2.0t automatic doesnt creep forward when release brake
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2.0t automatic doesnt creep forward when release brake

hi
      my 2004 volvo s60 2.0t automatic doesnt creep forward when i release the brake pedal,i have to accelerate for it to move but there is no other issues.
      i havent had the car for long the handbrake doesnt work i am wondering if this could be down to the rear brakes binding causing my issue?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If the rear brake pads are in contact with the brake rotor during normal driving, it will cause the wheel to become warm. You can stop the car, and touch the wheel with your hand, to check on the temperature.

Careful not to touch the brake disc itself (ouch). You may also lift the car at a garage and spin the wheels. Front ones are attached to each other even in N (other one will spin in opposite direction) but still should feel at hand if the brakes are binding. Rear ones should keep spinning very freely unless the handbrake shoes have collapsed inside

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Jack up the car without park brake on. See if the wheel can be rotated by hand easily. If jacking up the vehicle one wheel at a time the vehicle will have to be neutral to check the front wheels. Rear brake shoes brake Material offen delaminates and can cause drag. A brake caliper can be sticking on any corner. You should be able to figure this out as to which wheel and go from there. Glück

Quote Originally Posted by J5T View Post
      Jack up the car without park brake on. See if the wheel can be rotated by hand easily. If jacking up the vehicle one wheel at a time the vehicle will have to be neutral to check the front wheels. Rear brake shoes brake Material offen delaminates and can cause drag. A brake caliper can be sticking on any corner. You should be able to figure this out as to which wheel and go from there. Glück
      thanks guys could anyone help with this?

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...n-idle-in-gear

i am getting worried

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements