BMW uptakes CarPlay to include the HUD. When, Volvo!?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

BMW uptakes CarPlay to include the HUD. When, Volvo!?

BMW already updated their end so CarPlay uses the hud, I would like Volvo could do the same. I wrote them several times, atta hung Apple documents which explain how to proceed...

I would love carplay could take advantage both the hud and the whole senses screen

https://imgur.com/a/GEP6BCW

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am actually surprises when I rented a Ford fusion and Android auto navigation showed up on the instrument cluster.

That's one thing Ford does better than Volvo

Wow, that would be great! As a T8 driver I would also love for Volvo to include the power gauge in the HUD. As I learned to drive my T8 for better efficiency, I've totally forgotten and don't even notice I have HUD . If they added that alone or some other useful info from CarPlay it'd bring me back. On the flip side, I also don't want Volvo to pick up habits from BMW... like their monthly subscriptions to take advantage of those updates and other features.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alistai...-heated-seats/
      2005 Boxster - EuroDelivery Atlas Grey (Street: Boxster S 18"/Track: Cayman S 18")
      2010 XC90 3.2 R-Design AWD - OSD Ice White (Winter: Vulcanis 19"/Summer & Off-Road: Panacea 18")
      2017 XC90 T8 R-Design eAWD - OSD (Pole✦ envy) Passion Red (Vision|Convenience|B&W|Climate|HUD|Air 4C|Lighted Running Boards|Tow|Center Booster|iPad|Protective Plate...) w/ChargePoint Home
      --
      Sold in 2018: 2001 V40 1.9T - OSD Atlantic Blue (Summer: Galactica 16"/Winter: Spectra 15")

Quote Originally Posted by hourglass View Post
      I am actually surprises when I rented a Ford fusion and Android auto navigation showed up on the instrument cluster.

That's one thing Ford does better than Volvo
      Is it because Ford has an inferior HMI platform? S, they only place to really show Nav well is in the instrument cluster?
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements