SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Suggestions or comments on selling my '15 V60 R-Design?

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Wayne T5 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm looking to sell my 2015 V60 R-Design and move into a XC40 and I'm looking for suggestions or thoughts on selling since I haven't kept up on the market recently.

41,200 miles
Climate package, blind spot package
A few dings and chips but nothing major.
Volvo roof rack and all the original manuals and Polestar info.

Carmax gave me an offer of $18,500 as it sits with the aftermarket wheels (I have the original ones as well). Any thoughts on whether or not this is a decent offer? Should I take it and run?

See less See more
#3 ·
That's not a bad offer at all, for the simplicity sake I'd be very tempted to trait that deal. I think the only way you'd do better would be a private sale, which you may not want to deal with.

You could likely put the original wheels on and sell the aftermarket ones, as well as the roof bars to end up with closer to $19.5k at the end of it. Carmax would likely prefer it had the original wheels and not care about the roof bars.

#4 ·
That's not a bad offer at all, for the simplicity sake I'd be very tempted to trait that deal. I think the only way you'd do better would be a private sale, which you may not want to deal with.

You could likely put the original wheels on and sell the aftermarket ones, as well as the roof bars to end up with closer to $19.5k at the end of it. Carmax would likely prefer it had the original wheels and not care about the roof bars.
Agreed. I would try a private sale first if you have the patience, but that Carmax offer is not bad. Also, see what a Volvo dealer will offer on trade.

At the minimum, take the aftermarket wheels off and the racks... sell those here or on Craigslist/Facebook.

I tried for private sale with my WRX, but at the end of the day I was getting tired of waiting and took Carmax's money, even though it wasn't as much as private sale.

#5 ·
Personally, with that mileage, I think 20k+ is reasonable. V60 RDs are tough to come by and if it's clean, then you can get more. What color?

#7 ·
Yeah, that number seems a little light at those miles for a '15 car, even lighter for a '15.5 model IMO.

#8 ·
I dunno, on a trade in I think it's about right. I quickly looked on KBB and for a very good condition 2015 the top trade in value is $18.6k and for a 2015.5 it's right under $19k. Dealers are typically at the lower end of the range in my experience, so the OPs offer is right at the upper level.

I'd bet a dealer will likely list the car at $23k and hope to get $21k.

#9 ·
A quick check of cargurus shows six V60 RD's on the market ranging from $23k to $28k. The lowest price car has about twice his miles.

Those online indicators like KBB can be off with so few data points. There's just not a lot of these cars out there.

#10 ·
A quick check of cargurus shows six V60 RD's on the market ranging from $23k to $28k. The lowest price car has about twice his miles.

Those online indicators like KBB can be off with so few data points. There's just not a lot of these cars out there.
Yes, but he's not going to get anywhere near that on a trade-in. If he wants anywhere near that kind of money, he'll need to take the burden on himself for a private sale. Maybe BaT would be a good place to give more exposure to enthusiasts who might be looking for this model.

#16 ·
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I put it on Craigslist and we'll see what happens. Let me know if you're interested!
Post the link here or in the classifieds here, there might be someone looking that is not in your area.

The biggest hassle with selling privately in my experience is the flaky people how contact you once expressing interest and disappear or say they want to come see the car but never do.
So so true. It's annoying enough having to weed out the scammers, then you get those who seem interest but then don't show up to look at the car etc. If you can deal with it though it is worth the effort, the last 3 cars I've sold privately and got more money for all of them than I would have on trade.

#15 · (Edited)
I sold my S60 3 months ago. It had 86K and a bunch of mods such as newer shifter and tft cluster and a bunch more.
Did my research on sites like cars.com and autotrader to see what the going price is for similar cars.
Carmax offered me a ridiculous $3600 or so. I listed on Cragslist and autotrader.com. Neither panned out. Listed on Facebook marketplace and that's where I got my buyer.
The biggest hassle with selling privately in my experience is the flaky people who contact you once expressing interest and disappear or say they want to come see the car but never do.
Only one person came to see and ended up buying. He was a very nice kid to deal with.
So if you don't mind some hassle sell privately. If you have no time or patience then take the Carmax money and call it a deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.