ARP Studs
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: ARP Studs

ARP Studs

I'm being told there are two different part numbers for our ARP Studs kit, one seems to be defective and another is the good one to use.

I couldn't find anything related so I thought maybe you guys might know?

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk
      Stage 3 Electric Silver 06 S60R 6SPD #TeamTF80, 12.6 1/4 @114mph. Build thread here
      Follow my obsession on Instagram: @kale_Salad_rz https://www.instagram.com/kale_salad_rz/
      Quote Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by AthruC View Post
      It is flaccid in nature, and makes me uncomfortable to talk about.
      Ugh. Story of my life.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Should be 219-4301. I know you’re aware, but make sure to follow Austin’s torque specs ( 85?- he’ll chime in)... the arp specs are too high.

Why not OEM though?
      1998 V70R, M58 AWD manual, Darton sleeved Wiseco 10:1 2.58l, Enem Y21 cams, gen 2 Garrett GTX3071R .82ar (IWG), VAST custom tubular exhaust manifold and downpipe, Sachs 707pp/ R clutch,VAST COP E85 tune with dual VVT control, LS2 coils, 3.25” ID MAF housing and custom intake, na TB, DW300, DW 1000cc, ipd diverter valve, ipd intercooler, DO88 aluminum radiator, Magnaflow exhaust, Kaplhenke dbl adjustable front&rear coilovers, Kaplehenke delrin subframe bushings, ipd sways/strut brace, Porsche BBK front, rear '00 VR rotors/calipers, 17” BBS RGR’s, Jewels.

There’s only one ARP head stud kit for Volvos, but lots of bad information.

Follow the directions explicitly and ensure you use the ARP lubricant on the studs, washers, and nuts to ensure the proper torque value.

You also need to have the head professionally surfaced and measure the block for flatness. Stronger fasteners won’t overcome poor flatness across the surface.

I also agree that stock bolts should be fine. You’ll loose a connecting rod before the head bolts will stretch past yield at installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      06 VR GT - daily driver ~18" TSW Nurburgring wheels ~Contrast Stage 4 ~Shimmed block ~EFR7163 turbo ~1050cc Injectors ~TorqByte PM3 fuel pump and CM5-LT W/M controllers ~track spec IPD Bars ~Ultra Racing front strut bar & VST rear strut bar ~SS brake lines~Innovate Boost & AFR fail safe

Quote Originally Posted by Austin V70R View Post
      There’s only one ARP head stud kit for Volvos, but lots of bad information.

Follow the directions explicitly and ensure you use the ARP lubricant on the studs, washers, and nuts to ensure the proper torque value.

You also need to have the head professionally surfaced and measure the block for flatness. Stronger fasteners won’t overcome poor flatness across the surface.

I also agree that stock bolts should be fine. You’ll loose a connecting rod before the head bolts will stretch past yield at installation.

Yeah, I had ARP studs installed when I had Darton MID sleeves and CP Carillo pistons and rods installed. Sent it out to the builder and when they went to install the head let me know that they needed to machine it.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements