SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Shifter moves a bit when engaging/disengaging clutch, in reverse only

833 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  D-man9000 
#1 ·
The car's a 2010 C30, just figured I'd post here for the added traffic, since it's mechanically the same as the others.

So this is odd. Just kinda started up recently.

When I put the car into reverse and then lift up on the clutch and begin applying some throttle, I can feel the shifter move a bit. When I press the clutch pedal back in(when I'm done backing up) it will move even more.

This only happens when I'm in reverse, all other gears are fine. No noises or anything.

I have replaced the torque mount with the eFocus part, everything torqued to spec and seemingly still good(I'll recheck the torque tomorrow). The shifting is greatly improved with this mount, no real harshness, nothing really moves even under WOT(in the forward gears, I'm not planning on testing it in reverse). So it's odd that I've got this little, pop when engaging and disengaging the clutch in reverse.

The upper passenger side mount has already been replaced, but not the driver's side. I have no idea of it's condition, I think I'd have to get the car up on ramps/stands to really see that, no?

So other than checking the DS engine mount and inspecting the torque mount, is there anything else anyone can think of to check?

See less See more
#3 ·
The engine shifts a bit when I press the clutch back in, while in reverse. So it's definitely that the whole engine is shifting. The eFocus mount still looks good. It makes me wonder if it's the driver's mount that's failing. That is also transmission side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.