Parking light
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Parking light

Parking light

I drive a 2012 Volvo S60 t5 And on the left side of the car the LED parking light/daytime running light I assume is not working so only one of them works which is the right side is there a way I can replace this I know it’s an assembly and not a bulb I just really want to buy the part and know how to replace it myself?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Quingod12 View Post
      I drive a 2012 Volvo S60 t5 And on the left side of the car the LED parking light/daytime running light I assume is not working so only one of them works which is the right side is there a way I can replace this I know it’s an assembly and not a bulb I just really want to buy the part and know how to replace it myself?
      Here is the link to the lamps.

https://www.carparts.com/parking-light/volvo/s60

I don't believe there is any way to get these out without dropping the bumper, or at the minimum taking out the grill and possibly the top bumper lining in the engine bay. I have not done this myself so I cannot confirm that but I know this has come up several times on the forum in past threads.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

OP: Are you referring to the front or back? I'm assuming back since you mention LED.
      p.rico: You seem to be referring to the front. I'm not sure why it would involve anything more than pulling the two tabs that hold the headlight assembly, unplugging the power cable and pulling out the whole thing.
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      OP: Are you referring to the front or back? I'm assuming back since you mention LED.
      p.rico: You seem to be referring to the front. I'm not sure why it would involve anything more than pulling the two tabs that hold the headlight assembly, unplugging the power cable and pulling out the whole thing.
      I assumed he was speaking about the running lamp in the bumper and not something in the headlamp assembly. I guess OP will have to chime in on which specific one he means.

If it is the running lamp in the bumper, then yes, it is not removable easily.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/#/topics/595853?page=1
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Oh yeah, the vertical fangs. Completely slipped my mind. Those might be a pain to get to. You are right.
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Yeah I meant the front led light in the bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Quingod12 View Post
      Yeah I meant the front led light in the bumper
      After replacing that light assembly, you will need to reset the fault code in the CEM or it will not illuminate until you do.
      I've replaced a couple of these. I remove the headlight on the side to be replaced and a few bumper cover clips and move things until its out. You may be better off removing the bumper cover in its entirety if you are not comfortable squeezing that lamp assembly out.
      2011 S60 T6 Ember Black/Off Black, P* Tune, TDI-Tuning Box, DO88 Intercooler, IPD DP, Simons Sport Exhaust, IPD rear sway bar, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's, 19" Polestar Wheels, 90mm Wheel Studs

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements