SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Luke’s 2013 C30 T5M

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  LukeFlynn 
#1 · (Edited)
This is it, 2013 C30 T5M, a car I've always wanted. I'm planning on closing the deal tomorrow, it came in on trade in and I did the used car inspection. Surprisingly little rust for a PA car, but it needs tires and maybe new wheels. Got a reasonable deal to trade in my seldom driven non-turbo S40. It is not an R Design and seems to be pretty basic other than the climate package. I already have a fast manual wagon, and this seems like the perfect second car for me. Some might recognize it, been flying around facebook groups here and there but I think most enthusiasts were ran off by the higher than average list price.

The car has 134k miles but has been dealer maintained for most of it's life, my dealer has serviced it for the past year or so. I'm not too bummed about it being the normal trim other than not having a damn wing, why Volvo didn't make it standard is unbeknownst to me, these cars look wack AF without a rear spoiler to help finish off the roof line. It also needs a nice tint, and maybe some 18 Midirs or Atreus.

Here are my plans:

• Tires
  • Wing ASAP
  • Tint (probably 20% same as my Wagon)
  • Do a quick muffler repalcement for a little more 5 cylinder joy, not wanting to go for a full catback on this car

Overall I don't plan to mod this car much at all other than maybe cosmetic. P1s have proven to be reliable in our shop for the most part, I'd like to keep this car that way so I can keep building my wagon further.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the new car, still a sexy little car! A wing and some window tint will set it off for sure! I have a set of Atreus wheels sitting in storage if your interested as well.

Any plans for the car?

#3 ·
Congrats on the new car, still a sexy little car! A wing and some window tint will set it off for sure! I have a set of Atreus wheels sitting in storage if your interested as well.

Any plans for the car?
Depends on shipping honestly, but I'd like to find different wheels before putting tires on it at some point

#5 · (Edited)
Took her home for real today after a lot of back and forth signing paperwork in between fixing cars. Here are some proper photos.

I was about to pull the trigger and buy an RDesign spoiler from work, then get it painted for a total cost of about $350. I ended up calling Erie Vovo and they had a black one in decent shape, $150ish. It'll be here Thursday and then this thing will look proper!

#7 ·
Beautiful

#9 ·
I'm also new to the C30 crew

I recently found a 2009 Rdesign. 144,000 kms. M66. I'm looking forward to getting to know this site,
so are all of the members after the new update. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#11 ·
Wow this threads been dead for a while. Not a lot has happened, this car gets driven. Coming up on three years of ownership and this has been the most reliable car I’ve had the pleasure of owning.

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Rim

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Sky

Early 2022 - Installed P* RSB and strut brace (unpictured)

Fall 2022 - Installed Bilstein B8s with factory height reduction kit. Also full dynaudio retrofit.

Feb. 2023 - New shoes! SPA Y Spokes

Going further… I’m thinking H&R springs and Polestar…

#12 ·
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Took this one on a much needed spirited drive. It certainly did not disappoint.

Not much more to say, I have plans to do all of the right things to it. It involves LSD. The transaxle component, not the substance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.