Strut Bar Brace
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Strut Bar Brace

Strut Bar Brace

I'm on the mull of purchasing a strut bar brace, not too many options under $200(which is around my budget, not wanting to purchase the $270 off of Viva) so i'm just wanting to confirm fitment. I've found two options

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...-stay-31323214

https://www.aleksracing.com/strut-ba...-2010-tw2-1913

The first one is just your basic strut brace whereas the second one is listed as a Ultra Racing brace but advertised as a V60 and nothing listed under their S60 section. Will the 2nd link still fit the S60 Chassis? Specifically 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
      2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD/Elevate Air Intake/Snaab Turbo Intake/Muffler Delete/Rear Window Spoiler/OEM Rear Trunk Spoiler/RDesign Strut Brace/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrq...Xq2GvilC4BiKQ?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

try OMPUSA.com. OMP makes strut bars for 1000's of cars. also try Demon-Tweeks in the UK, they have an extensive listing. Years ago I bought a front strut bar for my 850 from them.
      1994 850 wagon 5spd N/A
      2007 V50 T5 AWD 6spd

Heads up on the strut brace. You can find theses both aftermarket and OEM on ebay as well. Note, for the OEM brace, you will need to cut the plastic grating over the strut tower in order to make it fit unless you are willing to replace the cowl and cowl covers with the r-design version. Take a look through the archives on this. There are dozens of pages on this topic from 2012-2014 time frame when people started modding this model and adding struct braces, rear valances exhaust etc..
      1998 Volvo C70 - Mystic Silver/Charcoal, Stage III
      2007 Volvo S60r - Electric Silver/Nordkap - SOLD, and Missed.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Caspian Blue/Off-black

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I had looked through a few of the threads. And yeah i was prepared to just cut some of the honeycomb off of my current set up. Looking on ebay i'm not seeing many options. At least not specified towards the s60. I'll just keep browsing though! Also nothing i'm finding at OMP or Demon-Tweeks. However i did leave them a "inquiry message" asking about it so we'll see!
      2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD/Elevate Air Intake/Snaab Turbo Intake/Muffler Delete/Rear Window Spoiler/OEM Rear Trunk Spoiler/RDesign Strut Brace/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrq...Xq2GvilC4BiKQ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
      try OMPUSA.com. OMP makes strut bars for 1000's of cars. also try Demon-Tweeks in the UK, they have an extensive listing. Years ago I bought a front strut bar for my 850 from them.
      I contacted OMP for my XC60. I will see what they say when they back to me.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements