Polestar exhaust ?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 11 of 11
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2020
      Posts
      23

      Polestar exhaust ?

      Hi all! New member here. You may have seen my other post on the S60 I just bought. A local ad just came up in my area for an s60 T6 Polestar exhaust for $1500 CDN.

      It has the electronic valves, and I was wondering if anyone has installed a polestar exhaust on their non-polestar S60 T6 3.0? Will I need the polestar tune as well? The wiring for the valves seems like an exhaust shop could figure out.

      Wondering if anyone has done this and results!

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      111
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucahemi View Post
      Hi all! New member here. You may have seen my other post on the S60 I just bought. A local ad just came up in my area for an s60 T6 Polestar exhaust for $1500 CDN.

      It has the electronic valves, and I was wondering if anyone has installed a polestar exhaust on their non-polestar S60 T6 3.0? Will I need the polestar tune as well? The wiring for the valves seems like an exhaust shop could figure out.

      Wondering if anyone has done this and results!
      You don’t need a tune for the exhaust to work (it’s just a catback). The valve actuation will not work though in a non Polestar model as the necessary module/wiring is missing to my knowledge. You can however run the exhaust with the valve permanently open or shut.

    4. #3
      Member Veefifty T5AWD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Lakes Region NH
      Posts
      7,148
      Have you considered buying a new Ferrita exhaust system? Pretty sure they made the P* setup and it's just as loud, and should be less (not sure about the exchange and such). Example: https://www.vivaperformance.com/cat-...60-v60-t6-awd/
      Logan

      2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers

      Former:

      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 | 2005 V50 T5 AWD | 1995 Yellow 850 T5-R

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      362
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucahemi View Post
      Hi all! New member here. You may have seen my other post on the S60 I just bought. A local ad just came up in my area for an s60 T6 Polestar exhaust for $1500 CDN.

      It has the electronic valves, and I was wondering if anyone has installed a polestar exhaust on their non-polestar S60 T6 3.0? Will I need the polestar tune as well? The wiring for the valves seems like an exhaust shop could figure out.

      Wondering if anyone has done this and results!
      If youíre from Edmonton and looking on kijiji thatís my old exhaust. I had the valves manually set to open at all times. Wasnít to loud and sounded awesome. For the wiring you need the polestar pig tails and then itís 3 wires from the computer. Wasnít as simple as we thought. So we just left them open.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    7. #5
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2020
      Posts
      23
      I donít see one on kijiji can you share the link?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    8. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      362
      Itís gone now, it sold. My buddy Ed at Volvo of Edmonton was selling it


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2020
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
      Itís gone now, it sold. My buddy Ed at Volvo of Edmonton was selling it


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Haha yeah same one! Small world. He sold it but I guess his buddy who bought it has a mototec sport one for sale now I may be interested in


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      362
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucahemi View Post
      Haha yeah same one! Small world. He sold it but I guess his buddy who bought it has a mototec sport one for sale now I may be interested in


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The mototec one is really tame sounding to the polestar one. Personally Iíd get the polestar one again. In the spring Iím going the custom route and building my own


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    11. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2020
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
      The mototec one is really tame sounding to the polestar one. Personally Iíd get the polestar one again. In the spring Iím going the custom route and building my own


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Itís the mototec sport which is louder than the mototec touring, youíre saying the sport is quiet?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Posts
      362
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucahemi View Post
      Itís the mototec sport which is louder than the mototec touring, youíre saying the sport is quiet?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      For my taste yeah lol


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    13. #11
      If you want a rowdy hassle-free catback exhaust that sounds incredible at that price point, the Elevate catback (formerly KPAX) is arguably the best sounding exhaust available for these cars.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    14. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. Why's S60 Polestar Power more than XC90 T6 Polestar's?
      By Seti in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 02-14-2017, 03:07 PM
    2. Polestar wins Wards 10 Best Engines award for S60 and V60 Polestar
      By GrecianVolvo in forum Polestar Model Forum (2015+ )
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: 12-21-2016, 01:14 PM
    3. V90 Polestar to probably get priority over S90 Polestar
      By P50GT in forum S90 & V90, V90CC (SPA: 2017 - )
      Replies: 121
      Last Post: 02-08-2016, 11:52 AM
    4. Polestar Presents: The S60 Polestar
      By Adrian-C30R in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 02-08-2013, 08:48 PM
    5. Replies: 14
      Last Post: 06-14-2012, 02:07 PM