It fits!!!!!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BusteRT6 
#1 ·
PE brace fits like a glove.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to hear.

@BusteRT6, would you educate me (and maybe others) on the benefits on this PE brace. I honestly do not know, and am curious to understand. Thanks!

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

#3 ·
Our R no longer has no season shoes but very sticky Summer set. We drive it hard and wanted to make front end tighter and more precise. V90 is a heavy car and sticky rubber puts more stress around turns. This is a prep for KW V3. Same brace is installed on S/V60 PE with Öhlins setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I for one would like to hear if this is a noticeable improvement. I have a T6 with 275/40/18 Firestone Indy 500 on TSW Chronos wheels. I have ordered a rear sway bar from Viva, hasnt arrived yet. Also the Ohlins or KW3 look interesting. I had the KW on my BMW E60 535xi and they were awesome!

#6 ·
The honest reality is these are already 4,000+ pound cars, the chassis is stiff as everliving heck. The brace likely does nothing but look cool, but hey placebo effect is powerful.

#7 ·
So, is there any real data on the effectiveness of these things? Whenever I see one I always notice the firewall and all its associated rigidity is just a few inches behind it. Does adding this brace to the top of the strut towers really work? I know in the first gen GTIs it did but my Golf R has been proven NOT to need a brace, waste of money. I DID receive the KC Designs rear sway bar today and I know that will make a discernible difference.

#8 ·
Drive with one on for awhile then take it off and THEN tell me placebo effect.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.