Subscription question. Cross post from general discussions
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Subscription question. Cross post from general discussions

Hi Guys,
      I checked with Volvo about the taxes and licensing and they said they cannot be paid separately and have to be rolled into the single payment, which obviously increases it from the $650 as advertised.
      is there anyway to find out exactly what my total payment would end up being? I'm not sure how they calculate the taxes, is it the typical way for any lease? When I asked a follow up question to Volvo, they ignored it.

And secondly has anyone here subscribed? Any thoughts? I understand the regular lease deal is cheaper, but I really like the thought of no down payment and not having to deal with anyone from a dealership!

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Hungus View Post
      Hi Guys,
      I checked with Volvo about the taxes and licensing and they said they cannot be paid separately and have to be rolled into the single payment, which obviously increases it from the $650 as advertised.
      is there anyway to find out exactly what my total payment would end up being? I'm not sure how they calculate the taxes, is it the typical way for any lease? When I asked a follow up question to Volvo, they ignored it.

And secondly has anyone here subscribed? Any thoughts? I understand the regular lease deal is cheaper, but I really like the thought of no down payment and not having to deal with anyone from a dealership!

Thanks!
      The taxes are calculated the same as a lease in your state. For me, that was sales tax on the monthly payment. You state may be different, but you should be able to find out with a little research. Due to the way the subscription is written, my tag costed more as it was a ‘vehicle for hire’. I liked the subscription and would do another, but it wasn’t available in my state any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by nick05 View Post
      The taxes are calculated the same as a lease in your state. For me, that was sales tax on the monthly payment. You state may be different, but you should be able to find out with a little research. Due to the way the subscription is written, my tag costed more as it was a ‘vehicle for hire’. I liked the subscription and would do another, but it wasn’t available in my state any longer.
      Thanks for the info. Do you remember if they gave you the actual total before sign everything?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thanks for the info. Do you remember if they gave you the actual total before sign everything?
      Yes, they contacted me with the payment details before scheduling delivery. When you pick the vehicle up, the contract is all written up with all the numbers. You review it, it if everything looks good, you sign it. I signed up in one the first few months it was available so parts of the process could have changed. hopefully some of the communications got smoothed out.

In Colorado I paid taxes each month. Moved to Georgia, paid "ad valorem" taxes all out front and no taxes each month.

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

You can now cancel after 4 months if you want to try it out (or switch to a different model).

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements