SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Need assistance with vibration XC60 T6 2014

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  MacV50 
#1 ·
Volvoians,

I need some assistance please.

Issue: I start the car and let her warm up a little while I listen to radio. She warms up a little under 1K rpm.
Put her in reverse and give her just the slightest amount of gas. I stop and put in drive and that is when I give her a little gas (apartment garage) and I feel a small vibration but hear nothing in noise (radio off, AC off, windows down) no noise but a vibration.

Tried remedies: Took to dealership as still under CPO warranty and had them keep the car 4 separate times. They replaced 2 motor mounts thinking that will solve the issue and it has not.

Any suggestions to tell the dealership what to look for. My warranty expires in April and want this fixed prior to that so it's not $$$ out of my pocket.

One suggestions was the U-joint? Prop shaft?

Any help to convince the dealership to replace items is most helpful.

Thanks,
Volvonoobi

See less See more
#2 ·
How many miles does the car have? where do you feel the vibration? on the steering wheel? on your seat? is the car hesitating? what speed do you feel it. I would request (at the dealer) that a master tech, troubleshoot the issue. if they don't, go another dealer, and request they use their master tech. what state are you in?

#3 ·
Curiuos if it is like mine..

Go to a parking lot. Start a slow speed turn with very light throttle, Tighten the turn until you hear it. I have a rear vibration since new with them putting the shims and software updates. Reduced it but not gone.

My car is long out of warranty now and I regret not pushing harder.

In mine, it is coming from the rear for sure. I suspect it is the prop shaft to the rear or the rear AOC itself.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

#4 ·
@ RYJS60 How many miles does the car have? 62K miles in the car. Where do you feel the vibration? I feel the vibration in the seat and hear it in the rear end. No hesitation whatsoever. I am in Houston, TX.

@ MacV50 I drive up and down a parking garage and yes that is the exactly it. I reverse and have to turn a bit not to hit the car behind and barely going anywhere. If I guessed maybe 1-2 mph. Then I have to turn. Then drive forward and it continues to do so for about 2-5 minutes.

I have left the car 4 separate times at the dealership and do not know what to do next. This is the same dealership that did not believe that my turning indicator didn't work, as I had to film it first for them to believe me.
I have to agree with " rear for sure. I suspect it is the prop shaft to the rear or the rear AOC itself."

Any other thoughts my volvo friends?
Thanks,

Volvonoobi

#11 ·
I have called Volvo twice now and made a report on it. I have set up an appointment to leave the car on this coming Monday 3/29 and to not drive the car till I am there. They have a ramp I can drive up and down and that is where I feel the problem is on a ramp. That is where the vibration is the strongest.

#7 ·
Hey. I have noticed a slight vibration with my 2010 XC60 T6. The only time I notice it, is if I rev the car between 1100/1150 rpm, and then let it all naturally. It seems that there is a minor but very noticeable vibration between the 1000-700 range. This vibration can't be replicated or noticed in any other rpm or speed range.

#8 ·
So just an update for all here who have been replying to my thread. I have sort of found the issue according to dealer: they found a leak on a transmission seal that happens to be covered under my warranty. They stated it is a bad seal on my angle gear to the transmission and that this although not positive might be the issue for the vibration. They also found small chunks from my tires missing that may also be the issue. They are going to replace the seal and have topped off the fluid. They said small leak but who knows what a small leak means.
I will let you know what happens next in the saga... stay tuned.

#9 ·
It sounds like Volvo's ABS self-test. It only happens at startup and is normal. You will feel a slight vibration in the gas pedal when the car begins to move. Do a search in this forum and you will see a lot of posts about this. See if their symptoms are the same as yours, but I would suspect this is what it is.

#10 ·
So just an update. They found that the angle gear seal to transmission was leaking transmission fluid. Just a slight leak and they have replaced it under warranty. They also replaced a couple of other seals. This issue has gone away. Thanks to all who have weighed in and helped me out during this issue. If I can help let me know.

#12 ·
All right people who have been helping me with this vibration. We have found out the issue.... wait for it. It was a software glitch in the DME that was locking up my rear end. Software issue was the cause and I cannot believe it comes down to software. They are fixing it under my warranty and now I am going to email volvo and see if they can extend the warranty as I do not know if this caused my rear end to eventually have an issue. That is what I am going to write up tomorrow. Once I get all the information from the paperwork.

#13 ·
I thought that there was recall in place for selected 2013-2015 P3 models for the rear differential. There was a software glitch that was cause the rear to eat itself up, which would result in glittery rear diff fluid, and a rebuild would be required to solve the issue. Volvo noticed starting noticing the same issues with certain P3 cars and then issues a recall.

#17 ·
I wish I pushed harder because mine has done this since new. It has gotten worse over time and now I am stuck with it. It does it mostly at low speed. Funny, I also had tires that had chunks missing from them as well.

My car is a 2015 with 140K kms on it now.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.