I originally posted this as a reply in the XC90 forum, but I thought it would be of use here as well:
I found a really easy way to create playlists that Sensus will recognize, and play my songs in the order that I want, not just alphabetically, or by Artist or Album. I used a free program called m3u Creator that I found on Download.com. It works a little differently, so it took me a while to understand it. When you download m3u Creator, it just downloads a zip file, which you have to unzip. You will then see a file called “m3u_creator_acp.bat” (without the quotes of course). This is called a batch file. Save the “m3u_creator_acp.bat” file to a place on your computer where you will remember where it is. You will be copying and pasting this file into your music files in order to create your play lists. Here is how to do it:
1. Copy music onto USB drive. I sort my music into folders named for the Album, such as The Beatles – 1, Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon, etc.
2. Open the album folder in windows explorer (so that the songs are displayed).
3. Put songs in the order you want them to be played (you may need to put a number before the song title to select the order).
4. Copy and paste the “m3u_creator_acp.bat” file into the open album folder.
5. Click the “m3u_creator_acp.bat” file that you just pasted into the music folder file in order to open it. It will immediately create a file called “playlist.m3u”, and place it in the folder along with the songs (sometimes the “playlist.m3u” file will not appear until you close the folder and re-open it. When it does show up, it will be at the bottom of the list of songs).
6. Right-click and then Rename the “playlist.m3u” file to the name of the song album (keeping the .m3u file extension). This will be the name that appears when you access the Playlist tab on the USB Library menu on Sensus. You don’t have to bother to delete the “m3u_creator_acp.bat” file from the folder if you don’t want to. It’s a tiny file, and doesn’t take up much space. Sensus won’t care either way.
Do this for all album files on the USB. The songs in each album should now play in the order that you selected as a Playlist. Remember to select Playlist tab from the library menu, instead of Artist, Album, or Genre. If you are doing this for the first time, it may take a couple minutes for Sensus to recognize that you now have Playlist files, and display the Playlist tab next to all the other tabs.