2017 S90 T6 Inscription 4 year ownership cost report - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by hourglass View Post
      I gave Volvo Canada a call today since the dealer said it would be 4800 just in parts for the dashboard replacement. Volvo Canada basically they said it's almost impossible the case would be covered since it's considered trim piece and the warranty on that is 12 months. They thanked me for informing them of the issue and basically that's it.
      Than you need to fight for it. No Manufacture will say sure let us fix it. I had to prove that its an issue. I showed this forum to them volvo rep at the dealer said oh thats how leather ages etc. So took me a month for them to approve. I would ask local dealer invite local volvo rep with your appt. So you can prove to them its defect. Just calling wont do much.
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A trim piece? A trim piece is something that can be left off the car without affecting its form or function. Can you really leave the dash cover off and not affect form or function??

Good oil costs more than $10... these engines are your old Toyota that will run on anything you throw in there. For what is worth, dealer prices on just oil change is usually pretty fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 Single Turbo / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline
      07 BMW R1200S: Akrapovic / Ohlins / Quickshifter
      19 Volvo V90 T6: R-Design / Bowers & Wilkins / Polestar Optimization

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dnovak33510 View Post
      anyone who buys tires from a dealer deserves to pay what they do. $2400 is ridiculous
      I certainly agree that $2,400 is very high. However, for my 2020 V60 CC, OEM replacement tires (P ZERO All Season 235/45R19 99V XL) cost $5/tire LESS at my local Volvo dealer than the identical tires at Tire Rack. Installed & balanced (w/o tax - which is 8% locally) for a set of 4, fully installed is $1,151US/$1,509.50 CAN.
      2020 V60 Cross Country T5 - Birch Light Metallic/Charcoal
      Advanced Package |Cross Country Pro Package
      Heated Steering Wheel/Rear Seat Package
      | Bowers & Wilkins

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9blue View Post
      Good oil costs more than $10... these engines are your old Toyota that will run on anything you throw in there. For what is worth, dealer prices on just oil change is usually pretty fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      $10 was in reference to filters.
      5w30 full synthetic thats up to Volvo's A5/B5 spec is $23 for a 5 quart Castrol jug at Walmart or Amazon. The engine takes 6.2 quarts, so do the math
      Poverty-spec 2016 XC90 T8 Momentum
      Zero options, $52K out the door brand new

Last edited by hourglass; 09-03-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls90 View Post
      Than you need to fight for it. No Manufacture will say sure let us fix it. I had to prove that its an issue. I showed this forum to them volvo rep at the dealer said oh thats how leather ages etc. So took me a month for them to approve. I would ask local dealer invite local volvo rep with your appt. So you can prove to them its defect. Just calling wont do much.
      I think it's easier if I am the first owner, but since I bought the car CPOed, the agent just basically said you should have rejected delivery instead of coming to them after accepting the vehicle. However, I never thought a dashboard would peel in 4 years and was checking all the other areas at delivery(tires, brakes, oil leaks, whether the vehicle has been in a crash etc.). I will bring it to the local Volvo dealer next time and see if anything can be done.

I am still surprised that the 4 year new car warranty doesn't cover everything not wear and tear. My parents' Lexus RX had a sun visor broken at 3 year mark and the dealer replaced it under warranty with no questions asked. I guess that doesn't count as a trim piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls90 View Post
      So...Mine *just started* to peel (dashboard) this past weekend. It's not a lot, but I can tell it's the surface skin of the leather dash that's starting to 'chip' a little. It was parked in very high heat/direct sun a few times without the windshield sun shade up for extended periods of time. I reckon it's a combination of the heat and direct sun and the extended time. My day-to-day is fairly limited sun exposure as it's always garage kept.

Looks like I'll be taking a trip to the stealership in the fairly near future. Is there at least a TSB or something for the leather dash issue?

I appreciate your insight!

Now I get few weeks to learn everything about the car my list of issues to bring to the dealer is getting bigger and bigger.

HUD Calibration(blurry HUD at certain height). One dealer told me it's because there are scartches on the reflection glass. I feel like it may be because of the windshield because it was replaced.
      AC gurgling(water fountain sound. Had it in the Lexus too and AC hose was replaced to fix that)
      Leather Dashboard peeling (not under warranty, 5K(just for parts, not including labor) to replace)
      Left door hard to open and hard to close (hard to open was fixed by replacing the door handle)
      Instrument cluster showed two black lines from time to time(maybe corroded wires?)
      Rear taillights are always on. Not sure if it's for all S90 or just mine. I turned the light control to "O" position and the reat tailight is still on.
      Strong wind noise at highway speed (winshield was replaced by the dealer so I think it's a bad install. The problem is that dealer is 500KM from me and I am not sure if it had any warranty on it anyways)
      1 Bent 20 inch rim

Some items are probably not covered by CPO warranty so I will have to see how much each cost and decide if it's worth fixing.

I remembered to explicitly ask for a loaner since last time the other dealer promised me to fix everything in 1 hour and it ended up taking 3 days. Had to get a rental and hotel at own cost since the dealer is 500KM from me and every time they said it would be ready tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hourglass View Post
      Now I get few weeks to learn everything about the car my list of issues to bring to the dealer is getting bigger and bigger.

HUD Calibration(blurry HUD at certain height). One dealer told me it's because there are scartches on the reflection glass. I feel like it may be because of the windshield because it was replaced.
      My CPO had a non Volvo windshield installed. This made the HUD blurry/shadowy at all heights. If the car is a CPO then all parts have to be OEM Volvo and no aftermarket. This is a Volvo Corporate requirement for a Volvo dealer to get a car into the CPO program.

My dealer ended up replacing the windshield with a Volvo unit and it made a night and day difference in the clarity of the HUD readout. FYI, A Volvo windshield (not heated) is north of $2200 installed for the S90. Scratches on the windshield will not result in a blurry HUD display.
      CURRENT:
      2017 S90 T6 Insciption P*
      2017 XC60 T6 R Design
      2017 XC90 T6 Insciption, OSD
      2007 S80 V8, Process of Being Passed to Next Generation of Volvo Owner/Driver
      1972 280se 4.5 (under going restoration)

Quote Originally Posted by napster View Post
      My CPO had a non Volvo windshield installed. This made the HUD blurry/shadowy at all heights. If the car is a CPO then all parts have to be OEM Volvo and no aftermarket. This is a Volvo Corporate requirement for a Volvo dealer to get a car into the CPO program.

My dealer ended up replacing the windshield with a Volvo unit and it made a night and day difference in the clarity of the HUD readout. FYI, A Volvo windshield (not heated) is north of $2200 installed for the S90. Scratches on the windshield will not result in a blurry HUD display.
      As in my original post, the windshield is replaced at a Volvo dealer with Volvo windshield for 2100 CAD. The previous dealer is saying the glass for the HUD (not the windshield, the piece of plastic that is on the dashboard) is scratched, therefore it is blurry at certain angles. I think the replacement part warranty expires when the ownership changes so I am not sure what it takes to fix the problem. Maybe I should just try to cut some paper and jammed it into the A-pillar to see if it can fix the leak

Yours being a non Volvo windshield would be better in my case because then I can say it shouldn't be CPOed and demand a Volvo windshield to be installed.

I have the same problem with the leather dashboard peeling and Volvo Corporate is basically telling me I should have checked everything before accepting the vehicle and that peeling dashboard is not the fault of Volvo

Hourglass,

Understood on the HUD plastic screen. Good luck with the dealer and Volvo. Lets hope they both understand it is better business sense to keep an existing customer happy.
      CURRENT:
      2017 S90 T6 Insciption P*
      2017 XC60 T6 R Design
      2017 XC90 T6 Insciption, OSD
      2007 S80 V8, Process of Being Passed to Next Generation of Volvo Owner/Driver
      1972 280se 4.5 (under going restoration)

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2