SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

New (to me) owner 2015.5 S60 T6 AWD!

5K views 47 replies 14 participants last post by  Lucahemi 
#1 ·
Super stoked on joining the Volvo family! I just picked up this 2015.5 S60 T6 AWD with (I believe) the sport chassis package and only 50k miles. Obviously it has the R Design strut bar, does anyone know specifically what else the Sport Chassis package comes with?

Car pulls really well and handles great. I just moved to Edmonton, Alberta from Phoenix, AZ so will definitely be testing out the AWD!

Planning on entering some autox / track days next summer up here as well.

#2 ·
See if you can pull the history that Engine was rebuild by the dealer or you will get burning oil issue like most 2015.5 models . I would check with the dealer.

#8 · (Edited)
Nice find. I'm not 100% certain the S60 was the same, but the S80 Sport Chassis package came with the Bors, slightly stiffer anti-sway bars, factory lowering springs (<1"), and shocks/struts.

#11 ·
Beautiful car, congrats. I think maybe the springs are a little firmer on the sport chassis this year. Your car is very nicely equipped with the sport seats and Bor wheels!

#12 ·
Super stoked on joining the Volvo family! I just picked up this 2015.5 S60 T6 AWD with (I believe) the sport chassis package and only 50k miles. Obviously it has the R Design strut bar, does anyone know specifically what else the Sport Chassis package comes with?

Car pulls really well and handles great. I just moved to Edmonton, Alberta from Phoenix, AZ so will definitely be testing out the AWD!

Planning on entering some autox / track days next summer up here as well.
Beautiful car, congrats. I think maybe the springs are a little firmer on the sport chassis this year. Your car is very nicely equipped with the sport seats and Bor wheels!
Thanks! I love it, was just trying to nail down exactly what it consists of, whether it's just firmer shocks /springs or the r design suspension, also I don't believe it has the r design brakes

#14 ·
Thanks! I love it, was just trying to nail down exactly what it consists of, whether it's just firmer shocks /springs or the r design suspension, also I don't believe it has the r design brakes
If it doesn't have the 336mm R-Design brakes, you have three Volvo upgrade options plus whatever is available third party:
- 336s which were used on the S80 V8 and most P2 XC90s
- 328s from the P3 XC60
- 370s (?) for the P* which will require at least a small spacer with your Bors.

#13 ·
Nice purchase! I consider cars like yours and mine to be the stealth version of the r-design. With your autox / track days in mind, a stiffer rear anti-sway bar might be a good investment. To complete the almost r-design package, the Polestar tune made my V60 much more fun when it accelerates. My fuel economy around town is not as good as it was but that's down to my driving style. If you get winter tires and wheels for Alberta winters, note the diameter of the tires on the factory 19 inch wheels is larger than the tires on the factory 18 inch wheels so get the appropriate r-design size tires to keep your speedometer accurate.

#18 ·
You have the 336 mm fronts with the appropriate callipers and the vented rear 302s on the 2015.5 R-Design, which is the second best setup for these cars after the monster 3-pistons on the P*s. Upgrade to something like Akebono pads and the only place you would seriously lack the P* versions is on the track. All these cars are limited by their rear brakes although have seen a thread or two about custom upgrades recently.

Another good thing about these brakes is 17” wheels fit over them. I use 225/55-17 (same overall diameter) Michelin Xi3s on black steel wheels and the only thing stopping me in snow is ground clearance.

Don’t believe the US R-Designs came with the P* tune as standard, but you should have a tube certificate in your glove box if yours has it. Otherwise get it, because the tuned 3.0 in-line six is probably the best engine Volvo ever put in a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
You have the 336 mm fronts with the appropriate callipers and the vented rear 302s on the 2015.5 R-Design, which is the second best setup for these cars after the monster 3-pistons on the P*s. Upgrade to something like Akebono pads and the only place you would seriously lack the P* versions is on the track. All these cars are limited by their rear brakes although have seen a thread or two about custom upgrades recently.

Another good thing about these brakes is 17" wheels fit over them. I use 225/55-17 (same overall diameter) Michelin Xi3s on black steel wheels and the only thing stopping me in snow is ground clearance.

Don't believe the US R-Designs came with the P* tune as standard, but you should have a tube certificate in your glove box if yours has it. Otherwise get it, because the tuned 3.0 in-line six is probably the best engine Volvo ever put in a car.

Thanks, you're telling me I already have the R Design brakes on my car being the sport chassis? I did check and my rear brakes are vented. Now I either have to call the dealer and ask them or go get a tape measure to the rotor just to be sure haha

#23 ·
Coming from the single piston 300mm setup, the dual is a nice step above. The trouble is when you change a lot of the components it's hard to tell what is making the difference. Pads, rotor size, fluid etc

Agree with tire first and if I had the 336mm setup, I would probably just leave it.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

#44 ·
Another new mod!

Wheels:
  • HRE FF04
  • Liquid Metal Silver
  • 19x8.5 , +45

Tires:
  • Yokohama Advan Apex V601
  • 280 Treadwear
  • 245/40/19

This combo, even with a wider wheel & tire, with the addition of the Elevate stud kit helped shed a total of 16lbs of rotating mass!! Compared to the stock Volvo Bor wheels with the Pirelli Cinturado tires.

Combo fits great with no rubbing at all, on a stock Sport Suspension (RDesign) car!

Follow along on @MakeVolvosGreatAgain on IG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.