Can anybody tell what this noise it?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Can anybody tell what this noise is?

https://youtu.be/MURNmdGMG74

Drove the car today to warm the engine up before changing oil and as soon as I stopped the engine I heard loud clicking noise from under the hood. The clicking would periodically stop only to start again and this has been happening on and off for several minutes until I restarted the engine and stopped it again. Never happened before.

Anybody has any idea what this is? It sounded like a malfunctioning solenoid valve, but I could not even tell where exactly it was. The engine was pretty hot so I didn't try to touch anything to see if I can sense any vibration from anywhere. 2018 stock V60 polestar.
      Last edited by captain oblivion; 10-18-2020 at 04:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

time to go to the Dealer
      Own:
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by captain oblivion View Post
      https://youtu.be/MURNmdGMG74

Drove the car today to warm the engine up before changing oil and as soon as I stopped the engine I heard loud clicking noise from under the hood. The clicking would periodically stop only to start again and this has been happening on and off for several minutes until I restarted the engine and stopped it again. Never happened before.

Anybody has any idea what this is? It sounded like a malfunctioning solenoid valve, but I could not even tell where exactly it was. The engine was pretty hot so I didn't try to touch anything to see if I can sense any vibration from anywhere. 2018 stock V60 polestar.
      Hai Captain,is the sound increasing as you Rev?If yes,then is coming from a rotating object,firstly try to check all accessories been driven by the belt,if it’s manual,step on the clutch & see if theirs any difference,thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstroke2 View Post
      Hai Captain,is the sound increasing as you Rev?If yes,then is coming from a rotating object,firstly try to check all accessories been driven by the belt,if it’s manual,step on the clutch & see if theirs any difference,thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thank you @Powerstroke2 for trying to help with diagnostics! The engine was off so the belts were not moving.
      This was the only sound coming from under the hood... maybe also some quiet ~800hz sound like a fuel pump or some electronics... It disappeared once I started the engine and it hasn't happened again since then (although I only drove ~2 times and ~10 miles since Saturday).
      Last edited by captain oblivion; 10-21-2020 at 04:06 AM.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements