Welcome to the Volvo News Blog!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to the Volvo News Blog!

Welcome to Swedespeed.com's Volvo News Blog. We're breaking new ground here, and are going to take a different approach to Volvo news with this forum. Rather than just printing all the news releases we can get our hands on, and bolstering that with our editorial coverage, we wanted to go one step further. To that end, this forum will be used to track Volvo News from around the web, print magazines and anywhere else we find it.

So what will you see in here? We'll summarize news we find elsewhere and link you to it if we find it on the web. So yes, this means we'll be sending you to our competitors too.

What is news? For now, we've come up with this list...

- Road Tests and Reviews by Legitimate News Sources - If a magazine, website or other source review a Volvo or compare a Volvo to other vehicles, we want our readers to be on top of how our favorite brand is performing. You'll find links and or references to that here.

- Rumors by Legitimate News Sources - Rumors are rumors, no matter how legitimate the source or if they're backed up with a slick computer-generated image or a grainy spy photo. We'll list it here, and give our best guess as to accuracy if we have a guess. We've tended to stay away from rumors in the past, only focusing on things we know as fact. In this case, we'll give credit for the rumor where credit is due - the source. That can be good or bad, but it's our intent that our readers be up on the rumors too.

- Cool Feature Cars - There are some great cars out there that we'll never get around to featuring. Enthusiast magazines such as European Car, Eurotuner, VCOA's Rolling and the like are great at finding them, while other websites are good for some once in a while too. If they feature it, it's our intent to let you know and link you there if possible.

- Anything else pertinent to Volvo owners - Consider this the catch-all. If it looks interesting and we haven't run a full news piece on the front page, we'll post it here as well, in the grandest BLOG sense.

For now, Swedespeed will leave this forum closed to the creation of new topics but open to replies. It's our intent to leave the actual topic creation to our staff and our moderators. If you see something you think should be covered, you can either email it to [email protected] or create a thread in the Volvo News forum and draw our attention to it. If we agree that it should be included, we'll be happy to move it into the Blog. Even better, if you prove yourself a real Eagle Eye on finding news, we'd be happy to consider you as a contributor to the Blog and set you up with the ability to post in here.

Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions in response to this topic.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool
      Annoying other members since 4.12.06

Re: (Copeland)

Quote, originally posted by Copeland »
      Cool

Ditto!

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: Welcome to the Volvo News Blog! ([email protected])

Thanks guys. We've been playing with the formula over on Fourtitude for Audi news found here....

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zeroforum?id=764

It seems to work well. We'll be putting the title links on the front page of the site as we have on Fourtitude as well. Expect that in the next few days.

Hmmm..that then explains your comment about posting info about all "Audi" related tests and info on this Volvo blog... ;-)

'15.5 Volvo V60 XC Platinum CPO
      '15 MINI Roadster S
      (Former: 1980 245 DL 4 speed OD; 2005 V50 T5 AWD GT
      OSD June 2005)

Re: Welcome to the Volvo News Blog! (miata13)

damn. I grabbed most of the text from Fourtitude. Looks like I missed two instances of the Audi name. Fixed. Thanks. (Sheepish)

Forum Sponsor universityvolvoOSD's Avatar

George.....

Excellent new forum Tak

Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE
      http://www.universityvolvo.com/volvo...as-program.htm

Re: Welcome to the Volvo News Blog! (universityvolvoOSD)

Thanks, I'm hoping it evolves like the one on Fourtitude has. It's a nice place to check in and catch what's going on... even the weird stuff.

Global Phuz

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »

- Road Tests and Reviews by Legitimate News Sources - If a magazine, website or other source review a Volvo or compare a Volvo to other vehicles, we want our readers to be on top of how our favorite brand is performing. You'll find links and or references to that here.

woohoo!!!!

Matt
      2005 Volvo XC90 V8
      2006 Volvo S60R - 6MT
      2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design
      1991 Volvo 940 - 2JZGTE, 600rwhp

Awesome

George: this is excellent! congrats! wait til i finish this enormous project of mine and i'll be heading back here again.

Re: (Copeland)

Nice!! Congratulations

Volvo Fans // Check Out http://www.coldtrackdays.com

A NW based on-line magazine dedicated to automotive enthusiast and go-fast fans! head over to Cold Track Days and check it out

Justin Coffey : :
      Editor at Large : :

Re: 2004 Volvo S60R For SALE

Whats up guys, I am sad to say, but I am selling my Volvo S60R. Its a 2004 with Low miles only 36,854. I am letting it go for $18,150. I am located in Charlotte NC. If your interested call 704 519 9586.

Re: 2004 Volvo S60R

If you could pass this info to the guys, I would greatly appreciate it.
      2004 Volvo S60R only 38,854 miles on it. Asking $18,150. Location North Carolina. Contact # 704 519 9586. Thank you.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/c....html

Possible article of interest... Not sure this is the right location, but happy for others to place it correctly.

Rgds
      Andrew

it's good everthing you surch on this website.

http://www.sweedespeed.com

travel deals

All type vichale and all over India ture and treval's. if you have requrment any vichale than you online ragistar fourm
      ------------
      Moahn Pareek

Travel Deals-Travel Deals

Hello, I am new to the R Market. I have had two 850's before and after a brief leave of absence have come back to Volvo. I bought a S60R 6 speed in July, it was right off lease and had been serviced at a certified Volvo dealer before I bought it. I recently had the ABS light and Brake failure light come on as well as the Service maintenance required soon come on. I took it to the Volvo dealer and they told me that I needed a new Brake control module and new software for the car. As the R's have certain quirks I wanted to check with everyone to see if this is a common problem or if I should get a second opinion. Thanks

Re: Welcome to the Volvo News Blog! (wtgolf)

Welcome to Swedespeed, Tyler.

Try a new topic here...

https://forums.swedespeed.com/zeroforum?id=51

George Dill

I am looking for someone in the metro Atlanta area to renovate a 1989 760 Turbo wagon with 185k miles.

It is mechanically sound (has had all of the regular services), but because of its' age there are several electrical issues, some paint that needs refreshing, and a few minor things. It has been driven "lightly" for the last few years, but is getting ready to go to college (3 1/2 hours away) with my son.

Anyone know of someone GREAT and HONEST to do this work in my area?

Many thanks!

NEED HELP! NEW TO FORUM
      Sorry, I do not know where to post this!
      I was called by the dealership where I bought my 2006 S40 T5 this morning, and they asked me to come in to look at my car. They said they would like to upgrade me as they are in need of S40's for resale. I have called to the management at my dealership previously, complaining about my S40, as I have had so many problems with it, and have needed to bring it in many times. Once it stalled in the middle of an intersection. The lady on the phone said that the reports from their repair department show that my vehicle is in excellent shape, and they would like to trade it in for me. I am very uninformed about cars in general, and am skeptical. Why on earth would they want my car back? Are the newer cars even LESS reliable than mine? They also said they would provide free repairs for the next 60,000 miles. This has got to be a scam...
      Is there a place where I can get an objective opinion regarding this?
      Thanks so much!!

Re: (delempicka)

I sent you an IM.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Volvo Cars offers Saab owners $1,000 to joing the Volvo Family

Volvo Cars of North America is offering any current Saab owners $1,000 towards the purchase of ANY 2010 Volvo to join the Volvo family...

Re: (GrecianVolvo)

Its not a scam...dealer's will from time to time like to buy cars from their customers because they know what has been done to them (and can see the history of the car) granted yours might be a little sketchy but if they are willing to give you aroung Kelley Blue Book I would take it an run! ;0

Re: (Volvo4Life1140)

Man, the Volvo News Blog is lame. am i wrong? Whats the deal with this thing?

Re: (VolvoD)

We set this up when we set up a similar news blog forum on one of our other sites. This site already has a really good Volvo News forum though so it's been dormant. We're about to relaunch the site with a new design and they'll be merged at that time.

Re: ([email protected])

Are there any other Achorn sites that have launched with a similar 'new design' that we can browse.

You could give some people on here a real scare if something new is introduced without first getting to try it out... and reply.

2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

Re: (Penguin)

Yeah, I own part of Vortex Media Group and we run several websites. We're working with a new format that retains forums but moves to a next generation of article manager and integrates the forums a little better with the content generation on the front page. Try these with TurboNines being the closest example of a similar layout although the look and feel will be much more evolutionary to our current design.

http://www.turbonines.com
      http://www.kilometermag.com

Re: ([email protected])

KM looks to be a slick site. If the new SS site is anything like it... very nice.

My only recommendation is that dropdowns should appear when you move the cursor over the categories in the upper right corner.

2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

Count me in as a contributor with stories . I have a website niche oriented about Volvo in the USA. It's about Volvo car & truck dealers in the USA (reviews) and Volvo news. You can see the link in my signature, so I don't spam.

hey everyone! I've been thinking for a while about the new generation of Volvo cars that are soon going to be here, and I am excited to be part of the conversation. It seems that the Xc90 is the first in line, but a ton of cars are soon to follow! There is plenty of discussion in the news and rumors section, discussing the Volvo XC90, but also new technology and engineering for other models. There is also a sub forum for the next generation XC90, but there isn't one for other 90 series cars. I am going to make a request to have this sub forum started, unless there isn't enough information, regarding the timing or some other reason. I want to discuss the S90 in particular, because that will most likely be the next Volvo, and there is a lot to talk about with this upcoming model. If you guys at the swedespeed office could make this sub forum, I would appreciate it!!

Nice forun.well done!

36. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements