Special OSD Offers!! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: (William)

Quote, originally posted by William »
      Here are the details about the Winter Trip Offer...

Stockholm

Discover Stockholm, the Royal capital of Sweden, a city like no other ? a city built on 14 islands, where you are never far from the water. Well preserved medieval buildings stand alongside modern architecture. Stockholm is also home of the Nobel Prize. Just outside the city, the archipelago of 24,000 islands is waiting to be explored. Stockholm is a city of contrasts ? water and islands, history and innovation, small town and big city, short winter days, and long light summer nights ? with a dazzling array of impressions. Thanks to the city's compact size, you can see and do most things in a short space of time making it a perfect destination for city breaks or longer stays all year round.

For more information about Stockholm please visit: http://www.stockholmtown.com/D...ge=EN

My family did this package last year (almost identical "special deal" from Volvo), Stockholm is a great city to visit, if you haven't already check out my pics:
      http://dadolphson.googlepages....ytrip

2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (his), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6 (hers), 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 V60 P* (ours) #46/80

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: (universityvolvoOSD)

Bob,

Any chance you can check out available accessories for the 2007 V70R for me? It'd be nice to know how much cash I need!!!

Ta!

Chris

Re: (ScottishBloke)

Quote, originally posted by ScottishBloke »
      Bob,

Any chance you can check out available accessories for the 2007 V70R for me? It'd be nice to know how much cash I need!!!

Ta!

Chris

Take a credit card...you will gete a better conversion rate (usually), anyway.

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: (GrecianVolvo)

Not all credit cards are created equal. Capital One charges no fees for overseas charges. Here is a link to what others charge.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20050624b1.asp

Re: (eafenyes)

This is true. However, you can get even better deals. For instance, Costco American Express gives up to 1.5% back on any purchase when you have spent more than $5000 in the current year, and charges just 1% for currency exchange. So, effectively, you still earn 0.5% on each foreign purchase.
      2008 S80 3.2; 2015 Mazda CX-5

Re: (eafenyes)

re the credit card surcharges

am very familiar with that extra little "conversion" charge they tack on
      from overseas trips with a Wells Fargo Visa and an MBNA MC, so I was
      pleasantly surprised this year on trips to France and to Guatemala when
      my United Mileage Plus (Chase) card converted my purchases at a very favorable rate (compared to what we were getting when there) AND
      made no additional charge; that table on Bankrate says Chase adds 3%
      but maybe United MP card gets a better deal. I looked thru the fine print I have and, as far as I can see, the reserve the "right" to add a fee, but apparently choose not to at present

Forum Sponsor universityvolvoOSD's Avatar

Re: (willyjp)

The latest update for OSD incentives now includes the Sport Pkg on S80's for $295!!! ...and the incentives have been extended to july 31 for all models.
      In addition.....OSD has just added @ 200 units to it's availablity! So there are plenty of XC90/S80/S40/S60/V50 models to choose from. There are just a few R's left and 1 XC70...no V70's or C70's are available until the 08 pricing is released...which BTW...will be coming soon!

Here are a few examples of the huge savings!

S80 3.2 silver/black leather, sport pkg, climate pkg, nav. MSRP $45,215. OSD price $38,890. Over $6300 off list AND a free trip for 2 to Sweden!!!

XC90 FWD 3.2 willow green/taupe leather, premium pkg., climate pkg, versatility pkg. MSRP $43,225. OSD price $37,120.

There are some equally great savings on the other models.........so take advantage while the selection is good.

Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE
      http://www.universityvolvo.com/volvo...as-program.htm

Hi Bob,
      Any news on C30 osd?
      Regards
      s40R
      06 S60R GT with a few IPD MTE TME extras
      14 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan
      00 S40 IPD/MTE/TME nothing stock Except paint color sold 07
      08 XC 90 gone along with the Ex-Wife, but neither are missed

Re: (s40R)

Quote, originally posted by s40R »
      Hi Bob,
      Any news on C30 osd?
      Regards
      s40R

Details on the Overseas Delivery Program for the 2008 Model Year have not been released yet. There are many who are eagerly awaiting this information. Hopefully the info will be released by Volvo soon.

William

William

Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

Hi Bob,
      Any news on C30 osd?
      Regards
      s40R

If the planets all line up properly ...US production start up stays on track...there are no unforeseen issues with US pricing and OSD availablity...then if you are ready to go with an order...you should be able to arrange an OSD for a C30 in sept.
      Pricing has not been released and I do not know if the normal 8% OSD discount will apply. All that info should be available pretty soon.
      When it is released, I will post a link. That being said....if you want an 08 C30 via OSD...I suggest you act quickly, as there will not be that many C30's allocated for OSD. My feeling is that they will be like the C70...ltd in supply and they will sell out fast.

Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

Thanks Bob
      14 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan

These deals sound great. However, having followed this forum for a few months, it is getting more diificult to decide when to "pull the trigger" on an order. We are planning to pickup a new S80 in late April or May of 2008. However, it seems if I order it early enough to be able to meet those pickup guidelines, I will pay more than if I wait until the last minute and hope there is an in-stock item in Gothenburg close to what I want.

Advice anyone?

Re: (thebearsmith)

First suggestion, work with someone willing to hold (for lack of a better term) your order to see what incentives might be available and also if a stock car that meets your wants is available. (Bob did this for us on our OSD coming up in May).

So try as soon as possible to figure out your 1st and 2nd choices of things like colors, and additional packages. Know which ones you could live without if it meant signifcant savings (if this is an issue). Or just know exactly what you want and stick with it. This way if it needs to be a custom order, it can be ordered in plenty of time for your pickup.

Second, work with someone experienced in OSD. Make sure if you are using a local dealer that they really know their stuff. A good way of doing this is by asking loads of questions. Stuff that you can find the answer to here, but that isn't easy enough that the Volvo website answers them. Maybe even ask if they know of any internet forums that you can peruse, and see if they mention SS.

Sometimes it does seem like a throw of the dice as to when to order to get the best deal. And it will depend too on if you want to do a side trip, like to Stockholm or Barcelona that was just offered. That can save you money in the long run. What's important is that you feel like you got the best deal you could have.

Have fun planning!!

2006 XC90 2.5T AWD OSD
      2007 S60 2.5T OSD
      1995 850
      1999 C70 Coupe

I agree it "sounds like a role of the dice" but it is simple supply & demand. How much are you willing to be flexable on the "exact" car you want and the "exact" date you want it. Compared to how much demand there is for deliveries from the factory to both dealers & direct OSD pick ups in the time frame you are looking at.

Yes if you pull the trigger earlier you MAY pay more but will have the exact car & date you want. At the same time while the factory has IN THE PAST offered additional "perks" the last two years as the build term comes to a close there is no assurance that they will next year. Who knows what the economy or the damand for high end cars will be next year. SO only YOU can decide what is best for YOU.

Chuck

Re: (cwilsong)

Let me try to shed some light on things for Chuck and Bearsmith:

Timing is one factor that is always a consideration. If you have specific dates that you want to schedule...then I suggest you get an OSD order processed @ 8 weeks before your desired delivery date. Keep in mind that most of the"in stock" units will have the same pkgs. (usually the premium/climate and one other pkg depending on the model).
      If you want stand alone options like nav/premium audio/bi-xenons/BLIS/eyc., you are looking at a custom order....so give yourself a few extra weeks.

Incentivescan be a factor as well. If the trade off of a pkg or option is less important than saving some MORE $$...then do as Momscar said. Get your 1st/2nd choices together and have all your paperwork done...then wait for the right car at the right $$. Be sure you are working with someone who stays up to date DAILY with what the "in stock" inventory is and who is well informed as to when the various incentives begin and end.

Look at OSD as another way to buy a new Volvo....for some people, the trip is the goal. They have a desired timeframe for travelling and they are getting 2 free roundtrip tickets as a "bonus" for buying a Volvo.
      For other people is it all about the $$ saved...and the timeframe for travelling and the exact color/options are more flexible. It all depends on your priorities.

For many car shoppers....buying a new car can be an impulsive decision.....this is NOT the case when considering an OSD. It is more of a planned purchase..and requires the assistance of someone who not only understands the program.....but also understands how to getthe most out of it for YOU, the customer! You are both starting out on the right track by gathering your facts...and there are lots of happy OSD'ers here on the forum who will glady help you with your questions.

Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

Thanks all for you input.

Bob - is BLIS as option that is usually not included on an in-stock OSD S80? BLIS will be a must for me.

BLIS is a very cool option...but not one that has been offered on stock units. Personally, I would like to see it std on XC90/S80 models

Personally....my next vehicle will have BLIS...and it will be an OSD

Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

Can BLIS be added at the factory if I order an in-stock car, or am I dreaming?

Quote, originally posted by thebearsmith »
      Can BLIS be added at the factory if I order an in-stock car, or am I dreaming?

No, unfortunately BLIS can not be added at the factory to one of the pre-built Overseas Delivery Program vehicles.

William

William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

Hi Bob just checking back to see if there is any news on the C30?

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »
      Hi Bob,
      Any news on C30 osd?
      Regards
      s40R

If the planets all line up properly ...US production start up stays on track...there are no unforeseen issues with US pricing and OSD availablity...then if you are ready to go with an order...you should be able to arrange an OSD for a C30 in sept.
      Pricing has not been released and I do not know if the normal 8% OSD discount will apply. All that info should be available pretty soon.
      When it is released, I will post a link. That being said....if you want an 08 C30 via OSD...I suggest you act quickly, as there will not be that many C30's allocated for OSD. My feeling is that they will be like the C70...ltd in supply and they will sell out fast.
      14 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan

Volvo is supposed to release 2008 Model Year Overseas Delivery Program details within a few weeks.

William

William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

I'm back... two specials at the FDC right now:

1) All four mudflaps installed for 1000 SEK
      2) Four rubber floor mats and rubber trunk liner for 1000 SEK

What a fabulous time!!! Already put 1627 miles on my 2007 V70R. Arrives in the US June 9th weather permitting...

Quote, originally posted by ScottishBloke »
      I'm back... two specials at the FDC right now:

1) All four mudflaps installed for 1000 SEK
      2) Four rubber floor mats and rubber trunk liner for 1000 SEK

What a fabulous time!!! Already put 1627 miles on my 2007 V70R. Arrives in the US June 9th weather permitting...

Somebody please tell me that 100SEK is only $200USD.

2017 S90 T6 Inscription Polestar. Volvo #7!

Re: (VolvoMax)

Quote, originally posted by VolvoMax »

Somebody please tell me that 100SEK is only $200USD.

Actually it is 1000 SEK and the conversion is:

1,000.00 SEK = 148.20 USD

From this currency conversion site
      http://www.xe.com/ucc/

William

William

" See Sweden by Volvo "

Re: (William)

The mudflap, floor mat special was the same offered to us in June 2005..we took them both and were thankful as we had a few wet days and the mat saved our new light colored carpet.

Rick

'15.5 Volvo V60 XC Platinum CPO
      '15 MINI Roadster S
      (Former: 1980 245 DL 4 speed OD; 2005 V50 T5 AWD GT
      OSD June 2005)

I wonder if mudflaps on a C70 would be too ugly. They are quite functional, assuming I can get past the appearance.

Anyone seen mudflaps on a C70?

2010 C70, Mostly Stock, 6SPD Manual Trans

Actually a guy behind me at the FDC had them installed after seeing mine and hearing of the option/deal. I thought they looked good on his C70.

I got a set of rubber mats from Myswedishparts.com for my V50 and they are great in the winter. Looks like they run about $90 for the set for a V70 (I paid $71 plus shipping last fall). Mud flaps look to run about $50 for 4. Installation not included of course -- not a big deal for the mats, a little more involved for the flaps.
      2006 V50 T5 AWD M66 -- OSD Gothenberg June 2006
      2005 XC70

Re: (jackf)

Press Release 09/15/07:

All 2008 in stock units are recieving the following incentive....$595 Premium pkg
      * S40T5 and S40AWD, V50T5 and V50AWD
      *C70!!!! (first time this model has had an incentive)
      *S60 2.5T and AWD
      *XC90 3.2 FWD/AWD
      Touring pkg of the XC90V8
      Select pkg on the S40/V50 2.4i
      Sport pkg on the S80 3.2 and V8
      Advanced Pkg on the S60T5
      Technology/climate Pkg on the XC90V8 Sport

This offer is good on all OSD "in stock" deliveries through the calender year 2007...that is an additional savings of "up to" $1885 on some models...so take advantage NOW!!!!

Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

Touring package on the XC90 V8? Would that be the Executive package or the Convenience package? I'm sure none of the in stock XC90 V8s have BLIS as I have yet to see one on a dealer lot with this option.
      2008 XC90 V8 electric silver/off black -- winter 2008 OSD via Bob K.
      2011 BMW 535i titanium silver/black 6 speed manual (because no S60R manual)
      previous -- 2004 XC90, 2004 S60R 6 speed, 2008 C70, and 2008 Saab TurboX 6 speed

Re: (volvo04FL)

If anyone is interested in a DEAL; there is a 2007 XC90 V8, Ruby Red w/ Sandstone leather. It has Climate, Touring packages...price is about $42,700!!!

Also, a couple of 2007 XC90 3.2 FWDs, with Climate, Premium and Versatility packages. They are priced in the mid-$35K!!!

Yannis

Bob,

Are these same vehicles available to Canadian buyers? I have found that dealers here in Ontario aren't as familiar with the OSD program as in the U.S. Any dealerships you could recommend north of the border (Ontario)?

Thanks

Re: (Mcgyver29)

Quote, originally posted by Mcgyver29 »
      Bob,

Are these same vehicles available to Canadian buyers? I have found that dealers here in Ontario aren't as familiar with the OSD program as in the U.S. Any dealerships you could recommend north of the border (Ontario)?

Thanks

No, these are U.S.-specs cars.

Yannis

Re: (KeystoneVolvo)

msgyver29....

My suggestion would be to go to http://www.volvocars.com and click on Canada on the world map. I know that there are a few dealers in Canada that do OSD's, but I do not know exactly which ones they are.
      Additionally, I do not know if there is an OSD stock list for Canadian dealers. If there is, US dealers have no access to it.
      Sorry I can't be of more help ....but if you don't get anywhere by going to the website....let me know and I will see what I can do to help you find out how you can take advantage of the program.

Bob Kennedy
      University Volvo OSD Mgr
      Charlotte NC
      VOLVO FOR LIFE

Thanks Bob. From what I have read on this site you sound like the guru of OSD. There is some basic info on the Canadian website, but no "tourist" pricing or special offers listed. Canadian dealer pricing is always a bit of a mystery to be solved. One dealer even told me I have to pay 6.1% duty upon import, which is not true.

I am about to contact a few dealers about OSD. Perhaps you could suggest some questions I should ask to determine their experience with the OSD process.

Thanks

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast