If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want?

So kind of taking a thing from my other post I was wondering what people would want if they took there Volvo to a million miles and then another million. Which one tickles your fancy?

-Poritz

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (Poritz)

I would want an S80 T6 Elite. I could find myself driving that just as I could find myself being driven in it.

-Poritz

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (Poritz)

i would take the S60 R any day, any time. it speaks for itself

[Modified by sk11vengeance, 7:59 AM 2-1-2003]

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I'll take the T6 and sell it to get S60R and still have some cash left to buy something else for the car.

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (The_one_n_only)

quote:
      I'll take the T6 and sell it to get S60R and still have some cash left to buy something else for the car.

Got the whole thing planned out dont ya Kai?

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (The_one_n_only)

So the T6 is more expensive than the R?

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (mike_c70)

T6 is 43k and the S60r is 36k. So ya mike, the T6 is more expensive.
      Current: Red on Black 1998 S70 T5A
      Previous: Black on Black 1994 944T

Kai,

you should take an XC90...you are going to get a better return for your money in this market (waiting lists are as long as summer, now)...then you will have a lot more cash left after you buy an S60 R.

But my vote goes, naturally, for the V70R since my family status dictates that.

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

What about the S60AWD?

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (mike_c70)

Wow! I would've never thought that a S80 would cost almost $50K

$50,575 with everything.(so Edmunds.com says)

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (omega6_virus)

I've already been there did that sort of . My wife won a 960 in 1996 at a US Dentist/Dental convention in Florida that was sponsored by Volvo. If I recall there was about 5,000 attendees and she won the drawing. Got to pick our color back home at the local dealer. Some fancy Volvo executives helped deliver the car with a dozen roses and some other Volvo nik naks. It was cool and we felt like royalty. We loved the car execpt for the rear wheel drive wouldn't make it up our steep driveway in the snow. So we traded for a (never mind) . We decided if Volvo came out with an AWD SUV we would go back to Volvo.

So to answer the question XC90 !!!!!!

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (doublel)

Dear god! You got rid of a beautiful 960 because of the snow on the driveway? I have a realtivly steep driveway and it goes up fine!!! I hope this was like a 60* incline!

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (omega6_virus)

Yea it was sad. You can't get a "run for it" up the driveway because of it being at a 90 degree angle at the start and also at the steepest part is another 90 degree turn. The other problem is drifting, for us one inch of snow equals one foot of drift . It's no fun carrying kids and groceries up and down the hill. We are one's who really do need and use the AWD and versatility of an SUV. I am so excited to finally have that option with Volvo and all the other great things Volvo brings to a vehicle.

Well, it seems that (surprisingly) the V70R is a very desirable car!

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (GrecianVolvo)

Yannis,

Yes, it does. Especially when you review what percenatage of R's look to be sedans instead of wagons...

...kinda makes you wonder... hmnn

But then again this isn't a scientific study with .0003 error factors and so forth...

My vote was for the R wagon also with the XC90 right behind.

William

William

Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (GShyneDM)

quote:
      Got the whole thing planned out dont ya Kai?

Oh yeahhh...you know me, always one step ahead. :-D

Just thought that would have been the most logical choice.

I like Kai's idea, ultimately I would also end up with the S60R (6 speed)

Or how about the prototype version froma couple years ago, can I have that? Its a volvo. I think it had much more trick items such as massive brakes, magnesium wheels and the ground effects. I'll take that one. (probably worth half a million too )

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (Spearzy)

I'll take the V70R. Gotta have room for all the toys!

-Ian

gotta be a v70r--you need to be able to smoke-em with the baby in the back.

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (mpeng168)

yup yup! It is all about the V70R!

oh, and the 855R's!

His: 2011 Nissan Leaf - No Gas... Just Electrons...
      For Sale: 2007 S80 V8 AWD
      Hers: 2010 XC70 T6 AWD

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (GrecianVolvo)

Where's the suprise? I can't think of a more practical car to own! Fun, efficient, safe (!!!) and can I tell you how often a Volvo wagon has hauled my stuff in moving or just good ol' road trips?!?! Yeah, man, it's GOTTA be the V70R (6sp). Now, where do you think Volvo got its market data upon which it based its first year's alotment? Seems like a no-brainer to make more wagons than sedans, but they got it bass-ackwards. Unless they had the Beemer-eater ideas at heart, in which case that warrants a whole new discussion. I can't wait for my V70R.
      Present:
      '19 E63 S AMG Wagon; '16 LR4 Landmark
      Past:
      '87 245DL; '96 Red/Tan 855R; '04 Ti V70R; '05 Red/Nord V70R; '07 E-Sil/Ata V70R... last R into US; '07 AMG Wagon; '12 Range Rover; '14 AMG Wagon

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (24Hours)

quote:
      Now, where do you think Volvo got its market data upon which it based its first year's alotment? Seems like a no-brainer to make more wagons than sedans, but they got it bass-ackwards. Unless they had the Beemer-eater ideas at heart, in which case that warrants a whole new discussion. I can't wait for my V70R.

I can guarantee you that Volvo will make twice as many S60 Rs for every V70 R they produce...Their "marketing experts" will tell them so...IMO, the mix should be 50/50.

Yannis

Why are there more votes in this poll for the V70R than the S60R? I don't understand. Shouldn't the more beautiful and sportier looking S60R win by far in this poll?

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (bfavre4)

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I have always like a wagon more than a sedan, and a low sleek coupe more than a wagon. Thats just me. Some wagons looks good, some cars looks better is a sedan form, and I think the V70 looks better than the S60, mainly because of the large brake lights on the S60, doesn't look that good IMO

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (bfavre4)

quote:
      Why are there more votes in this poll for the V70R than the S60R? I don't understand. Shouldn't the more beautiful and sportier looking S60R win by far in this poll?

The V70R is sexier than the S60R!

S E K S I!!!!

His: 2011 Nissan Leaf - No Gas... Just Electrons...
      For Sale: 2007 S80 V8 AWD
      Hers: 2010 XC70 T6 AWD

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (Kaizai)

Nobody makes a wagon better than Volvo... gotta be the V70R for me.
      People won't be expecting the wagon to blow them away, and that's half the fun

Well, you left out the option for a 1985 homologated turbo 240. Since it is the best handling (front wheel drive sucks ass, in my opinion) Volvo with the R-sport springs and race-valved Bilsteins along with strut braces, etc., it is the natural choice. Thereby I declare your thread MOOT since it is incomplete.

-he who stacks pork

V70 is sleeker than the S60

Yannis

quote:

And of course C70 tops both V70 and S60, of course unless you apply some KY Jelly on that V70 of yours, that might be a different story.

quote:
      And of course C70 tops both V70 and S60, of course unless you apply some KY Jelly on that V70 of yours, that might be a different story.

"Tops" in what? Certainly not in public approval/preference!

Yannis

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (xtremepsionic)

Most wagons look better than sedans, to me.
      Audi A4, S4, A6, S6, RS6, etc, all better in
      wagon form. BMW 5 series better as wagon. Volkswagon
      Passat - wagon and sedan are both just as nice
      as each other.

Volvo sedans I like just slightly better than wagons,
      but there is no way I can live with 3 inches
      less legroom on the S60 vs the V70.

Only Mercedes makes wagons so ugly that I prefer
      the sedans. Really big cars are better in sedan form
      (Audi A8, BMW 7-series, etc).

Re: If you were to be given an absolutely free Volvo, which one would you want? (e1618978)

BLASPHEME!!! Image a wagon looking better than the sedan...

OK, ok, the wagon is sharp but I like a little more curve in the rear end, and not as much baggage.

Interesting, That not many people have been saying, I want to S80 Elite, so that I can sell it and buy an R model. Better yet, sell it to buy more than one car like, 2 240, 2 P1800 (one for parts) and then an S60 AWD. Or whatever tickles your fancy. If I were to sell it for another I would want an S80 Elite and go for a S60R or AWD or C70 Coupe, and then put the ten grand or so left over in a trust so that I would never pay the insurance and after warranty repairs out of my own pocket. Hehe, is that a scheme or what?

-Poritz

Man do I have a habit for killing good threads. It happens to often, rats!

-Poritz

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast