PSA: 2021 Model Configuration has been published on Volvo USA
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 46
    1. #1
      Junior Member MJEWETT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      205

      PSA: 2021 Model Configuration has been published on Volvo USA

      PSA: 2021 Model Configuration has been published on Volvo USA

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      1,045
      I’m in a MY2021 T5 Momentum loner today. I’ll take some pictures before I return it.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      130
      Anyone else curious about what this new “Air Quality with Advanced Air Cleaner” option is? To me it seems like a renamed Clean Zone that’s now an option and a gimmick sensor that “estimates” particulates in the air
      2020 XC60 T5 AWD R-Design Osmium Grey | Charcoal

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member stocis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Cyprus
      Posts
      552
      Quote Originally Posted by tooth32 View Post
      Anyone else curious about what this new “Air Quality with Advanced Air Cleaner” option is? To me it seems like a renamed Clean Zone that’s now an option and a gimmick sensor that “estimates” particulates in the air
      not really they patented and announced that they will be implementing n95 type ac's in the upcoming lineup so, I don't think it's a gimmick.
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo S60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

    7. #5
      Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      1,321
      Quote Originally Posted by tooth32 View Post
      Anyone else curious about what this new “Air Quality with Advanced Air Cleaner” option is? To me it seems like a renamed Clean Zone that’s now an option and a gimmick sensor that “estimates” particulates in the air
      No it's something completely different from Clean Zone Interior Package

      In EU countries, it has been on offer since April for 265 EUR

      I hope this lasts longer than the Clean Zone Interior Package - after 4 years it stops working

      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...terior-Package
      Last edited by BigBang; 09-10-2020 at 07:35 AM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    8. #6
      Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      1,045

      PSA: 2021 Model Configuration has been published on Volvo USA

      Here’s the pics I took of the 2021 XC60. I don’t love the wireless charging pad and 12v outlet. An iPhone XR in an Otterbox case almost does not fit in there. Without a case, I’d be worried about the phone sliding around.
















      Last edited by RootDKJ; 09-10-2020 at 08:38 AM.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      563
      Thanks for posting! Super nice of you.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2014
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      209
      Not a fan of the wireless charging in that spot either. It serves as a good third cup holder sometimes and the bigger phones will struggle with that spot.

      That said I'm not sure how else they could've fit a charger in with the current config. I wish the spot where the 12V is now could be indented more to fit a charger like how it is on the XC40 interior.
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum

    11. #9
      Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      1,045
      Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      Thanks for posting! Super nice of you.
      My pleasure.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Posts
      11
      I test drove a 2021 a couple of days ago and my iPhone slid off the charging mat more than once. I'm really noticing how little center storage there is in the XC60's...

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      563
      That's a major weakness in the volvo which otherwise has great ergonomics.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

    14. #12
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Lewisberry Penn
      Posts
      890
      The old clean zone was rated for something like 75% and the new one is up to 95%... I think it's a bit silly to have as a stand alone option other than to bring attention to it. Before folks would ask during delivery what it was... I suppose that's my fault for not pushing the feature, but I don't think I ever sold a car because it was standard....
      2006 C70 T5
      Volvo Sales Guy
      Overseas Delivery Specialist
      VCOA Member
      iRoll YouTube

    15. #13
      Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      1,045
      Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      That's a major weakness in the volvo which otherwise has great ergonomics.
      Quote Originally Posted by G650ER View Post
      I test drove a 2021 a couple of days ago and my iPhone slid off the charging mat more than once. I'm really noticing how little center storage there is in the XC60's...
      I agree. It’s not the best implementation. I would have liked to see some sort of vertical integration inside the armrest console storage and the center console area open.

      Wireless charging without wireless CarPlay doesn’t make much sense to me anyway.

      I usually put my keys in the space in front of the cup holders.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    16. #14
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      130
      Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      The old clean zone was rated for something like 75% and the new one is up to 95%... I think it's a bit silly to have as a stand alone option other than to bring attention to it. Before folks would ask during delivery what it was... I suppose that's my fault for not pushing the feature, but I don't think I ever sold a car because it was standard....
      Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      not really they patented and announced that they will be implementing n95 type ac's in the upcoming lineup so, I don't think it's a gimmick.
      Interesting, I had no idea Volvo was working on something new. Was there a Clean Zone Interior Package option in the US? I ordered my current XC60 and never saw that as an option. All I see is the CleanZone blue logo in the Sensus display. I always assumed that was just an enhanced, charcoal filter that filters particles better than the standard car cabin filter.
      2020 XC60 T5 AWD R-Design Osmium Grey | Charcoal

    17. #15
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      130
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      No it's something completely different from Clean Zone Interior Package

      In EU countries, it has been on offer since April for 265 EUR

      I hope this lasts longer than the Clean Zone Interior Package - after 4 years it stops working

      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...terior-Package

      I'm not sure if this was an option available in the US or if it's standard here. I've never unlocked my car with the remote - always use the keyless entry on the doorhandles. I do have Parking Climate timers set, but honestly don't even know if that is doing anything.
      2020 XC60 T5 AWD R-Design Osmium Grey | Charcoal

    18. #16
      Junior Member Catfiend's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      Olympic Peninsula
      Posts
      423
      Quote Originally Posted by tooth32 View Post
      I'm not sure if this was an option available in the US or if it's standard here. I've never unlocked my car with the remote - always use the keyless entry on the doorhandles. I do have Parking Climate timers set, but honestly don't even know if that is doing anything.
      IIRC it was standard in the US. Not really sure what it does but I sometimes see it on Sensus as gray and sometimes as blue so I'd guess it's not on all of the time but I have no idea what changes the state. We rarely touch the climate control now that we have it nicely dialed in so any changes are ones that the system is initiating.
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription Ice White/blonde
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blonde (sold)

    19. #17
      Junior Member Catfiend's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      Olympic Peninsula
      Posts
      423
      Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      Wireless charging without wireless CarPlay doesn’t make much sense to me anyway.
      Agreed. I saw that and that it still doesn't appear to have wireless CarPlay (or AA) and scratched my head. I don't currently use CarPlay in part because of needing to hook up the phone, but if I were going to use it I'd use it far more frequently than a charger in the car. If it could just pick up the phone in my pocket and connect I might think of using it (though I'm unsure of what I'd want from it at the moment.)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription Ice White/blonde
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blonde (sold)

    20. #18
      Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      1,321
      Quote Originally Posted by tooth32 View Post
      I'm not sure if this was an option available in the US or if it's standard here. I've never unlocked my car with the remote - always use the keyless entry on the doorhandles. I do have Parking Climate timers set, but honestly don't even know if that is doing anything.
      I'm not sure if it was a standard option on the US market but on the EU market it's a standard option for 4-zone climate

      Clean Zone Interior Package it only works when the car is unlocked with the remote control
      An enhanced fan function that means that the fan starts when the car is unlocked with the remote control key. The fan fills the passenger compartment with fresh air. The function starts when required and is disengaged automatically after a time or when one of the passenger compartment doors is opened.


      There are several terms that have different functions
      - Clean Zone
      https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...ity/clean-zone

      - Interior Air Quality System
      https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...quality-system

      - Clean Zone Interior Package
      https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...terior-package
      Last edited by BigBang; 09-10-2020 at 05:37 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    21. #19
      What's the deal with no massaging seats available on the 2021s? It's my wife's favorite feature in our 2019 I'd have to say. Trying to push people into the XC90?

    22. #20
      Member PureDrive07's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Colonia, NJ
      Posts
      4,635
      Quote Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs View Post
      What's the deal with no massaging seats available on the 2021s? It's my wife's favorite feature in our 2019 I'd have to say. Trying to push people into the XC90?
      Oddly enough you can still get Massage Seats on the V60CC as a $500 Option. The Inscription models also lose the badge on the rear and the Chrome Side pieces no longer say Inscription anymore. The S60 lost Nappa Seats and massage options. It seems that now you can no longer choose your trim style and its tied to your seating material/color choice across all models. One last item they removed across the board, Headlamp Washers are eliminated; for many this may not be an issue, but for someone who lives in the Northeast I liked having them.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black [HIS] - Platinum/Tech/Climate/19" IxionII, Polestar Winglets, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Sway Bar, 15mm Spacers and KN Filter.
      2019 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Crystal White/Charcoal [HERS] - Nappa Leather w/Massage/Advanced/Heated Steering & Rear Seats/Sport Steering Wheel & Charcoal Headliner/20" Wheels/RD Sport Pedals
      ​Past: 1994 940Turbo/2004 S40LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda 3/2012 S60RD/2013 S60T5AWD/2016 XC60T6AWD

    23. #21
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Posts
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      I agree. It’s not the best implementation. I would have liked to see some sort of vertical integration inside the armrest console storage and the center console area open.

      Wireless charging without wireless CarPlay doesn’t make much sense to me anyway.

      I usually put my keys in the space in front of the cup holders.

      Same for me.

    24. #22
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      991
      Lazy implementation of wireless charger. Come on Volvo, do it right! At least like the xc40 or maybe more visible than that. Wouldn't be that hard to make some adjustments in the console.
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

    25. #23
      We were considering ordering another XC60 to buy when my wife's T8 was off lease but the lack of massage seats may sway us. I think Volvo is trying to cut the pricing as much as possible because the XC60 T8 was running too close to the newly released (and up sized) BMW X5 45e. That's the vehicle that's probably moving to the top of our list as of now.

    26. #24
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      20
      If you build out an Inscription in the configurator, then go to Summary page and click "View Standard Features" and then go to the info for "Comfort seat padding" under Interior, it does mention that the seats have the massage function. Not sure if that is accurate or an oversight though.

    27. #25
      Junior Member schmitty8225's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      141
      Quote Originally Posted by KezzaMcDezza View Post
      If you build out an Inscription in the configurator, then go to Summary page and click "View Standard Features" and then go to the info for "Comfort seat padding" under Interior, it does mention that the seats have the massage function. Not sure if that is accurate or an oversight though.
      Interesting. The v60 inscription does not include the messaging seats though.
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

    28. #26
      Junior Member PSamy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Location
      Southern CT
      Posts
      105
      Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      I agree. It’s not the best implementation. I would have liked to see some sort of vertical integration inside the armrest console storage and the center console area open.

      Wireless charging without wireless CarPlay doesn’t make much sense to me anyway.

      I usually put my keys in the space in front of the cup holders.
      Totally agree, without wireless carplay or AA, no use of having wireless charging pad, Anyway I am going to connect to USB port for that.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

    29. #27
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2020
      Posts
      2

      Retrofit possible ?

      Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      The old clean zone was rated for something like 75% and the new one is up to 95%... I think it's a bit silly to have as a stand alone option other than to bring attention to it. Before folks would ask during delivery what it was... I suppose that's my fault for not pushing the feature, but I don't think I ever sold a car because it was standard....
      I ordered in Europe an new XC60 MY21, but I forgot to add this enhanced filter, which was available in the "options" for around 300 €. You think I can install it later, after the car will be delivered to me ? Somehow it is now to late to change the configuration:

    30. #28
      Junior Member stocis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Cyprus
      Posts
      552
      Quote Originally Posted by Bojo View Post
      I ordered in Europe an new XC60 MY21, but I forgot to add this enhanced filter, which was available in the "options" for around 300 €. You think I can install it later, after the car will be delivered to me ? Somehow it is now to late to change the configuration:
      hi welcome to the forum.
      I don't think anyone can help you since this is a relatively new accessory/option, but why don't you go ahead and ask Volvo / your dealer and let us know too?
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo S60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

    31. #29
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      563
      Quote Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs View Post
      What's the deal with no massaging seats available on the 2021s? It's my wife's favorite feature in our 2019 I'd have to say. Trying to push people into the XC90?
      Do you seriously brother somebody who wants a vehicle the size and cost of an XC60 would upgrade to the XC90 for massaging seats.

      I wouldn't have bought the xc90 ig it were ten thousand cheaper - not because I don't like the vehicle. The size is just not workable for my situation.

      90% of people who have massaging seats don't use them and don't really care about the feature. So it wasn't worth keeping in the model line.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

    32. #30
      Junior Member schmitty8225's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Orlando, Fl
      Posts
      141
      Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post

      90% of people who have massaging seats don't use them and don't really care about the feature. So it wasn't worth keeping in the model line.
      That is complete BS. I have never met someone who has them that doesn't use them frequently.

      Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

    33. #31
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Location
      TN
      Posts
      251
      Quote Originally Posted by schmitty8225 View Post
      That is complete BS. I have never met someone who has them that doesn't use them frequently.

      Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
      schmitty8225. I am one of those people that does not use the seat massager frequently. I have probably only used it 2 or 3x in 35k miles of driving. It just doesn't do much for me. And my wife tried it once but did not like it.
      But I would assume the feature was dropped because not enough buyers forked over the $2200 (I think that is what it was) for the "luxury package" which included the massage feature.
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription, Pine Grey, Maroon Brown Interior, Polestar, Advanced, Vision, Convenience, Protection, Air Suspension, B&W, etc

    34. #32
      Junior Member Ultrarunner511's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      346
      Quote Originally Posted by njlime View Post
      schmitty8225. I am one of those people that does not use the seat massager frequently. I have probably only used it 2 or 3x in 35k miles of driving. It just doesn't do much for me. And my wife tried it once but did not like it.
      But I would assume the feature was dropped because not enough buyers forked over the $2200 (I think that is what it was) for the "luxury package" which included the massage feature.
      I "settled" on the 2020 without massage seats. Unfortunately/fortunately Volvo bought the 2020 back for the water damage. The 2021 has the massage seats, so maybe it's silver lining. I use the massage seats on any drive longer than 5 minutes. So essentially, 100% of the time.

      Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

    35. #33
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2017
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      6,072
      I or my wife use it in 1hr or longer trip, so not much chance. It takes multiple clicks here and there to turn it on. So not really want to use it in daily commute.

      Of course it is a great wow factor to surprise passengers.

      Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 237344 miles [2020-10-13]

    36. #34
      Member BigBang's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      World
      Posts
      1,321
      Is there a foot massage and hand massage option

      It seems that individuals here have problems with their spine, so they need a massage, it may be better to visit an orthopedist and some massage clinic
      Last edited by BigBang; 10-19-2020 at 01:03 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

    37. #35
      Global Moderator R-Pow3R3d's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      8,466
      Keep it civil. It's not hard to treat each other with respect and understand that any one person's perspective may be entirely different than another ones. Please strive to meet this remarkably low bar.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R, 2004 V70R MT 68k

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. PSA: 2021 Model Configuration has been published on Volvo USA
      By MJEWETT in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 09-09-2020, 12:19 PM
    2. Replies: 5
      Last Post: 02-11-2019, 03:12 PM
    3. Best configuration for an older model?
      By KnightNight in forum XC90 (2003 - 2014)
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 05-10-2017, 06:09 AM
    4. Replies: 70
      Last Post: 03-26-2017, 10:46 PM