SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

PSA: 2021 Model Configuration has been published on Volvo USA

5K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  nbvolks 
#1 ·
PSA: 2021 Model Configuration has been published on Volvo USA

Interestingly, Blonde R-Design Seat Option isn't listed for the S90, but is for the V90 and XC90. Black Full Nappa/Black Nappa & Alcantara are the only options for the S90 R-Design. Hope this was a screw-up as Volvo seems to typically do the first few days the build site for new model years go live.

#2 ·
Interesting.. the luxury package is now the Lounge Package on the V90CC.

I see they're still offering the same boring colors grrrrrr. Why can't I have a flaming red V90CC!!

#3 · (Edited)
What happened to the interesting bright colors on the RD?? No replacement for Bursting Blue and Passion? Bleh.
But also finally blonde leather available in R-Design! (Lol)

Edit: y'all get so much more configurability in all models it's not even funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Volvo is probably the only car manufacturer which lowers the prices of its cars year over year. When you put a 2021 Base Momentum with Advanced Package and protection package together, the car costs 56k. The MSRP of my 2019 T5 with advanced Package is also 56k BUT mine is a T5 and FWD and all the new S90s are T6 and AWD. That means the price of the 2021 is about 15% lower than the price of the 2019 model. I tried to see what other add ons I had in my 2019 which are not included in 2021 and couldn't find any. So it is pretty accurate apples to apples comparison

#8 ·
Noticed that some of the a la carts options - like the booster rear seats require a selection of an additional package.

#10 ·
My guess is they won't, as it looks like a switch to more LEDs. That will likely require new wiring.

My V90 is getting new headlights due to poorly lit low beams. The 2020 cars got a new headlight that isn't plug and play with my '18, so I'll assume the same with the tail lights.

#12 ·
They physically drop in, yes.

But you'll need new wiring both for the outer lenses and for the trunk/hatch. The new lenses shift the reverse lights to the outer housings, instead of the hatch housings, and they carry the turn signal across both.

I haven't logged on to VIDA to see if the new 2021 wiring diagrams are up yet to see just how much is required.

#13 ·
Physical fit confirmation is good news!

As long as they are electrically compatible and don't require some external logic, I have no problem making my own wiring harnesses.

Might have to order the factory harness parts as well in order to harvest the connectors...

#24 ·
My reaction too

#27 ·
Do we know when the 2021's are going to pop up in showrooms?

I'd be interested in stopping by to look at what they decided on for a solution for the lights.

It's funny to me that there is. 700+ page lighting regulation and we still don't get to have animated turn signals and adaptive headlights.

Usually the EU is the one that is criticized for this type of bureaucracy...

#28 ·
Usually the EU is the one that is criticized for this type of bureaucracy...
Agree but when it comes to automotive lighting, DOT is a complete joke. Antiquated rules and no justification for them. I recall headlights requiring a certain amount of bleed upward per DOT. Complete insanity. Back in the early 2000's I had a Jetta VR6 and ordered European E-code headlights for it. The difference was completely out of this world. The US DOT spec light was basically useless, using a pathetic 9004 bulb. Output was dangerously bad. Upgrading to E-codes I ended up with an incredible beam pattern and tons of output from the far superior H4 bulb. DOT's lighting rules are a joke.

#33 ·
Having gone from a totaled 2018 V90 CC with the tracking headlights to a 2019 V90 CC with standard headlights, I find that the standard headlights are superior (except when making a right hand turn). There is better coverage and farther illumination.

#34 ·
What is the difference that makes them better? I have a 2020 V90 CC with the tracking headlights and find the low beam cutoff to feel a tad low. Also there is a noticeable dark V between the two beam patterns, which is a little odd. I do really appreciate them turning with the car though, and combined with the cornering lamps enabled, you really can see around corners. The high beams are also incredible.

I'm curious how the "standard" lights compare.

#36 ·
the 2018/2019 Ocean Race v90cc price isn't looking too bad compare to a maxed out 2021 v90cc...i used the build tool to configure a 2021 v90CC as close as possible to my 2018 OR base/options - including polestar....the 2021 configured summary was almost $3,000.00USD more...and this doesn't factor in the unique features that the 2021 doesn't have...both cars have unique options to their models...the 2021 unique options are: the air quality/advanced filter cleaner option, ventilated/massaging front seats and heated rear seats that the OR doesn't have...

#37 ·
When I factory ordered my 2020 V90 Inscription, I noticed that some features in the 2019 model (e,g, rear storage area flip up package carrier, front seat massage) weren't listed or available, although there was a slight increase in MSRP. From what I can see, as a person new to Volvo, it seems like their practice is to make new model year changes like this, which (I guess) serve to reduce their costs, while increasing their selling price and maintaining or increasing profit. I realized this when I ordered my 2020 V90, but preferred a new car that suffered no prior abuse, since I intended to buy and keep for 10+ years. Honestly, a used 2019 model, in addition to reduced price, would have probably come with a few more features ... IF I could have found one exactly to my specifications. However, due to its rarity, this would have been unlikely (I did search for a used car and none were found to my liking at the time I ordered).

#38 ·
Hmm.

I know this is not an S/V90, but I just got a 2021 XC90 as a loaner from my dealer. It appears to have the same taillights as the 2020 model, with the turning indicators being the same flashing red as always.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.