what the hell?!l...where's the competitive vibe in this forum?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

...let's put down the Grey Poupon and let's discuss...especially us WAGON folk...

yeah, yeah...i get that there's more SUV folks in Volvos...by the numbers..but aren't we more of a fun bunch than than the XC crowd?!...

where's the passion?

hell - i'm under 60 yrs old (by a year!), and had to sign "the waiver" to drive a volvo when i'm still playing Van Halen I? ( i do have a BMW M3 coupe v8 to offset my failings?!)

live, drive...and.....................pass every XC you can!

R

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      ...let's put down the Grey Poupon and let's discuss...especially us WAGON folk...

yeah, yeah...i get that there's more SUV folks in Volvos...by the numbers..but aren't we more of a fun bunch than than the XC crowd?!...

where's the passion?

hell - i'm under 60 yrs old (by a year!), and had to sign "the waiver" to drive a volvo when i'm still playing Van Halen I? ( i do have a BMW M3 coupe v8 to offset my failings?!)

R
      Have you been drinking?!!! LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2014 BMW 335i M-Sport/6MT
      2014 Volvo XC60 R-Design
      2018 Audi S4
      2020 Volvo S90 R-Design/Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by AudiA4 View Post
      Have you been drinking?!!! LOL.
      A better question; what are you drinking?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2005_V70R View Post
      A better question; what are you drinking?
      ...and can I have some of that too!?!?
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

where's the passion?

R
      Digging the challenge thrown down . Always passing the XCs along the SoCal freeways and 95% of those drives don’t even recognize that it’s a Volvo wagon .

The bursting blue might be flashy but it does look sexy for the long toof

2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

Junior Member Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks's Avatar
      There’s a bit of this when it comes to platforms, but Volvo enthusiasm is already such a niche thing we tend to be a big (err, medium sized) tent.
      2015.5 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum AWD - Savile Gray Metallic / Off Black In Anthracite - 118,XXX (our first)
      - Titania Diamond Cut and Black Stone - Vredestein Quadrac 5 235/45/18
      - R Design Strut Brace, VST 5mm Spacers (F), H&R 15mm Spacers (R)
      - Volvo Load Bars, Volvo Sport Pedals, Volvo Seat Guard & Child Mirror, IPD Skidplate
      Parts Cannon: Volvo Fortuna Wheels, P* Winter Wheels, Koni Sport Struts and Shocks, Volvo 328mm Calipers (F), Volvo 302mm Calipers for Vented Rotors (R), Ultra Racing Lower Rear Brace & Crossmember
      2012 Volvo C70 T5 Premier Plus Inscription - Sapphire Black Metallic / Off Black - 112,XXX (parents)
      - Midir Diamond Cut and Glossy Black - Nokian zLine 235/40/18
      2010 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD - Caspian Blue Metallic / Off Black - 130,XXX (mom)
      - Merac Silver Bright - Pirelli Cinturato Strada 235/55/18
      2005 Volvo V70 2.5T - Ruby Red Metallic / Graphite - 230,XXX (dad)
      - Mimis Silver Bright - Michelin Defender 205/55/16
      - Koni Sport Struts & Shocks
      1998 S90 Sedan - Aqua Blue Metallic / Beige(?) - 240,XXX (brother)
      - Mercurius Silver (?) - Michelin Defender 205/55/16

When I first expressed an interest in buying the V90, and lady friend whose family owns two Volvos, said "you know, it a cult".....

Quote Originally Posted by VLD1 View Post
      When I first expressed an interest in buying the V90, and lady friend whose family owns two Volvos, said "you know, it a cult".....
      Definitely a cult...lol...
      Attached Images Attached Images

Just not that many of us these days, most of the Volvos sold in US are XCs.

That said, if you ever see a silver V90 R design cruising at +85mph on the northeast highways with a titanium road bike strapped to the top, that would be me.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 Single Turbo / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline
      07 BMW R1200S: Akrapovic / Ohlins / Quickshifter
      19 Volvo V90 T6: R-Design / Bowers & Wilkins / Polestar Optimization

XC60s from the back (and the distance) look like a weird V90 CC, then ad I approach them and pass them I realized they were y an XC60, it items to me all the time!

The good news is that there are three of us, V90s, within 2 blocks where I live. Black, Osmium gray and my Brown.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk
      2017 V90 CC T6- Luxury pkg with full color paint Maple Brown with blond interior, convenience pkg, B&W, HUD, four-C. Racechip GTS.

Well rejoice in the fact that our wagons are almost rarer than a Ferrari...
      Nicer IMO and better to drive. LOL
      2018 V90 T6 Cross Country AWD | Crystal White Pearl / Amber, Full Napa Leather | 20" wheels | Convenience Package | Luxury Package | Bowers & Wilkins | Gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarV90 View Post
      Well rejoice in the fact that our wagons are almost rarer than a Ferrari...
      Nicer IMO and better to drive. LOL
      Correction. I live in NJ and my 2020 V90 Inscription T6 IS rarer than a Ferrari! I recently had a clear wrap put on my car (front grill and lower side panels ... will have the front hood done soon). While there, the guy was working on several Porsche 911 GT3's and one Ferrari. When I brought in my car, he said that this is the first he'd seen in person. I told him to be very careful with my car since is WAS rarer than the Ferrari he was working on. According to Volvo, Volvo USA V90 car sales, through Sept 2020, were 209 vehicles (https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/e.../sales-volumes). My guess is that less than half are Inscriptions. Even at 100 Inscriptions as an estimate, that averages out to only 2 per state. I travel along the east coast, between Virginia and Massachusetts. I've run across a few V90 Inscriptions in Va, but not anywhere else. While Ferrari only produces about 7000 vehicles per year, in NJ, there isn't a week that goes by that I don't see at least one Ferrari driving by. I can name a few nearby towns (and my own) where each has several Ferrari owners. I like the idea that my V90 is rare, but the best part of owning it is the comfort it provides during my long-distance drives (between 4-to-5 hours). The car has plenty of power, can quietly cruise all day at 75 mph or more and, once you arrive after a long travel, I don't feel fatigued or sore.
      Last edited by maggs; 10-02-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pocholin View Post
      XC60s from the back (and the distance) look like a weird V90 CC
      My neighbourhood in Toronto is full of Volvo XC's. In fact, my next door neighbour has an XC60 in white that my kids, as well as our dog, consistently mistake for my car when they see it. I keep telling my girls that my car is SO much better looking. Our dog runs to the back entrance whenever he see's my neighbour's car coming down the street (our garage is in the back). It's disappointing as he never get's my daughter's car wrong (a Subaru Impreza - also white)!

I rarely see another Volvo V90CC and V90's are even scarcer. Since Volvo Canada no longer imports them - they'll become even rarer.

I live in Maine and have seen three S90 in the last six months. Very rare car up here, I do see mostly CC90 and never a V90. As far as performance goes there isn't much, check out Viva Performance and Heico. I have a rear sway bar, 18" TSW with 275/40 Firestone Indy500. A dual split exhaust tips, and trunk spider round it all out. I like the car, it is fun to drive, not very quick but I have a stomping S63 for that!
      Current garage ....2017 S90 Inscription tint, split tailpipes, KC Design rear sway, 2018 Mercedes S63 Renntech tune 673 h.p., 2012 Sprinter van, 2002 Boxster S. I am a car nut from WAAAAY back! Previously 2014 A8 SWB 4.0, Golf R, 2013 E550, 2012 S550, 2010 E350 wagon, 2008 Audi S8. 39 Buick, 33 Nash coupe, 66 Comet, 67 Fairlane and many more.

I live in Massachusetts.

Volvo's are everywhere here, though in later years people have been buying more XC's than real Volvo's sadly.

But it's not a competition.

It's a reasonable "Lagom" pragmatic means of transportation

Quote Originally Posted by Sumfuncomet View Post
      I live in Maine and have seen three S90 in the last six months. Very rare car up here, I do see mostly CC90 and never a V90. As far as performance goes there isn't much, check out Viva Performance and Heico. I have a rear sway bar, 18" TSW with 275/40 Firestone Indy500. A dual split exhaust tips, and trunk spider round it all out. I like the car, it is fun to drive, not very quick but I have a stomping S63 for that!
      It should say trunk spoiler!!!!! Not spider. It is the factory one which comes color matched, easy install, really looks nice.
      Current garage ....2017 S90 Inscription tint, split tailpipes, KC Design rear sway, 2018 Mercedes S63 Renntech tune 673 h.p., 2012 Sprinter van, 2002 Boxster S. I am a car nut from WAAAAY back! Previously 2014 A8 SWB 4.0, Golf R, 2013 E550, 2012 S550, 2010 E350 wagon, 2008 Audi S8. 39 Buick, 33 Nash coupe, 66 Comet, 67 Fairlane and many more.

where's the passion?

R
      So....are you inviting rhetoric/debate/argument on V vs XC (Volvo wagon vs Volvo SUV) or Volvo wagon vs other (Audi, BMW, MB, that brand popular with the Birkenstock crowd) wagons?

Quote Originally Posted by maggs View Post
      These numbers fascinate me. V90 CC sales plummeted from 2,000 to 1,000 from 2018 to 2019 while non-CC V90s held constant at around 500. V90 CC looks to hold relatively constant this year to last year, but non-CC sales will be substantially lower. Interestingly, V60 (CC and non-CC) sales are nearly four times those of V90's. Curious to see how this drives Volvo's decision to continue to offer various versions of the V in US. BMW 5 wagon is no longer available. Audi brought the A6 back, but only in Allroad (CC) version, not Avant. I still can't figure out whether these volumes are being driven by availability or demand. I'm just glad a V90 Inscription spec'd identically to my preference was on a dealer's lot.
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

In the 22 months that I have owned my V90, I have only seen three others on the road. My local dealer has 10 on the lot that seemingly have not moved for a long, long time.
      Last edited by rdr854; 10-04-2020 at 07:15 AM.
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

I may well have the only Passion Red V90 in Canada if @CedarMtn is correct. I've never seen another, though I have seen a couple others. Oddly, in my part of the Toronto area there's a white V90CC that must live very nearby. Twice in the last week, we've been at the same stoplight in the morning. (I have no idea how to tell if it's an OR.) Funny, we shared a knowing wave, reminiscent of when I drove a Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of the decade and regularly did the 'Jeep hand raise'.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyR View Post
      ...when I drove a Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of the decade and regularly did the 'Jeep hand raise'.

Interesting.

I thought Jeep Wranglers would be a dime in a dozen everywhere in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlach View Post
      Interesting.

I thought Jeep Wranglers would be a dime in a dozen everywhere in North America.
      Not the rarity I supposed, but more the 'hey, we're members of the same club". Definitely lots of them around...

Not the rarity I supposed, but more the 'hey, we're members of the same club". Definitely lots of them around...
      Ah, ok. I see what you mean.

In my experience "the wave" has always been a thing in communities that cars that are on the rare side.

I may well have the only Passion Red V90 in Canada if @CedarMtn is correct. I've never seen another, though I have seen a couple others. Oddly, in my part of the Toronto area there's a white V90CC that must live very nearby. Twice in the last week, we've been at the same stoplight in the morning. (I have no idea how to tell if it's an OR.) Funny, we shared a knowing wave, reminiscent of when I drove a Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of the decade and regularly did the 'Jeep hand raise'.
      Easiest way to determine if it's an Ocean Race is the cladding. It's light gray, front, side and back.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD1 View Post
      Easiest way to determine if it's an Ocean Race is the cladding. It's light gray, front, side and back.
      Then I do believe it's an OR. I'll have to take a better look next time I see it, and perhaps get a chance to chat with the driver. Very nice looking CC!

It is fun to have a car that very few others have.

I was at a work event where there was 12 of us and there were more Volvos than there were Subarus. In the Pacific NW that is really an unusual thing, not that there were more Volvos, but there were more of any one single brand than Subarus in any parking lot.

My V90 OR has a twin in a city about 1 hr away from me, but these are the only two 2019s in the Portland Area that I am aware of, its awesome having such a rare bird.

Just a few weeks ago I was shocked when I parked next to a V90CC (I know, I know... us CC folk are common plebs). Had a quick chat with the owner and we both expressed our disappointment in not being able to get the non CC models off the lot.

IMG_3070.jpg

2020 V60CC
      2014 XC60 T6 Sport Pkg
      (RIP) 2008 C30 v1 Manual

hell - i'm under 60 yrs old (by a year!), and had to sign "the waiver" to drive a volvo when i'm still playing Van Halen I?
      RIP EVH :-(

2017 V90CC Inscription T6, Osmium Grey

You could be worse off, like me! I drive a C30 and no one seems to ever post anything concerning C30's!

My wife drives a V70 though.

Quote Originally Posted by pocholin View Post
      XC60s from the back (and the distance) look like a weird V90 CC, then ad I approach them and pass them I realized they were y an XC60, it items to me all the time!

The good news is that there are three of us, V90s, within 2 blocks where I live. Black, Osmium gray and my Brown.

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk
      @ Pocholin - I don't see many of them around Chicago, but there do seem to be clusters. We are in Evanston and our neighbor across the alley has the same white one as we do! Plus another black one I've seen street parked a block over.

Quote Originally Posted by RexBanner View Post
      RIP EVH :-(
      .....sigh.....just ripped VanHalen 1 to flac in remembrance...B&W and VH1...surreal...

Folks love my bursting blue 2019 V90R Polestar - I get compliments almost every day - and never seen another one - except for an honest Polestar V60 about ten miles from home. I drive all around the DC area - seen one Inscription

I went to a dealer last year to test fit a V90, and talk about OSD. Ever since 2001, I have been unable to drive a Volvo sedan or wagon. The rearview mirror blocks the entire right side of the windshield, made worse with sensors and black shading. Not a problem with the XC models, as the windshields are not as 'raked'.

I was a bit disappointed with the rear storage area and the rear door. My 850T has more room in the rear. I guess I will have to keep my 1995 for a few more years!

Quote Originally Posted by klausc View Post
      I went to a dealer last year to test fit a V90, and talk about OSD. Ever since 2001, I have been unable to drive a Volvo sedan or wagon. The rearview mirror blocks the entire right side of the windshield, made worse with sensors and black shading. Not a problem with the XC models, as the windshields are not as 'raked'.

I was a bit disappointed with the rear storage area and the rear door. My 850T has more room in the rear. I guess I will have to keep my 1995 for a few more years!
      Are you very tall or like to have you seat adjusted very high up? That might be your problem.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 Single Turbo / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline
      07 BMW R1200S: Akrapovic / Ohlins / Quickshifter
      19 Volvo V90 T6: R-Design / Bowers & Wilkins / Polestar Optimization

where's the passion?

R
      Well... my wife gave it a shot for two years, but she’s just not that into wagons. I thought the V90CC would be tall enough for her but not quite; according to her, the low roof and small windows makes her feel strangely claustrophobic in a very large car. She also doesn’t like the large CC mirrors taking up so much of the view out the side windows. So we traded my V90 RD (we cleared more for it) and bought her a new Benz SUV. We thought about getting back into an XC60, the new model (we had a ‘15.5 previously), but after driving her mother’s ‘19 T6 Inscrpt around a bit then comparing to the Benz (GLC 43), the Benz won it on solidity, infotainment and performance. OK, I had something to do with opting for the 385 hp turbo V6 with sport exhaust version.😉. I won’t get into it here about how awesome that thing is to drive.

Hey, I still have the beautiful ‘18 V90 CC OR as my DD, which is fine by me. I think it’s one of the best all around automobiles money can buy and probably the perfect long distance, practically go anywhere, touring car for small families. It is a Cross Country after all. As for passing the wife’s GLC, well....

Btw, funny you should mention it, my favorite band in high school was Van Halen. I still listen to them quite often.
      RIP Eddie, you were an amazing artist and showman!
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '20 GLC 43 AMG
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat
      '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat | ’07 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by maggs View Post
      Correction. I live in NJ and my 2020 V90 Inscription T6 IS rarer than a Ferrari! I recently had a clear wrap put on my car (front grill and lower side panels ... will have the front hood done soon). While there, the guy was working on several Porsche 911 GT3's and one Ferrari. When I brought in my car, he said that this is the first he'd seen in person. I told him to be very careful with my car since is WAS rarer than the Ferrari he was working on. According to Volvo, Volvo USA V90 car sales, through Sept 2020, were 209 vehicles (https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/e.../sales-volumes). My guess is that less than half are Inscriptions. Even at 100 Inscriptions as an estimate, that averages out to only 2 per state. I travel along the east coast, between Virginia and Massachusetts. I've run across a few V90 Inscriptions in Va, but not anywhere else. While Ferrari only produces about 7000 vehicles per year, in NJ, there isn't a week that goes by that I don't see at least one Ferrari driving by. I can name a few nearby towns (and my own) where each has several Ferrari owners. I like the idea that my V90 is rare, but the best part of owning it is the comfort it provides during my long-distance drives (between 4-to-5 hours). The car has plenty of power, can quietly cruise all day at 75 mph or more and, once you arrive after a long travel, I don't feel fatigued or sore.
      The times I took my V90’s to the local cars and coffee, it did get as much attention as the Ferrari’s and certainly more than the many Porsche’s, Vette’s, AMG’s, Bimmers - this is a very large C&C also. More than my sexy AMG convertible. The Lambo’s and McLaren’s do tend to get as much attention as the Volvo there though. 😉

7632F040-4CB8-4950-883E-822469221580.jpg
      Last edited by Bmo Pete; 10-07-2020 at 11:52 PM.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '20 GLC 43 AMG
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat
      '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat | ’07 S40 T5

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast