2013 Volvo S60 oil leak
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2013 Volvo S60 oil leak

My 2013 s60 is leaking oil in the middle front between the wheels (at least thatís where the small puddle was) I check the oil level abs itís fine and I looked up and some people were saying it would be the turbo oil return line seals do you think thatís what it is? Any input is helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's probably leaking from a seal of some sort. Maybe pop the hood and take a look?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

Quote Originally Posted by emgrock1 View Post
      It's probably leaking from a seal of some sort. Maybe pop the hood and take a look?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Itís dark I will tomorrow is there any common places I should check first? Iím going to clean the oil off from underneath and then I can more easily tell where itís coming from

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The fastest way to see where is coming from would be to remove the pan under the engine and try to trace the oil back to where it's coming from.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      2015.5 V60 T5 Drive-E FWD - Ember Black, Beechwood Sport Interior, Premier Plus, Technology, Convenience, BLIS
      INSTALLED: Ebay center console organizer, 235/40/R18 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S, StopTech Street brake pads, 300MM Centric fully coated rotors, TDI tuning box, PowerFlex "Race" Torque Bushing, Fumoto oil drain valve, Liqui Moly 0w-20 oil, Heico SportIV suspension, IPD end links
      FUTURE: IPD Sway Bar

Formally Owned:
      1999 Saturn SL2 - Red
      2002 Volvo S60 2.4T FWD - Beige
      (Totalled, not by me) 2004 Volvo S60 T5 FWD - Red: HD Bilstein suspension, 16" BBS SR wheels, Elevate cat-back exhaust, Alpine speakers, IPD rear sway bar, IPD torque mount, poly subframe bushings, all LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by thebobwiley View Post
      The fastest way to see where is coming from would be to remove the pan under the engine and try to trace the oil back to where it's coming from.

Ok thanks should I clean the oil off then I can more easily see where is coming from beside having everything covered in oil

It depends how long it has been leaking. If it has just started don't clean it, you should be able to see where it is wet and hopefully visually follow it back to wherever the leak is.
      If it has been leaking for a while trying cleaning it all up, wait until you see it dropping or from underneath again and immediately get under the car and try to follow it back to the source.

2015.5 V60 T5 Drive-E FWD - Ember Black, Beechwood Sport Interior, Premier Plus, Technology, Convenience, BLIS
      INSTALLED: Ebay center console organizer, 235/40/R18 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S, StopTech Street brake pads, 300MM Centric fully coated rotors, TDI tuning box, PowerFlex "Race" Torque Bushing, Fumoto oil drain valve, Liqui Moly 0w-20 oil, Heico SportIV suspension, IPD end links
      FUTURE: IPD Sway Bar

Formally Owned:
      1999 Saturn SL2 - Red
      2002 Volvo S60 2.4T FWD - Beige
      (Totalled, not by me) 2004 Volvo S60 T5 FWD - Red: HD Bilstein suspension, 16" BBS SR wheels, Elevate cat-back exhaust, Alpine speakers, IPD rear sway bar, IPD torque mount, poly subframe bushings, all LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by thebobwiley View Post
      It depends how long it has been leaking. If it has just started don't clean it, you should be able to see where it is wet and hopefully visually follow it back to wherever the leak is.
      If it has been leaking for a while trying cleaning it all up, wait until you see it dropping or from underneath again and immediately get under the car and try to follow it back to the source.

Ok thanks

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements