Some Measurements Please
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Some Measurements Please

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone with a V90/V90CC could take two measurements for me? I'm on the fence about if the V90 is going to be big enough for my needs. I was disappointed to see the max cargo space was only 54 cu ft as my XC70 is 70 cu ft. I'm looking for the following two measurements:

1) Length of the cargo area with the 2nd row seats down, from the headrest on the back seats to the rear hatch.
      2) The widest and narrowest measurement from side to side in the cargo area.

Thanks so much if someone could measure that for me.
      2015.5 Volvo XC70 T6 Crystal White on Hazel | Climate Pkg | BLIS | Proximity Pkg | Convenience Pkg | Active Dual Xenons | Front & Rear Park Assist
      2019 BMW R1250RT | LED Fog lamps | Onboard Computer | Heated Grips | Luggage Mounts | TPMS | Heated Seat

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I can tell you that cargo mat from my old XC70 is much smaller than trunk floor in V90, so the floor area is bigger in V90.

Some Measurements Please

Here are some measurements Skywolf graciously provided me:

- Front seat normal position to load strip: 80 in/203.2 cm

- Front seat forward-most position to load strip: 92 in/233.68 cm

- Second row headrest to load strip: 68 in/172.72 cm

- Touchscreen to load strip: 190 in/482.6 cm

- Second row up to load strip: 44 in/111.76 cm

- Second row up to end of roofline: 35.5 in/90.17 cm

- Widest (cargo area): 50 in/127 cm

- Narrowest (cargo area): 44 in/111.76 cm

- Trunk floor to roof (highest point - green dot): 29 in/73.66 cm

- Trunk floor to roof (lowest point - hump): 27.5 in/69.85 cm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by SilverStreak177; 10-17-2020 at 09:22 PM.
      2004 V70 T5M - “Ruby” - Ruby Red Metallic/Lt. Taupe Sport/Sirius wheels/330k mi

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStreak177 View Post
      Here are some measurements Skywolf graciously provided me:

- Front seat normal position to load strip: 80 in/203.2 cm

- Front seat forward-most position to load strip: 92 in/233.68 cm

- Second row headrest to load strip: 68 in/172.72 cm

- Touchscreen to load strip: 190 in/482.6 cm

- Second row up to load strip: 44 in/111.76 cm

- Second row up to end of roofline: 35.5 in/90.17 cm

- Widest (cargo area): 50 in/127 cm

- Narrowest (cargo area): 44 in/111.76 cm

- Trunk floor to roof (highest point): 29 in/73.66 cm

- Trunk floor to roof (lowest point): 27.5 in/69.85 cm

Silverstreak 177, thanks so much for the measurements, much appreciated.

Where in Toronto are you from? I lived in Thornhill for 9 years and went to York U.
      2015.5 Volvo XC70 T6 Crystal White on Hazel | Climate Pkg | BLIS | Proximity Pkg | Convenience Pkg | Active Dual Xenons | Front & Rear Park Assist
      2019 BMW R1250RT | LED Fog lamps | Onboard Computer | Heated Grips | Luggage Mounts | TPMS | Heated Seat

Quote Originally Posted by tomek View Post
      I can tell you that cargo mat from my old XC70 is much smaller than trunk floor in V90, so the floor area is bigger in V90.
      Thanks. I guess I need to get my two Greyhounds into the back of a V90/V90 CC and see if it works.

Some Measurements Please

Quote Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
      Silverstreak 177, thanks so much for the measurements, much appreciated.

Where in Toronto are you from? I lived in Thornhill for 9 years and went to York U.
      No problem - I only compiled the measurements - thank Skywolf for the actual work! Lol.
      I updated my post and also included some of his pictures - check it out.
      I’m from within the actual city limits (not from the suburbs, but don’t wanna pinpoint my location online lol) - UofT here.

No problem - I only compiled the measurements - thank Skywolf for the actual work! Lol.
      I updated my post and also included some of his pictures - check it out.
      I’m from within the actual city limits (not from the suburbs, but don’t wanna pinpoint my location online lol) - UofT here.
      We have ways of finding you...
      2006 XC70 76k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Tacoma 14k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2007 XC70 65k - Black Stone/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2017 Miata RF GT 7k - Grey/Black
      2020 V90CC 1.9K - Osmium Gray/Maroon Brown - "Storm" | 2019 Honda Pilot 49K - Black/Black - "Toaster" - OpenPilot Development Guinea Pig
      Previous: 2013 XC70 | 2005 XC70 | 2005 V70 | 2007 XC70 | 2006 V70R | 1990 740 | 2019 XC90 | 2018 V90CC

Some Measurements Please

Quote Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
      We have ways of finding you...
      Haha yeah but none of my cars show up on Google earth or maps or streetview at my house so I guess I got lucky there lol

Last edited by SilverStreak177; 10-17-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Haha yeah but none of my cars show up on Google earth or maps or streetview at my house so I guess I got lucky there lol

Time is on our side, we'll get you!! LOL

these measurements are great...thanks for posting!

during summer months, i extensively used the entire cargo space; folding down the rear seats...of my v90CC...the 2 piece rubber cargo liner that came with my OR works great...except when you still have crap in the back on the load floor and you need to put up the rear seats...you have to empty the back load floor and then slide the front rubber mat over the rear one to put the seats up...

just this morning, i loaded in (3) 2'x4'x8's...with closed trunk...the boards went thru the middle front seats...from loading strip to the back of front cup holder - Dunkin XL coffee, implied...(just be careful and place something over the rear seat edge and the center armrest...

my only "wishes" would be: a) more loading floor height, b) a place to store the cargo cover - other than the rear floor/hump space behind the seat...

Last edited by hackR; 10-18-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      these measurements are great...thanks for posting!

during summer months, i extensively used the entire cargo space; folding down the rear seats...of my v90CC...the 2 piece rubber cargo liner that came with my OR works great...except when you still have crap in the back on the load floor and you need to put up the rear seats...you have to empty the back load floor and then slide the front rubber mat over the rear one to put the seats up...

just this morning, i loaded in (3) 2'x4'x8's...with closed trunk...the boards went thru the middle front seats...from loading strip to the back of front cup holder - Dunkin XL coffee, implied...(just be careful and place something over the rear seat edge and the center armrest...

my only "wishes" would be: a) more loading floor height, b) a place to store the cargo cover - other than the rear floor/hump space behind the seat...

I've used these in my last four vehicles and swear by them, the protect the cargo floor, the back of the 2nd row seats and the cargo space sides. It is made from canvas and is very durable and washable and fits perfectly. https://www.canvasback.com/catalog/p...-crosscountry/

Quote Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
      I've used these in my last four vehicles and swear by them, the protect the cargo floor, the back of the 2nd row seats and the cargo space sides. It is made from canvas and is very durable and washable and fits perfectly. https://www.canvasback.com/catalog/p...-crosscountry/
      oh, these are nice!...thanks for sharing...how do they wear?...and hold up to water and/or other liquid spills?

Quote Originally Posted by hackR View Post
      oh, these are nice!...thanks for sharing...how do they wear?...and hold up to water and/or other liquid spills?
      I had had one in my BMW X5 for 3 years now and it still looks new. The one in my VW Sportwagen is two years old and it also looks great. I do vacuum them monthly and wipe down any dirt spots. Many years ago when I had a Touareg, we picked up a foster dog which pooped on the liner. When I got home I took it out and hosed it down, let it dry and put it back in the vehicle. It was fine. I've attached a pic or two for you to see the three year old X5 one.

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements