HVAC weirdness
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: HVAC weirdness

HVAC weirdness

2001 model -the a/c seems to have a mind of its own, blowing air from everywhere except where you want it, and on the occasion it does blow from the main vents, it's very unevenly distributed. Are some components (controls, flaps) prone to failing, and any trouble shooting tips for testing if the HVAC control is working properly, or the flaps are being obstinate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by poohsan View Post
      2001 model -the a/c seems to have a mind of its own,
      There are all sorts of things you can do using VIDA - you can check damper positions, temp in each, reset damper motors, and many other parameters and setting. This would help with your diagnosis. From there you may find you need damper motors or perhaps a replacement CCM. Investigation with VIDA or an appropriate scan tool would be the first step.

I saw the thread where I can dl the vida vm, I'm guessing I will need a funky cable connector too.

I played with the a/c a little more, it always wants to blow on your feet. Hit the defrost button and the air blows on the windshield, then hit the middle button and the air blows from the dash vents, and about 1 minute later it switches back to the feet, even though the dash vents are still selected. Select the feet button where it's already blowing, and then switch back to the dash vents and it will blow from the dash vents for a few minutes, and then switch back to the feet again, even though only the dash vents button is selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by poohsan View Post
      I'm guessing I will need a funky cable connector too.

switch back to the dash vents and it will blow from the dash vents for a few minutes, and then switch back to the feet again,
      Yes you will need a Dice unit - It's the interface between your cpu and the car obd port.

Volvo has in the past made the floor vents the default when something with the heater is broken - maybe so the floor heat will always work.

You could look at what xemodex has to offer and check with them for suggestions - but Vida (with a dice unit) would give you answers also.

https://xemodex.com/us/climate-contr...olvo-services/

If it mostly blows at the floor, it may be a dirty or a bad thermistor. The car battery must be disconnected when removing the module (suggest having the key in POSII when reconnecting). The thermistor must read 10kohm at 70F
      See youtube

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements