Highest mileage S90 here? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by mattlach View Post
      I think it does, but I can't say to what extent.

When you use the auto parking brake, every time you stop and go, there is a brief period where the rear brakes are being warn during takeoff, before they open up again. Repeat this a few thousand times, and I'm sure there is some measurable wear. Not sure to what extent though.
      Just had the 2nd year servicing done on my V90CC. After reading some time ago about the cruise control's use of rear brakes, I've pretty much stopped using it. But I do use the auto parking brake. My pads at 12,000 miles are 11mm both front and rear, though I manually disengage it after parking.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not a S90 owner here but I have a MY18 V90CC with the T6 engine and the Polestar tune and I have 68k miles on mine, with absolutely no issues related to the engine/transmission, etc. My front brakes and pads were replaced at 6k on the Odometer and behaved perfect till recent. I'm upgrading my brakes to a BBK soon, but apart from that, would not change a thing on my car. I'm hoping to own and drive my V90CC till the wheels fall off, and I hope to get around 0.3-0.5 mil miles on it!
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post
      Not a S90 owner here but I have a MY18 V90CC with the T6 engine and the Polestar tune and I have 68k miles on mine, with absolutely no issues related to the engine/transmission, etc. My front brakes and pads were replaced at 6k on the Odometer and behaved perfect till recent. I'm upgrading my brakes to a BBK soon, but apart from that, would not change a thing on my car. I'm hoping to own and drive my V90CC till the wheels fall off, and I hope to get around 0.3-0.5 mil miles on it!
      Congrats, that sounds very encouraging. I am with you, besides the brake issues, I absolutely love my 2019 S90 and want to drive it as long as possible. I hope when I have the next brake replacement, they will give me the proper pad+rotor solution.

General question: Does anyone know how to measure the pads without taking off the wheels (maybe with pictures)? With this crazy accelerated wear I would like to check the brakes on monthly basis and would like to avoid taking off the wheels each time I want to measure. I have tried to cheat my way through the rims but don't know if I measure on the correct position (I have one of those templates). Any sort of tips and tricks would be highly appreciated.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Take a wheel off and do a visual inspection. You won't get a measurement but at least you can get an idea.

You could do one now and take a picture as reference point.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2