2008 Volvo C30
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: 2008 Volvo C30

2008 Volvo C30

Is there a place that sells non standard thickness cylinder head gasket for the C30? I need a thicker one than stock.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Guam135i View Post
      Is there a place that sells non standard thickness cylinder head gasket for the C30? I need a thicker one than stock.
      Reason for thicker gasket?? There are several companies that offer multi-layer multi-metal gaskets. I can call my shop and see what type/brand they used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxicallymodified View Post
      Reason for thicker gasket?? There are several companies that offer multi-layer multi-metal gaskets. I can call my shop and see what type/brand they used.

My cylinder head is warped as well as the block so my mechanic said if we resurfaced both we are past the allowable limit thus the valves much touch the piston. He said a 20thousands gasket thickness would work. Much cheaper than buying a high mileage engine because shipping to Guam is 1.8K from CA to Guam. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guam135i View Post
      My cylinder head is warped as well as the block so my mechanic said if we resurfaced both we are past the allowable limit thus the valves much touch the piston. He said a 20thousands gasket thickness would work. Much cheaper than buying a high mileage engine because shipping to Guam is 1.8K from CA to Guam. Thanks
      Look into Athena gaskets. With a quick search I found turbozentrum.co.uk But I’m sure there are other resellers. They may have something that will work.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements