Adaptive cruise control
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Adaptive cruise control

Hey guys so I’m really curious if there’s a way I can add adaptive cruise control to my 2012 and 16 my front grill has the black radar bar but there is no actual sensor I’m wondering if I can buy a sensor or the thing you need for the electric cruise control and just have it installed?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Have a 2012 S60 T6 RD. When I replaced the radiator, I noticed an empty plug in that position for the front sensor which makes me question if all the wiring is there, maybe even the modules? And it’s just a matter of installing the sensor, wheel buttons and software?

If it's anything like almost any other retrofit to a Volvo, it will look simple, but ultimately be an enormous job.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

i also think it uses a windscreen camera ?
      V60 2015.5 TwinEngine PHEV (UK trim SE LUX NAV)

Quote Originally Posted by simmondsdt View Post
      .... And its just a matter of installing the sensor, wheel buttons and software?
      Yes, this....

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      If it's anything like almost any other retrofit to a Volvo, it will look simple, but ultimately be an enormous job.
      And this
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCooper63 View Post
      i also think it uses a windscreen camera ?
      That may be for lane departure but youre right, vehicles with ACC all have the larger blister with that camera in front of the rear view mirror

I believe the radar sensors for the ACC are located behind the solid black plastic piece in the grill.

Fritz
      2017 V60 CC

Quote Originally Posted by fritzlovesmary View Post
      I believe the radar sensors for the ACC are located behind the solid black plastic piece in the grill.

Fritz
      Yes, that is where the FSM is located (Forward Sensing Module).
      It would be costly if it can be done at all. Much easier to sell current car and buy a car with adaptive cruise. It's a nice feature if you have it (I do).
      There is no upgrade kit I'm aware of so would take a bit of time and effort to experiment. And then programming. Maybe vdash can make a software upgrade after the parts purchase and installation?

We had a late model SPA vehicle in for a heated steering wheel upgrade. Volvo sold the parts kit which consisted of a new steering wheel and steering wheel module (clock spring) only to have software installation rejected every time we attempted to load it. Turned out the vehicles CEM Central Electronic Module did not support a heated steering wheel so the CEM had to be replaced with an upgraded one as well. Once that was done it finally worked but it took weeks, tech hotline, field engineer, and even an Engineer from Volvo in Sweden to figure out why it wasn't working.

Couple grand for hot hands.
      2011 S60 T6 Ember Black/Off Black, P* Tune, TDI-Tuning Box, DO88 Intercooler, IPD DP, Simons Sport Exhaust, IPD rear sway bar, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's, 19" Polestar Wheels, 90mm Wheel Studs

Quote Originally Posted by Oceans60R View Post
      It would be costly if it can be done at all. Much easier to sell current car and buy a car with adaptive cruise. It's a nice feature if you have it (I do).
      Sage advice. Having gone to great - some would say ridiculous - lengths to modify &/or upgrade cars over way too many years, I've come to appreciate OE equipment whenever possible.

Couple grand for hot hands.
      Our 2016 XC70 (platinum) lacks the climate pkg we had on our V60CC. The older we get, the more sensitive we are to cold. Putting your hands on a cold-soaked steering wheel when outside temps are well below freezing, even after the car has been running for a while, ain't necessarily fun. The jury is still out as to whether we'll pursue the upgrade.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

Please *VOTE* WWRBGD

Only reason I'd sell my XC70 would be to get one with the climate package (and probably also less miles).
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by simmondsdt View Post
      Ive been wondering the same thing. Have a 2012 S60 T6 RD. When I replaced the radiator, I noticed an empty plug in that position for the front sensor which makes me question if all the wiring is there, maybe even the modules? And its just a matter of installing the sensor, wheel buttons and software?
      That is probably the connector for the hood latch so it responds with alarm when opened. So your car either has alarm or is prewired or it.
      V60 D5 MY2011 Cosmic White Summum with paddles, TFT DIM and lots of goodies!

Join my V60/S60/XC60 Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/554335975021371

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements