Feedback on Scheduled Service via VOC
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Feedback on Scheduled Service via VOC

Have you use the scheduled service feature on the VOC app? What has been your experience and suggested improvements?

All the best from Minnesota USA,
      A fine MY16 XC90 T8
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 10 Sept. 2020 | 47K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My feedback is that I like the Calendar and Sensus Nav feature.

However, the user cannot seemingly set or modify the specific issues or type of service when the dealer sets up the service.

My dealer recommends a phone call over the app and even their own web-based dealer solution. That sounds odd - like there are more integrations needed.

My biggest suggestions are:
      1. Allow the user to enter their own entries for service, plus typical services in a drop down format.
      2. Allow the user to easily modify the service and change the schedule.

In my case, the VOC app says that the reason for my visit is “Lighting and Bulbs.” That has nothing to do with why I am coming in. The dealer’s system and email confirmation is more accurate, but I cannot edit it without calling the dealer to edit it.

Also, the dealer must be able to view all of user entry points. The dealer told me that the notes section is not visible to them.

My sense is that there could be at least three different systems in use and not fully integrated.

Integration and user updating are key to make this work for the car owner via VOC.

All the best from Minnesota USA,
      A fine MY16 XC90 T8
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 10 Sept. 2020 | 47K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

Good lord. What's wrong with picking up the phone and calling the service department and making an appointment? Are we all so beholden to new tech that soon we will be requiring that if we think we need service it will be transmitted by embedded microchip to our service writer?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by porschie356 View Post
      Good lord. What's wrong with picking up the phone and calling the service department and making an appointment? Are we all so beholden to new tech that soon we will be requiring that if we think we need service it will be transmitted by embedded microchip to our service writer?
      The point of this thread is seek to feedback on the new VOC Service feature. Thanks for the "interesting" perspective.

Nothing wrong with picking up the phone. That is what many do, myself included. There are other methods to set up appointments, including a webpage, an email and a text.

However, there is this new feature in VOC that allows for setting up a "service appointment" feature. If not using the tool, that is useful feedback. If one has used or are trying to use it, what feedback does one have.

Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      The point of this thread is seek to feedback on the new VOC Service feature. Thanks for the "interesting" perspective.

Nothing wrong with picking up the phone. That is what many do, myself included. There are other methods to set up appointments, including a webpage, an email and a text.

However, there is this new feature in VOC that allows for setting up a "service appointment" feature. If not using the tool, that is useful feedback. If one has used or are trying to use it, what feedback does one have.

Pretty simple.
      Ignore him. He is just an cranky guy who never contribute anything useful on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 Single Turbo / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline
      07 BMW R1200S: Akrapovic / Ohlins / Quickshifter
      19 Volvo V90 T6: R-Design / Bowers & Wilkins / Polestar Optimization

VOC / Connectivity Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post

Pretty simple.
      I appreciate the spirit of this post...

You would be surprised about the sheer amount of coordination that has to happen to get retailers on a common "calendar" platform showing all the same services, consistent pricing, etc...

- We started with "K" Services
      - Adding the Top10 Book Services to pick from
      - Recalls will be shown
      - Free-Form text in the "other" also will show up on the repair order directly, so the shop see's it.

The web form just has more options since it's been around longer :-)
      Any comments made are of my own opinion and not that of my employer!

This topic shines light on the disconnect between Volvo corporate and the independent Volvo dealer. I'm sure the dealer wasn't part of the app development so now they play catch up while the frustration is put on the customer. And the customer interacts with the dealer on a personal level so the dealer now has to figure it out. Unless Volvo corporate has fully equipped the dealer with the means to interact with the service part of the app, the dealer is put in a difficult position fulfilling the expectation of the customer on a service promised by a corporate office.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      2016 S60 Cross Country (SOLD)

For what it is worth, I scheduled my 10K visit via the iOS app. It worked just fine. But the dealer did have to call back to confirm the visit and get some of the finer details down.
      09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 Single Turbo / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline
      07 BMW R1200S: Akrapovic / Ohlins / Quickshifter
      19 Volvo V90 T6: R-Design / Bowers & Wilkins / Polestar Optimization

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements