SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Shifter Knob for 2012 S60

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  p.rico 
#1 ·
I replaced mine a few years ago:

Product Gear shift Technology Electronic device

It matched beautifully with the beige interior but now it started showing ugly signs of wear so I want to replace it. It is available in Amazon though for over $100, so I'm not paying that...

I'm not interested in replacing the whole shifter assembly (as suggested in so many threads here) but just the knob.

Anyone here changed theirs in the line of what I have above? There are tons of generic shifters out there but I have no clue which one would actually fit.

See less See more
#3 ·
I replaced the OEM with the Hieco knob very shortly after I bought the car. It did feel and look much nicer than OEM. You had to push down to engage the button action.
Just looked at their website and they no longer list it.
I sold it after I upgraded to the new shifter assembly. It is a well made piece.

#4 ·
I went from the stock shifter knob on my '11 S60 to the newer style Shift knob and leather boot. Pretty simple and no need for a shifter assembly but I do have one to install someday. Only difference is my current shifter flops to Right for manual mode vs Left with new style.

#5 ·
I went from the stock shifter knob on my '11 S60 to the newer style Shift knob and leather boot. Pretty simple and no need for a shifter assembly but I do have one to install someday. Only difference is my current shifter flops to Right for manual mode vs Left with new style.
What do you mean "no need for a shifter assembly"? I don't mind having this setup (I would need to get use the shift to the right) but I thought you need to swap the whole shifter assembly.

#13 ·
The OCD person would focus on the shift pattern on the knob being opposite actual if you just changed the knob, lol.

#15 · (Edited)
Got to install one today - it's from the 2013 model (credit to p.rico) with small modification on my end.

Two things:
- the plate from the old assembly with the orangey lights - it's attached with cables so I just dropped it inside the middle console.
- how do you lock the shifter knob? This one comes right out with little bit of force.

Maybe it's a matter of taste, but I believe the one I had (from the picture above) looked better when it was new. This one looks different and I wanted something new, so I'm happy!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.