something) price with taxes is around 75k eur = 89 362,50 USD today's rate... Similar E Merc is about 5-10 k more expensive, and still has lots less equipment /gadgets and less power..

I'v had too many Volvo's clearly upper middle class and mixes nicely to those taxis... V90 is, althougt that i'don like design, is the best Volvo wich I'v had. They'v done good job. I hope the quality is as good as it is in last V70/XC70..

I dont know why I cant post attachments, but I have a V90 Inscription T5 with a polestar tune that has worked well. Saville grey with 19" triple spoke wheels and blonde interior with walnut finish and B&W. Lucked out with massage seats that are perforated and heated. Great vehicle so far. Gas mileage went through the roof with the last service at 18k miles and a software update.

Also the vehicle is located in California. It was a Volvo fleet car owned by somebody in their NJ office for 7000 miles. Decent shape. A few scratches here and there but overall excellent shape. Sometimes wish I had the AWD T6 version but the T5 is more practical for commuting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossijs View Post
      I dont know why I cant post attachments, but I have a V90 Inscription T5 with a polestar tune that has worked well. Saville grey with 19" triple spoke wheels and blonde interior with walnut finish and B&W. Lucked out with massage seats that are perforated and heated. Great vehicle so far. Gas mileage went through the roof with the last service at 18k miles and a software update.
      Your not alone with the inability to post an attachment. I can't either. Have asked this site for help, with no result. Sounds like your V90 is fully loaded. I had wanted the massaging seats in my 2020 V90 T6, but when I placed my order in 2/2020, this was not offered as an option (the rear storage area pop-up storage panel wasn't offered, either). Interesting how, instead of adding new features, the 2020 actually deleted some. I guess it was Volvo's way of saving money (for them).

Hi. What did you mean "gas mileage went through the roof"? Did it increase or decrease, and to what extent? So far, after 3 months of ownership (1600 miles ... I'm retired), I've average approx 25 mpg overall, and the best long-distance trip highway mileage I got was around 31.5 mpg. These figures are just about equal to the window sticker EPA figures.

That last update really improved my mileage too, it went from 34-36 at 55mph to 42(warm night, no traffic, no AC)
      Attached Images Attached Images

Everybody drives differently, but the best way I can quantify the improvement was from a prior "all in" average of 29 to now being north of 32. Easily a 10% - 15% improvement without consciously trying. This is city and higher speed highway around Los Angeles so not the most efficient either way. When I drive 60-65 mph on the highway the car will get in to the low 40's over a 30+ mile stretch easily.

Which update and when?
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

V90 Inscription owner in Seattle here. Have seen only CC’s around other than mine, definitely prefer the look and the rarity. Just had the Polestar upgrade applied (T6) and makes the car everything I could want it to be. Very happy with the overall package and still prefer it over anything else available.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenc View Post
      V90 Inscription owner in Seattle here. Have seen only CC’s around other than mine, definitely prefer the look and the rarity. Just had the Polestar upgrade applied (T6) and makes the car everything I could want it to be. Very happy with the overall package and still prefer it over anything else available.
      And another Inscription owner in Washington, Kitsap County.

I ordered mine after completing my first cancer-free year following radiation therapy and surgery. Initially thought seriously about buying a lightly used sports car as a celebration of my success, then came across some info about the V90 and developed an interest. The more I read, the more photos I found, the more I liked it. Saw a couple of the CC cars on the road, and was not enamored of the wheel arches and jacked up look.

Ordered our car in November of 2017 through OSD, with a May delivery date. Shortly before placing the order, Volvo dropped the list price several thousand dollars. So we elected to use the “savings” to take a vacation trip down the Rhine on a Viking cruise ship. Driving around western Sweden for a few days was quite a lot of fun, and we may do this again when my fair lady replaces her V70 2.5T with a new XC40 RD.

One minor thing that flipped my vote from a sports car to the Inscription, is the relative rarity of V90’s on the road. In the two years since we got the car home, I’ve only seen one other V90. I like driving something that’s a bit unique.

PS. I love my Maple Brown/Amber Inscription T6!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
      And another Inscription owner in Washington, Kitsap County.

I ordered mine after completing my first cancer-free year following radiation therapy and surgery. Initially thought seriously about buying a lightly used sports car as a celebration of my success, then came across some info about the V90 and developed an interest. The more I read, the more photos I found, the more I liked it. Saw a couple of the CC cars on the road, and was not enamored of the wheel arches and jacked up look.

Ordered our car in November of 2017 through OSD, with a May delivery date. Shortly before placing the order, Volvo dropped the list price several thousand dollars. So we elected to use the “savings” to take a vacation trip down the Rhine on a Viking cruise ship. Driving around western Sweden for a few days was quite a lot of fun, and we may do this again when my fair lady replaces her V70 2.5T with a new XC40 RD.

One minor thing that flipped my vote from a sports car to the Inscription, is the relative rarity of V90’s on the road. In the two years since we got the car home, I’ve only seen one other V90. I like driving something that’s a bit unique.

PS. I love my Maple Brown/Amber Inscription T6!
      Your "celebration of success" comment struck home with me. Prior to ordering my 2020 V90, I said to my wife that I'd like to get something for myself, while I can still enjoy it (I'm retired). After caring for my elderly father and mother & father in-laws, which required my wife and I being home-bound for (almost) a decade, I wanted to follow my dream and purchased the V90. I'm not sorry I did. It has been a great car to own and drive, and on several occasions, people have stopped me to talk about my car and take pictures. Good luck to you with your car and I wish you good health in the years ahead!

Your "celebration of success" comment struck home with me. Prior to ordering my 2020 V90, I said to my wife that I'd like to get something for myself, while I can still enjoy it (I'm retired). After caring for my elderly father and mother & father in-laws, which required my wife and I being home-bound for (almost) a decade, I wanted to follow my dream and purchased the V90. I'm not sorry I did. It has been a great car to own and drive, and on several occasions, people have stopped me to talk about my car and take pictures. Good luck to you with your car and I wish you good health in the years ahead!
      Thanks! I’m also retired, did so 21 years ago after surviving my 9th heart surgery by the skin of my teeth. The cancer dance made me ask that big question; if not NOW, WHEN? Taking a nice drive out to Port Townsend today to enjoy the fine weather.

Cheers, Bill
      3F6DE5C7-F3F7-42BD-82AB-8954BE5D8B82.jpg
      Last edited by SeabeckS; 09-04-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Im looking at several V90 , both T5, T6 both CC and Inscriptions. I like the Inscription due to nice inside. I am leaning towards t-5 just because it simpler and reduced Maintenance Cost. But most go for the T-6. Please give me more info on your experience with a T-5. If you bought another V90 would you still do the T5 with Polestar or go for a T-6.

Also, when I look at a CC vs Inscription on the outside, the only difference I see is chrome trim around the windows and chrome piece above the rocker panel. Does it still have the CC on the rear bumper. Do all Inscriptions have the heated , cooled seats, and is the upgraded Harmon K radio standard. thanks
      Currently Volvo-less
      2004 V70 - 2.5 T Just totaled on 27 Sep 15
      2007 XC90 - gone
      2010 XC-90- gone
      1989 240 DL - gone but not forgotten

I'm a V90 T6 AWD Inscription owner.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast