Are there any V90 INSCRIPTION owners in existence? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 36 to 52 of 52
    1. #36
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      294
      T5 with Polestar all the way. I drove T6 and T5/Polestar and preferred the latter
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #37
      Senior Member ZZZZZZZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Northern MD
      Posts
      15,205
      Fusion red isn't even available anymore, even though I don't really care for it. Passion should have still been available, or at least something brighter than the blah they offer. If I was lucky enough to be able to afford one of these I would consider a wrap to make it unique. Have commented on your car before - those wheels were a great choice.
      Quote Originally Posted by SKY-KING View Post
      I ordered a 2018 V90 RD because the the V60 was too small and I wanted the extra space. Just passed 40,000mi and not a single issue or visit to the dealer, other than I change oil every 5,000mi. Ego wise, I get compliments whenever I park it. It attracts many observers who want to know who makes it and many say "they did not know Volvo made such a beautiful car".
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

    4. #38
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2020
      Posts
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Iamhives View Post
      T5 with Polestar all the way. I drove T6 and T5/Polestar and preferred the latter
      I did the same and fell in love with the supercharger so T6 w/ Polestar every day for me. Also no CC here as I prefer the lower, less bulky look.

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #39
      Junior Member fleuger99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Austin TX
      Posts
      959
      I'm also looking at a V90 T6 Inscription but concerned about cargo space which is down quite a bit from my old XC70 T6 and concerned it won't be large enough with my two large Greyhounds and luggage when we travel. I am also not a big fan of the Volvo engines. I test drove a V90 T6 CC (they never had a V90) back to back with a MB E450 wagon and they were night and day engine wise. The 6 cylinder Benz engine was smooth and refined, the Volvo 4 Cylinder was not when trying to accelerate quickly or merge onto the highway. Obviously, the Benz is about $8K more for the same features but don't want to spend this much cash and have regrets.

      How do you guys find the power from the T6 engine and those with dogs, if you have big dogs how is the space with rear seats down?

      I saw some folks talking about cargo liners, I've used Canvas Back cargo liners in my last four cars, they are fantastic. Here is the link: https://www.canvasback.com/catalog/p...-crosscountry/
      2015.5 Volvo XC70 T6 Crystal White on Hazel | Climate Pkg | BLIS | Proximity Pkg | Convenience Pkg | Active Dual Xenons | Front & Rear Park Assist
      2019 BMW R1250RT | LED Fog lamps | Onboard Computer | Heated Grips | Luggage Mounts | TPMS | Heated Seat

    7. #40
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Location
      Harrison, Maine
      Posts
      367
      I've been living with the Mercedes inline-6 in my leased CLS for the past year. It is a marvelous engine. But the Mercedes transmission takes away some of the pleasure. It constantly downshifts/upshifts/downshift/upshifts/etc. The result being you are constantly adjusting throttle position. Going up a fairly long hill (maybe 1/8 mile) and putting it in cruise, the transmission typically will downshift 3 times before reaching the top. But it is a sweet sounding engine.

      The Volvo 4-banger (T6 Polestar) sounds like a 4-banger. But that's the only issue relative to my CLS. Plenty of power both from a stop and to pass, mated with a transmission and doesn't have a problem making up its mind.

      I did cross shop the MB wagon and V90CC. I thought the interior of the MB a bit too "pretty" to want to, oh, take my lawnmower in for servicing. And actually the design kind of wears on you after awhile. The MB exterior reminded me of a hearse. Kind of lumpy. The V90, even after 2 years, I find stunningly good looking (and as I mentioned in another post, when I drove it to the MB dealer to pick up some floor mats for the CLS, the sales manager came up to me and said "so you're the owner of the car that's been emptying my showroom of customers wanting a better look."

      Can't comment on the dogs. I only have an 18 lb. cat. But my lawnmower fits easily in back.....

    8. #41
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Location
      Central NJ - USA
      Posts
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
      I'm also looking at a V90 T6 Inscription but concerned about cargo space which is down quite a bit from my old XC70 T6 and concerned it won't be large enough with my two large Greyhounds and luggage when we travel. I am also not a big fan of the Volvo engines. I test drove a V90 T6 CC (they never had a V90) back to back with a MB E450 wagon and they were night and day engine wise. The 6 cylinder Benz engine was smooth and refined, the Volvo 4 Cylinder was not when trying to accelerate quickly or merge onto the highway. Obviously, the Benz is about $8K more for the same features but don't want to spend this much cash and have regrets.

      How do you guys find the power from the T6 engine and those with dogs, if you have big dogs how is the space with rear seats down?

      I saw some folks talking about cargo liners, I've used Canvas Back cargo liners in my last four cars, they are fantastic. Here is the link: https://www.canvasback.com/catalog/p...-crosscountry/
      Hi. Before deciding to order my 2020 V90 Inscription, I conducted identical overnight (around 125 mile) test drives with a 2019 V90 Inscription and a 2020 E-Estate Wagon. IMO, the E's engine was buttery smooth and the steering was very responsive. I don't recall an issue with the E's shifting. Based on my driving needs, even though the V uses a 4 cylinder engine, I found it to be responsive (the supercharger kicks in well at low rpm range and the turbo provides good upper rpm power). The V's trans was also very smooth. Regarding MPG, my actual experience showed that the E produced better highway mileage than the V (33 vs 31, using high octane gas), even though the E weighed more. The E's engine was also quieter, although the V's engine noise was not noticeable during highway cruising.

      Regarding rear storage space, IMO, the E provided much more usable storage room, primarily due to its more upright roof line. I use my V90 primarily for long-distance travel to visit my kids and grandkids. Some of the time, I transport my wife's wheelchair, along with our typical luggage and packages. The V's sloping roof line limits the "usable" rear storage space, and in my case it's a little difficult (but still manageable) to transport what I need. What prompted me to purchase my V was its extremely comfortable front seats, exterior design, the use of non-run-flat tires and an actual spare tire in the trunk (I sometimes drive in remote areas and didn't want to run the risk of a run-flat sidewall blowout leaving me stranded). When I test drove the E, while I found its top-of-the-line seats to be uncomfortable, its rear storage space was superior.

      Regarding the price difference between a comparably equipped E and V90 Inscription wagon, in my experience, the dealer out-the-door price difference was closer to $20K, not the $8K that you mentioned. Of course, many factors go into pricing (e.g., geographic location, the state of the economy, dealer and manufacturer incentives, etc.), and my experience may not be yours.

    9. #42
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Location
      Way South Central PA
      Posts
      149
      I haven't driven a E six banger recently, but I have ridden in them. They are seriously luxurious, but the styling has become Baroque, edging towards Rococo, especially in the glitzy interior. I prefer Volvo's subtle elegance. But the MB six is a great engine, Too bad about the transmission. I wish Volvo would sell me a V90 CC with either the big Diesel, or better still, the 3.0 turbo straight six that I had in a 2016 XC60. It was smooth, powerful, sounded wonderful and ran on regular gas.

      My favorite engine of all I have owned, save for that in a 1967 Fiat 124 Coupe, a 1438cc twin cam four with dual Weber two barrel carbs. Rev it high enough and it sang arias!
      Last edited by gak; 10-18-2020 at 08:35 PM.

    10. #43
      Junior Member fleuger99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Austin TX
      Posts
      959
      Thanks for all the great feedback VLD1, maggs and gak, it is much appreciated. I guess I need to get a V90 overnight loaner and load my dogs in and see how it fares. The main reason I need a wagon is for my dogs so the fitment is critical. I have an X5 diesel that is on lease and it goes back in Jan 2021, I have an older and paid for Golf Sportwagen and want a mid-size wagon so I can go back to one vehicle that does it all for me.

      I did drive the E450 luxury spec wagon and never experienced any issues with the transmission. Engine and transmission were silky smooth. I had a 2015.5 XC70 T6, if I could get a V90 Inscription with THAT engine I'd buy it tomorrow. I loved that engine.

      gak, the 1967 Fiat sounds sweet. I bet it was a manual to so you could really make it sing?

      Here are the critters in my XC70 after running around like crazy hounds.
      2015.5 Volvo XC70 T6 Crystal White on Hazel | Climate Pkg | BLIS | Proximity Pkg | Convenience Pkg | Active Dual Xenons | Front & Rear Park Assist
      2019 BMW R1250RT | LED Fog lamps | Onboard Computer | Heated Grips | Luggage Mounts | TPMS | Heated Seat

    11. #44
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Location
      No. VA
      Posts
      422
      I have the T5 and just did a trip from Washington DC to Norfolk VA and back. Had no problem getting up to speed or passing. Set the cruise to 65 and got 36 mpg. Car does not feel like a 4 banger.
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

      His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats


      Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

    12. #45
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Location
      Way South Central PA
      Posts
      149
      Quote Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
      Thanks for all the great feedback VLD1, maggs and gak, it is much appreciated. I guess I need to get a V90 overnight loaner and load my dogs in and see how it fares. The main reason I need a wagon is for my dogs so the fitment is critical. I have an X5 diesel that is on lease and it goes back in Jan 2021, I have an older and paid for Golf Sportwagen and want a mid-size wagon so I can go back to one vehicle that does it all for me.

      I did drive the E450 luxury spec wagon and never experienced any issues with the transmission. Engine and transmission were silky smooth. I had a 2015.5 XC70 T6, if I could get a V90 Inscription with THAT engine I'd buy it tomorrow. I loved that engine.

      gak, the 1967 Fiat sounds sweet. I bet it was a manual to so you could really make it sing?

      Here are the critters in my XC70 after running around like crazy hounds.
      My wife has an XC70, but it's a T5. Because of the squared-off back it holds bulkier cargo than my V90CC. I'd advise taking your dogs to the dealer and trying it out.

      Yes, the Fiat was a 5sp; I don't know if they even sold them with automatics back then.

    13. #46
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Kansas
      Posts
      16
      I specifically bought my V90 for my dogs. 85 lbs Goldendoodle and 85 lbs Great Pyrenees. They fit quite well and the lower ride makes it easier for them to get in as they get older. The SUV thing and bigger older dogs don't work for me.

      Regards,
      '18 V90 T6 Inscription Polestar

    14. #47
      Junior Member fleuger99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Austin TX
      Posts
      959
      Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
      I specifically bought my V90 for my dogs. 85 lbs Goldendoodle and 85 lbs Great Pyrenees. They fit quite well and the lower ride makes it easier for them to get in as they get older. The SUV thing and bigger older dogs don't work for me.

      Regards,
      Thanks Brent, that is the reason I'm looking at the V90, I want the lower ride height, easier for the dogs to get into. I assume with your big dogs you have the rear seat folded down?
      2015.5 Volvo XC70 T6 Crystal White on Hazel | Climate Pkg | BLIS | Proximity Pkg | Convenience Pkg | Active Dual Xenons | Front & Rear Park Assist
      2019 BMW R1250RT | LED Fog lamps | Onboard Computer | Heated Grips | Luggage Mounts | TPMS | Heated Seat

    15. #48
      Junior Member fleuger99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Austin TX
      Posts
      959
      Quote Originally Posted by gak View Post
      My wife has an XC70, but it's a T5. Because of the squared-off back it holds bulkier cargo than my V90CC. I'd advise taking your dogs to the dealer and trying it out.

      Yes, the Fiat was a 5sp; I don't know if they even sold them with automatics back then.
      Thanks for the feedback. I was going to ask for a test drive for a few hours and take the V90 home so I can put the dogs into it. You are totally correct, your Fiat would not have come with an automatic back then.
      2015.5 Volvo XC70 T6 Crystal White on Hazel | Climate Pkg | BLIS | Proximity Pkg | Convenience Pkg | Active Dual Xenons | Front & Rear Park Assist
      2019 BMW R1250RT | LED Fog lamps | Onboard Computer | Heated Grips | Luggage Mounts | TPMS | Heated Seat

    16. #49
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Location
      Central NJ - USA
      Posts
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by VLD1 View Post
      I've been living with the Mercedes inline-6 in my leased CLS for the past year. It is a marvelous engine. But the Mercedes transmission takes away some of the pleasure. It constantly downshifts/upshifts/downshift/upshifts/etc. The result being you are constantly adjusting throttle position. Going up a fairly long hill (maybe 1/8 mile) and putting it in cruise, the transmission typically will downshift 3 times before reaching the top. But it is a sweet sounding engine.

      The Volvo 4-banger (T6 Polestar) sounds like a 4-banger. But that's the only issue relative to my CLS. Plenty of power both from a stop and to pass, mated with a transmission and doesn't have a problem making up its mind.

      I did cross shop the MB wagon and V90CC. I thought the interior of the MB a bit too "pretty" to want to, oh, take my lawnmower in for servicing. And actually the design kind of wears on you after awhile. The MB exterior reminded me of a hearse. Kind of lumpy. The V90, even after 2 years, I find stunningly good looking (and as I mentioned in another post, when I drove it to the MB dealer to pick up some floor mats for the CLS, the sales manager came up to me and said "so you're the owner of the car that's been emptying my showroom of customers wanting a better look."

      Can't comment on the dogs. I only have an 18 lb. cat. But my lawnmower fits easily in back.....
      Hi, VLDI. On the MB owners forum, I saw similar comments regarding the in-line 6 (great engine) and the trans (shifting problems). Regarding the E's vs the V-Inscription's interior, I was ok with both, when I test drove both cars. After owning the V since June, in comparison to the E, my sense is that the V's perforated nappa leather interior is more brittle than the E's. IMO, while the V's seat leather is very supple, I don't think the leather is a thick as the E's. My dog almost punctured the seat leather with her nails (never an issue with my Lexus perforated leather seats). I'm now very careful to cover the rear seat in a heavy cloth throw, and have purchased a net so that my dog can't climb into the front seat. Lastly, I purchased interior rear door guards which cover the door panel.

      BTW, I don't think I'd put my lawnmower in my V or an E. LOL. Just today, I went to Home Depot to pick up some lumber (I'm fixing up my garage so that I can detail my V inside it). While there, I parked at the furthest out-of-the-way parking spot, and hoped no one would park next to it. Honestly, I felt uneasy bringing it to HD.

    17. #50
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      294
      Quote Originally Posted by 240_XC90 View Post
      Im looking at several V90 , both T5, T6 both CC and Inscriptions. I like the Inscription due to nice inside. I am leaning towards t-5 just because it simpler and reduced Maintenance Cost. But most go for the T-6. Please give me more info on your experience with a T-5. If you bought another V90 would you still do the T5 with Polestar or go for a T-6.

      Also, when I look at a CC vs Inscription on the outside, the only difference I see is chrome trim around the windows and chrome piece above the rocker panel. Does it still have the CC on the rear bumper. Do all Inscriptions have the heated , cooled seats, and is the upgraded Harmon K radio standard. thanks
      I have a V90 T5 R Design with Polestar. I drove a T6 (no polestar) as a comparison before buying and chose T5 with Polestar. Somehow I preferred the T5/Polestar combo. The drivetrain seemed more balanced somehow, turbo lag was much less that I was expecting and T5 was much quieter (no supercharger whine). Also, I preferred the simplicity and without air suspension and the the extra complexity of T6 felt like it would be more reliable in the long term (I plan on owning for 10 years). With FWD is gets slightly better mpg also. I didn't need AWD. So far it was the right choice and would do the same again.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

    18. #51
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Location
      Central NJ - USA
      Posts
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by maggs View Post
      Just curious. I own a 2020 V90 Inscription and love it. Most of the time, the V90 threads and/or comments I view are from V90CC owners. If there are any V90 Inscription owners in this forum, would you mind stating why you elected this instead of a CC and if you would purchase it again?

      Regarding my decision, it was based on a preference for a lower ride height (my wife is under 5 feet tall and I also wanted a low rear cargo lift area). In addition, I preferred the (IMO) more elegant exterior design of the Inscription and liked its car-like road manners.

      If at all possible, I'd respectfully appreciate it if the replies could be minimized to just Inscription owners, if any exist.
      Thank you to those who responded to this thread, particularly those very few (like me) who own a V90 Inscription. When I originally created this thread, I was interested to obtain feedback specifically from Inscription owners, since most of the posts I had seen were from CC and, to a lesser extent, R owners. Is any vehicle perfect? I haven't found it yet, and I've been driving for 50 years. I guess that's why so many different brands and vehicle types are in the market.

      In the American marketplace, the "traditional" station wagon is on life-support, while it remains in-demand in Europe. When I started my new car search in 2019, only the V90 Inscription and E-450 Estate Wagon were available for factory order. Now, in October of 2020, I believe, only the V90 Inscription remains. IMO the Audi RS-6 Avant is more race car than "traditional" wagon, and twice the price of the V. For the 2021 model year, even Benz has shifted the E-wagon to the lifted/body-clad "All-Terrain" model in America.

      Owning my Inscription reminds me of the joy I had when I owned my motorcycle (gave it up a few years ago due to health reasons). Each time I'd see my bike, I'd admire its design and appreciate the fun of riding it. I feel much the same about my V90 Inscription. I guess I'm "old-school". A car is more than just transportation to me. I like it that my Inscription is less common than a Ferrari, at least in my neck-of-the-woods.

    19. #52
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      Toronto/Prince Edward County, Canada
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
      Thanks for all the great feedback VLD1, maggs and gak, it is much appreciated. I guess I need to get a V90 overnight loaner and load my dogs in and see how it fares. The main reason I need a wagon is for my dogs so the fitment is critical. I have an X5 diesel that is on lease and it goes back in Jan 2021, I have an older and paid for Golf Sportwagen and want a mid-size wagon so I can go back to one vehicle that does it all for me.

      I did drive the E450 luxury spec wagon and never experienced any issues with the transmission. Engine and transmission were silky smooth. I had a 2015.5 XC70 T6, if I could get a V90 Inscription with THAT engine I'd buy it tomorrow. I loved that engine.

      gak, the 1967 Fiat sounds sweet. I bet it was a manual to so you could really make it sing?

      Here are the critters in my XC70 after running around like crazy hounds.
      My guess is that you'll find the V90 a little bit small for your dogs vs alternatives. My daughter has a Lab/Rottweiller, shorter than your dogs and a solid 70 pounds. He looks huge when he's in the back of my car - I suspect your dogs will have to stoop in the back - Lots of head room in the second row though (great looking dogs, BTW)!

      I did a lot of cross shopping before buying (E-class, BMW 640iGT, V90, some SUV's). I took a look at the E-estate (my sister has one and it has been reliable unlike my previous MB). A lot more room. I was looking at CPO's but the only one's available were Onyx black. They looked like hearses and I was car shopping for months and never found one with the spec I wanted. I test drove the E53 "AMG" estate and it was fantastic (including the transmission which was a tuned automatic not dual clutch.) The inline 6 is going to be a great engine going forward, but just couldn't pull the trigger on new (in Canada the E53's go for $100K+ Cdn) and there were no CPO's because they had just launched. BTW - in Canada Mercedes sells the C-class estate. It has an "AMG" C43 variant with the V6 turbo and is a very quick wagon. I couldn't consider this as there is no hitch available (and even if there was, the tow rating is only 1500lbs). I avoided test-driving in case I liked it too much. I always shake my head at how sport-wagons are ignored in North America - too much success selling crossovers, I guess.

      I ended up going for the CC because the V90 was too low for where I drive. I had a list of features and finally found one that ticked off all the boxes (B&W, prem/luxury package, amber interior) except for no rear air suspension. For me, the biggest surprise is how much I like the T6 engine. I must be an outlier because I don't even mind the sound when I'm mashing the throttle (it's no v8 or inline 6 - but it sounds OK, IMO). In Polestar mode it is definitely fast for a mid-sized wagon and shifts with authority (and I swear it sounds better in Polestar mode too). My biggest problem is with the cargo space - but I knew this going in. I just didn't fully appreciate my habit of loading my cars with anything and everything when I go away for the weekend. With the Volvo - it doesn't take much to fill up the back, so I've had the roof box on a lot.

    20. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

    Similar Threads

    1. Hey there, Hi there, Vo there! A introduction thread.
      By sdam87 in forum S70, V70 & V70XC (1998-2000)
      Replies: 34
      Last Post: 09-18-2017, 05:24 AM
    2. Sensus + Car Play co-existence questions
      By Trevlig in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 11-29-2016, 02:14 PM
    3. Replies: 25
      Last Post: 12-06-2006, 12:36 PM
    4. Amazed there are no P1800 Owners out there.
      By [email protected] in forum P1800, 1800 & 1800ES (1959-1973)
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 11-20-2002, 05:28 PM