Leather dash water damage, covered by warranty?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

I recently purchased a 17 incription model and I noticed that there is some damage on the leather dash where it meets the A pillar. I assume there was a leak at some time. There is still 6 months left on the original warranty before the CPO warranty kicks in. Is this something I can address and have replaced?

I have a picture but I don’t know how to attach it...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I believe that the CPO warranty does not cover trim pieces .. though I don't think that the dash would be regarded as 'trim'. If it was caused by a water leak (how are you going to show that) then it should be covered under the original 4 year warranty.
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription (71k)
      2009 BMW E93 M3 (49k)
      2009 JCW Clubman (88k)
      SOLD: 2007 S80 3.2 (86k)
      SOLD: 2008 XC90 V8 Executive (91k)(still going strong at 101k)
      SOLD: 2007 S80 3.2 (80k)

Quote Originally Posted by Theanimala View Post
      I recently purchased a 17 incription model and I noticed that there is some damage on the leather dash where it meets the A pillar. I assume there was a leak at some time. There is still 6 months left on the original warranty before the CPO warranty kicks in. Is this something I can address and have replaced?

I have a picture but I don’t know how to attach it...
      Download tapatalk app on your phone, posting pics is easy.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The Volvo OEM factory warranty "should" cover it. My advice is "do not delay". Once the factory warranty has expired, the VIP extended (and likely CPO) warranty claims are more thoroughly scrutinized, likely requires pre-approval and can [take] longer to process.

FWIW: "Adjustments" must be done generally within 12 months. However, this is not an adjustment since water, by design, should not be inside the cabin but for owner negligence or manufacturer/supplier defect of one type or another.

Hopefully, your dealer and service director will be an advocate for you on the inspection and warranty claim process.
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 10-09-2020 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Added missing verb [take]
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 10 Sept. 2020 | 47K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

There were some problems with dashboards. There's a TJ. I'll have to find it to see what year's had the problems. I've had to replace one under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      The Volvo OEM factory warranty "should" cover it. My advice is "do not delay". Once the factory warranty has expired, the VIP extended (and likely CPO) warranty claims are more thoroughly scrutinized, likely requires pre-approval and can longer to process.

FWIW: "Adjustments" must be done generally within 12 months. However, this is not an adjustment since water, by design, should not be inside the cabin but for owner negligence or manufacturer/supplier defect of one type or another.

Hopefully, your dealer and service director will be an advocate for you on the inspection and warranty claim process.
      Thanks guys. I sent pictures to my sales rep and he showed them to the service director who said it would be covered. They already made an appointment for me with a loaner car as they said it will probably take a few days. Glad to take care of it while under stock warranty!

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements