My Twilight Bronze with Rugged Luxury Package
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

My Twilight Bronze with Rugged Luxury Package

I bought my MY16 XC90 T6 Momentum CPO about 1.5 years ago now but never saw a thread here for just pics or introductions and thought it a bit brash to start a new thread to gush over my own pics, so I never posted any.

I've since realized that the color + package combo is apparently quite rare - I still haven't seen another single Twilight Bronze on the road nor any XC90 with the "rugged luxury" package that adds the cladding, front/rear bits, etc. Plus, add the 22" Volvo Tech wheels and I think my baby is a bit of a unicorn.

And, I'll add that after a year and a half, I'm just as smitten with her as I was the day I first laid eyes on her.

2016 XC90 T6 Momentum w/Plus, Convenience, Vision, Volvo Exterior Styling Package 3 "Rugged Luxury", Volvo 22" 6-Double Spoke Matte Tech Black wheels

ps recently added the Polestar optimization and couldn't stand not having the blue badge

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've seen the cladding in person and each XC90 that had it was Fugly. But I am really digging this one. I'm happy you're enjoying it for the past 1.5 years. Sincerely hope you enjoy it for years to come!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think it looks great. I have never seen that rugged luxury package before nor have I seen that color. Beautiful vehicle! It seems interesting to me to put 22 inch wheels though on the car intended for a rugged driving. I would think a smaller wheel would be more practical. But it certainly wouldn’t look as cool!

Nora in Florida
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nora in Florida

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I didn’t know there was a second polestar badge available. I do like the blue. But I think my vehicle would look funny with four badges. Also I think there’s too much of a bend in the tailgate for four.

Nora in Florida
      Nora in Florida

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that looks killer and I'm normally not a fan of the cladding

Love that color! And yes, the Volvo body kit option seems very rare. I have never seen another one in person myself.

I also have the same kit but painted in Bursting Blue to match my R-Design.

2018 Volvo XC-90 R-Design package, Bursting Blue Metallic - grocery hauler and daily driver
      2016 Porsche GT4, Sapphire Blue Metallic - weekend and track toy

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner511 View Post
      I've seen the cladding in person and each XC90 that had it was Fugly. But I am really digging this one. I'm happy you're enjoying it for the past 1.5 years. Sincerely hope you enjoy it for years to come!
      And you were right that I'd get some applause here!

Quote Originally Posted by OlRedHair View Post
      I think it looks great. I have never seen that rugged luxury package before nor have I seen that color. Beautiful vehicle! It seems interesting to me to put 22 inch wheels though on the car intended for a rugged driving. I would think a smaller wheel would be more practical. But it certainly wouldn’t look as cool!
      Thanks much! If it had come any different, I don't think I ever would have added the 22s, but I liked them on first sight as part of the whole package. Interestingly, the metallic color of the spokes is ever so slightly "warm" toned, which visually plays great with the overall color scheme, like the rugged package's metal bits (more on that below...)

I didn’t know there was a second polestar badge available. I do like the blue.
      The blue is actually the original Polestar badge; at some point recently when Polestar spun off as it's own brand, they apparently reworked all the Volvo Polestar materials (badges, etc.) to be white with the new Polestar/Engineered text. I wasn't aware of that and was disappointed when I got my P* that there was a white badge on the back for it. Had to have that blue!....

But I think my vehicle would look funny with four badges. Also I think there’s too much of a bend in the tailgate for four.
      Agreed; since mine's a Momentum, it had space for the third badge so I added the blue one. If the white Polestar/Engineered one had already been #3, I would have likely taken it off and replaced it with the blue. 4 badges is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by dnovak33510 View Post
      OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that looks killer and I'm normally not a fan of the cladding
      Thanks much!!

Quote Originally Posted by WunderWagen View Post
      Love that color! And yes, the Volvo body kit option seems very rare. I have never seen another one in person myself.
      I also have the same kit but painted in Bursting Blue to match my R-Design.
      Interesting, I don't think I would have noticed it at first. The metal bits on mine - chin, rear, and plates on the side - all have a bronze'ish accent tone that look great with the twilight bronze paint, I'd hate painting it over. But yours looks fantastic - that blue is stunning!

I’m not sure I understand what metal bits are.

Nora in Florida
      Nora in Florida

I’m not sure I understand what metal bits are.
      Sorry; like on the front lower clip which is mostly plastic, there's a small skid plate that's metal. Also, the lower rear has a plastic frame of sorts, but the inner "panel" surrounding the tailpipes. And the side scuff plates below the doors. All of those are in a sort of platinum/bronze'ish hue and complement the car color. They aren't silver, which is weird because the two metal inserts above the foglamps are also part of the "rugged" package but indeed are silver like the grill's frame. It's like the lower portion of the package is in a color accent but other pieces aren't.

Hope that makes more sense!

Quote Originally Posted by razl View Post
      Sorry; like on the front lower clip which is mostly plastic, there's a small skid plate that's metal. Also, the lower rear has a plastic frame of sorts, but the inner "panel" surrounding the tailpipes. And the side scuff plates below the doors. All of those are in a sort of platinum/bronze'ish hue and complement the car color. They aren't silver, which is weird because the two metal inserts above the foglamps are also part of the "rugged" package but indeed are silver like the grill's frame. It's like the lower portion of the package is in a color accent but other pieces aren't.

Hope that makes more sense!
      Yep, it sure does make sense. It looks so nice!

Nora in Florida
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Nora in Florida

Like the color combo, unique.

And the bursting always looks good

2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

I got the maple brown for my MY 2018 since your color was no longer available.
      2006 XC70 (traded for XC60)
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD (traded for XC90)
      2018 XC90 T6 Momentum + Maple Brown metallic/amber leather, air suspension, (picked up at dealer 6/22/17)
      Added Polestar 10/26/17

Quote Originally Posted by gsb4522 View Post
      I got the maple brown for my MY 2018 since your color was no longer available.
      It was 2019 when I was shopping for mine and I noticed that - my TB had been retired in favor of a new brown. I've seen some pics of the newer color but never in person. You can see in the closeup of my badges that the paint has metallic gold-like flakes in it that I think give it the more bronze than brown color. How does the Maple Brown compare? Care to post some pics?

Besides viewing your car shots, noticed the pavers on the street in your neighborhood and that looks great.

Usually only see blacktop.

2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements