2019 V90 w/ Borla "S" Type muffler
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

c3 2019 V90 w/ Borla "S" Type muffler

I've had a few requests for a "sound clip" of the Exhaust mod don on my V90.

Here goes nothing.... LOL Hope you guys like the video "be gentle it's been a while since I've done a YT video"

Last edited by B-SIDE; 09-11-2020 at 04:38 PM.
      Current : 2019 V90 R-Design P* - Full R-D package + Integrated Rear Booster Seats / Borla Exhaust / K&N Filter / Chrome Delete / Ceramic Pro on Electric Silver Metallic Paint / 98% De-badged (+ other minor customizations)
      Former : 2015 V60 P* (aftermarket Wheels / Exhaust / K&N Filter) Blackout + other minor customizations

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Impressive! That took the car into a whole new direction.
      Her HHI car - 2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      His - 2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!
      Hers - 2017 XC60 Magic Blue w/ blond interior, T5 Dynamic
      For Fun - 1992 NA 300ZX lightly modified

Quote Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
      Impressive! That took the car into a whole new direction.
      Thanks!
      Yeah between the exhaust and the P* tune... I'm in heaven!

The drive by didn't quite come out the way I was hoping, but I guess it shows that its not obnoxious, which is what most people (Volvo Owners) think when you say aftermarket exhaust. LOL

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      Current : 2019 V90 R-Design P* - Full R-D package + Integrated Rear Booster Seats / Borla Exhaust / K&N Filter / Chrome Delete / Ceramic Pro on Electric Silver Metallic Paint / 98% De-badged (+ other minor customizations)
      Former : 2015 V60 P* (aftermarket Wheels / Exhaust / K&N Filter) Blackout + other minor customizations

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thanks for sharing and that is thinking out of the box. Only a car fanatic would delve deep and perform this mod.

Noticed the car seat in video, lucky kid cruises in a cool long roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

Actually a good video!! I love the car, not crazy about the sound only because I like it real quiet. Everybody like different kinds of tea right?? thanks for showing some a real mod on a V90 instead of the usual "full race" sunglasses holder!! Have fun!
      Current garage ....2017 S90 Inscription, 2018 Mercedes S63 Renntech tune 673 h.p., 2012 Sprinter van, 2018 VW Golf R APR stage 1. I am a car nut from WAAAAY back! Previously 2014 A8 SWB 4.0, 2013 E550, 2012 S550, 2010 E350 wagon, 2008 Audi S8. 39 Buick, 33 Nash coupe, 66 Comet, 67 Fairlane

Quote Originally Posted by walt2810 View Post
      Thanks for sharing and that is thinking out of the box. Only a car fanatic would delve deep and perform this mod.

Thanks for watching and commenting, Yeah the little one makes my wife a little "jelly" (jealous) because she always wants to ride in the "daddy's silver car",
      But the wife can't complain too much, she has a V6 Dodge Journey with an intake and muffler delete with 3" pipes, LOL
      ((( She's wayyyyy louder than me - in more ways than one )))

I love the fact that you appreciate the video and "a real mod" although the sound is not your "cup of tea".
      Wish more guys on all forums could share their opinion without trashing the other guys difference of opinion / preference.

Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by B-SIDE View Post
      I love the fact that you appreciate the video and "a real mod" although the sound is not your "cup of tea".
      Wish more guys on all forums could share their opinion without trashing the other guys difference of opinion / preference.

Kudos!
      Actually like the sound as long as not too much ride vibration from the drone. Enjoy the silver long roof with the family.

2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

Actually like the sound as long as not too much ride vibration from the drone. Enjoy the silver long roof with the family.
      Thanks, I made sure we got some footage of the drone inside, which I think is the biggest deterrent for Exhaust mods for most people.

What's the sputtering when it shifts? Does it cut the ignition for a second to offload the trans or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Robdiesel View Post
      What's the sputtering when it shifts? Does it cut the ignition for a second to offload the trans or something?
      Are you referring to this?

Exhaust Burble on Deceleration

"An exhaust burble, or throaty popping noise which could be likened to a babbling brook, it has a different cause if it only occurs when suddenly backing off on a vehicle's throttle. Essentially, the sudden easing off the throttle causes an immediate decrease in exhaust emissions to the degree that atmospheric pressure surrounding the exhaust pipe pushes cool air up into the exhaust system. This air collides with the warm exhaust gasses and creates a rumbling not unlike thunder. Normally this will only happen if the tailpipe has too wide a diameter to maintain equalized air pressure, or there is a seam in the exhaust pipes which is not air tight."

Are you referring to this?

Exhaust Burble on Deceleration

"An exhaust burble, or throaty popping noise which could be likened to a babbling brook, it has a different cause if it only occurs when suddenly backing off on a vehicle's throttle. Essentially, the sudden easing off the throttle causes an immediate decrease in exhaust emissions to the degree that atmospheric pressure surrounding the exhaust pipe pushes cool air up into the exhaust system. This air collides with the warm exhaust gasses and creates a rumbling not unlike thunder. Normally this will only happen if the tailpipe has too wide a diameter to maintain equalized air pressure, or there is a seam in the exhaust pipes which is not air tight."

You forgot to mention that it is a cool sound (not defective) and most sport cars make a similar "sputtering" sound when shifting and or decelerating.
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

Quote Originally Posted by pocholin View Post
      You forgot to mention that it is a cool sound (not defective) and most sport cars make a similar "sputtering" sound when shifting and or decelerating.
      Haha noted,
      Obviously I totally love that sound, but since sound or whats cool is so subjective, and I'm obviously a 'black sheep' when it comes to volvo owners
      I just copied and pasted what was here:
      "Exhaust Burble Causes" https://itstillruns.com/exhaust-burb...s-5545351.html

But yeah you're right, its not an indicator of a defect or something wrong. And yes to me it's totally cool, LOL.

Thanks for the support!

Haha noted,
      Obviously I totally love that sound, but since sound or whats cool is so subjective, and I'm obviously a 'black sheep' when it comes to volvo owners
      I just copied and pasted what was here:
      "Exhaust Burble Causes" https://itstillruns.com/exhaust-burb...s-5545351.html

But yeah you're right, its not an indicator of a defect or something wrong. And yes to me it's totally cool, LOL.

Thanks for the support!

I generally like the sound as well. It seems like that burble is the new "in" thing with exhausts. Listen to any of the newer 3-series or AMGs and they all have some form of it going on. You didn't really hear it at all on stock exhausts more than like 5 years ago.

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements