Twin-Turbo 6.0 Liter V12
      Boost @ 1.5 Bar/21 PSI
      612 Horsepower
      738 LB.FT of Torque @ 2000 RPM

This is all I have to say:

-Drew

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG ([email protected])

Damn it, they need to do that for the SL also. SL65 instead of just the SL55 or the SL600.

Crazy looking wheels. For some reason I stopped liking the CL all that much after the SL came out. CL just looks a bit too bulky for my taste. But still pimping as hell with that new 6.0L treatment and 1.5 bar of boost!! That kind of HP and torque is not something to be overlooked.

I think I'll be happy if I can get my hands on the new E55. Or...if they can get an E65~!

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (The_one_n_only)

quote:
      I think I'll be happy if I can get my hands on the new E55. Or...if they can get an E65~!

I'd be happy if I can get my hands on a decked out E500!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (mike_c70)

CL is my dream car, I love long sleek coupes that are fast and comfy. No other coupe does this better than this Benz!
      man, what kind of tires are in the rear, that much torque!

wow, and wow!
      His: 2011 Nissan Leaf - No Gas... Just Electrons...
      For Sale: 2007 S80 V8 AWD
      Hers: 2010 XC70 T6 AWD

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (xtremepsionic)

Hopefully something similar to the Viper's rear wheels.

Imagine, some punk pulls up next to you in his pony car while cruising down on the highway.....this thing will just launch on them and scare the living daylight outta them.

ARgghhhh...E65 damn it!!!! Doooo eeeeet~~!!!

I have always considered the CL-Class the flagship of the Benz line. I really like the SL as well, but when I always think of the ultimate Benz I think CL-Class, until the new SLR comes out. To me the CL just screams retched excess...

This new CL65 AMG is a TOTAL BEAST! Damn!

-Drew

Bow down for real.. 738 lb/ft?!!

very scary......

now.. if only volvo competed with that kind of performance.....

I kind of like that full size coupe thing--I drove my dad's 81 coupe deville--I kind of miss it.

lucky CL65 owners will need extra sets of mounted rear wheels in their garages!

quote:
      Imagine, some punk pulls up next to you in his pony car while cruising down on the highway.....this thing will just launch on them and scare the living daylight outta them.

HAHA. The Pony car's slicks will hook up and he'll walk away while the Benz driver fries his tires. I've driven an '00 and an '01 E55, and it's friggin impossible to get traction with that automatic. If you leave the traction control on, you don't go anywhere either.

What's the price tag on this thing? I bet I could get 1000hp out of an "ancient" big block V8 for less than half the price of this car. And this is STILL gonna be an automagic

[Modified by anony00gt, 2:51 PM 2-21-2003]

Whoa dude!!!! Bow down for me, too! Holy sauerkraut!!!!!!!! And a 225 mph speedo? And 700+ ft=lbs. of torque? Unreal!!!

BTW, how much does this krautburner cost? A buck-sixty???

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (GrecianVolvo)

Bout time MB made a kick ass looking coupe. The most intresting looking cars MB has is the SLK 320 and SL 55 (mom has a SLK 320 and its fun to drive). All the C classes are boring looking

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (anony00gt)

quote:

HAHA. The Pony car's slicks will hook up and he'll walk away while the Benz driver fries his tires.
      What's the price tag on this thing? I bet I could get 1000hp out of an "ancient" big block V8 for less than half the price of this car. And this is STILL gonna be an automagic

Yeah...that is if that punk remember to put slicks on his ancient big block V8. What's stopping the Benz to have some slicks, too?

I'm sure you can get 1000 HP out of whatever you have there, but I don't want whatever you have there. I want this!

It's the same story all over again, blah blah blah how spend some $$$ can let a big V8 on an American pony car to spank an expensive German muscle car. But the point is, maybe I don't feel all that great driving a big dang ol American pony car. It didn't just happen yesterday with what you can do with those V8s, but not everyone wants to drive a Mustang forever, right?

You will keep on driving your Mustang, and I will take up the Ferrari 360 when I get to have one. I liked my Stang, but that was when I was in high school.

quote:
      What's stopping the Benz to have some slicks, too?

The Independent Rear Suspension....halfshafts snapped in half

[Modified by anony00gt, 10:17 PM 2-21-2003]

I doubt the lucky slob that buys a CL65 will give one wit about a Mustang, or any other car under six figures, b/c he'd have nothing to prove except to the guy w/ the Austin down the block, or the one w/the new Bentley, or the tricked out Diablo... I know I wouldn't. Besides, I'm pretty sure life is not all about the ultimate quarter mile time if you can afford a car like this.

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (javadoc)

The reason people buy MB is for the prestige, and I am sorry your ford doesn't count...

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (Kaizai)

quote:
      The reason people buy MB is for the prestige, and I am sorry your ford doesn't count...

OUCH!!!

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

quote:

Shut down, spanked, and owned........

~~~~~
      Ron
      2000 V70R with some simple mods | RIP
      2008 XC70

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (Volvo Grrrr)

dude, those images makes me shiver and want to yell "WOW! SCREW THE HOUSE, THATS WHAT I'M GONNA GET!"

quote:
      dude, those images makes me shiver and want to yell "WOW! SCREW THE HOUSE, THATS WHAT I'M GONNA GET!"

Yeah, tell this to your current/future wife...you will end up with her footprints on your butt and/or her handprints on your cheeks!

Yannis

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (GrecianVolvo)

who said I am gonna get married! My plan is to get a XC90 from you and sleep in it at night and drive the CL AMG to work at day!

and my wife would be the laptop I sleep with, see! A wife that won't complain or wanting to slap me (or won't cook either... lol)

quote:
      who said I am gonna get married! My plan is to get a XC90 from you and sleep in it at night and drive the CL AMG to work at day!

and my wife would be the laptop I sleep with, see! A wife that won't complain or wanting to slap me (or won't cook either... lol)

Hahaha! You got a point there! You have it all planned, don't you? You will get married when you least expect it...remember that!

Yannis

quote:

You're right. I used to work in a town where you had to have a 7-figure income just to afford the cost of living there. Those yuppies all drove their top-end Mercedes's, Bentleys, etc. I also had to deal with these people. They are the most arrogant people on the face of the planet, you just can't satisfy them no matter how hard you try, and their kids scream and cry if they don't get a BMW for their 16th birthday.

I'm a little more blue-collar than that. You couldn't pay me enough to sit in an office all day like these people do, I go insanly bored and start pulling my hair out. I'd rather have less money, drive a Ford, and be happy instead of becoming a spoiled rich impossible-to-satisfy sumbitch. I'll also rest easy knowing that my ancient pushrod Ford will own that Mercedes every which way till Sunday in any performance contest. How many of you guys have actually seen a turbocharged Fox in action anyway?

quote:

You're right. I used to work in a town where you had to have a 7-figure income just to afford the cost of living there. Those yuppies all drove their top-end Mercedes's, Bentleys, etc. I also had to deal with these people. They are the most arrogant people on the face of the planet, you just can't satisfy them no matter how hard you try, and their kids scream and cry if they don't get a BMW for their 16th birthday.

I'm a little more blue-collar than that. You couldn't pay me enough to sit in an office all day like these people do, I go insanly bored and start pulling my hair out. I'd rather have less money, drive a Ford, and be happy instead of becoming a spoiled rich impossible-to-satisfy sumbitch. I'll also rest easy knowing that my ancient pushrod Ford will own that Mercedes every which way till Sunday in any performance contest. How many of you guys have actually seen a turbocharged Fox in action anyway?

...yea...

oh btw this is a production car... just geting back to the point about your modified old ford engines, seems as if we got a little side tracked with the state of this county's population.

That's the problem with all these stereotypes. Just because one drives an expensive car, that doesn't make him/her an arrogant yuppie or a spoiled brat. Some spoiled brats want to drive Mustangs instead of BMWs so they can fit in their peers.

Just to throw this to the mix, I've seen spoiled blue-collar fmaily's kid asking their parents for a new mustang. How are you going to explain that? His parents can hardly afford the monthly mortgage, let alone the college tuition for his kid brother and sister...where are they going to find $$$ to buy that tard a Mustang?

Just b/c a family cannot afford their kids better cars don't make kids less spoiled than other more fortunate families. I've also seen a share of lame kids spending their parents money away on their muscle cars and crashing into trees b/c they don't know how to drive better. The types of cars don't make up for a person's trait and behavior.

It just happens that most of the bimmer owning high school kids are punk. But I know few 17 yr olds much more mature than many of these college-going-bimmer-driving kids who know nothing about their cars but the M badge.

quote:
      Those yuppies all drove their top-end Mercedes's, Bentleys, etc. I also had to deal with these people. They are the most arrogant people on the face of the planet, you just can't satisfy them no matter how hard you try, and their kids scream and cry if they don't get a BMW for their 16th birthday.
      I'd rather have less money, drive a Ford, and be happy instead of becoming a spoiled rich impossible-to-satisfy sumbitch.

quote:
      That's the problem with all these stereotypes. Just because one drives an expensive car, that doesn't make him/her an arrogant yuppie or a spoiled brat. Some spoiled brats want to drive Mustangs instead of BMWs so they can fit in their peers.
      Just to throw this to the mix, I've seen spoiled blue-collar fmaily's kid asking their parents for a new mustang. How are you going to explain that? His parents can hardly afford the monthly mortgage, let alone the college tuition for his kid brother and sister...where are they going to find $$$ to buy that tard a Mustang?

Just b/c a family cannot afford their kids better cars don't make kids less spoiled than other more fortunate families. I've also seen a share of lame kids spending their parents money away on their muscle cars and crashing into trees b/c they don't know how to drive better. The types of cars don't make up for a person's trait and behavior.

It just happens that most of the bimmer owning high school kids are punk. But I know few 17 yr olds much more mature than many of these college-going-bimmer-driving kids who know nothing about their cars but the M badge

We're really getting off-topic here, but it's not about the cars. When people get rediculous amounts of money (I'm talking income of millions per year) they tend to expect things. They tend to think they own the planet and want everything handed to them. They don't want to do anything for themselves. The thought of getting out and mowing their own lawn or shoveling snow off their own driveway is disgusting. They're the hardest people to satisfy. When I worked in that supermarket people would complain about the dumbest things, like "the meat clerk gave me a bad look and I didn't like it" or "I asked the deli guy for a pound of ham and only got .96 pounds". Rediculous crap like that, ALL the time. Really gets rediculous when an entire town's population nit-picks every meaningless detail they come upon.

I worked through high school in a more middle-class area and never had any of these dumb little complaints, the only real variable was the amount of money flying around the area....

quote:
      We're really getting off-topic here, but it's not about the cars. When people get rediculous amounts of money (I'm talking income of millions per year) they tend to expect things. They tend to think they own the planet and want everything handed to them. They don't want to do anything for themselves. The thought of getting out and mowing their own lawn or shoveling snow off their own driveway is disgusting. They're the hardest people to satisfy. When I worked in that supermarket people would complain about the dumbest things, like "the meat clerk gave me a bad look and I didn't like it" or "I asked the deli guy for a pound of ham and only got .96 pounds". Rediculous crap like that, ALL the time. Really gets rediculous when an entire town's population nit-picks every meaningless detail they come upon.

I worked through high school in a more middle-class area and never had any of these dumb little complaints, the only real variable was the amount of money flying around the area....

There you go. It's not really the people who can afford these types of cars bothers you. It's just your expectation of those who own these cars MIGHT also be rich snobs. Why you keep thinking with people less money would not be arrogant, ignorant, and snobby? Are all the less fortunate people more humble than the real rich ones?

I'm sure w/ that kinda $$$, most of them would not remain a humble nature. I'd like to see anyone of us here get that stinky rich, and I'm sure some are already, and see if we'll still be so level-headed. But this doesn't mean these rich people are all bastard and nit-picking.

Because is "Those yuppies all drove their top-end Mercedes's, Bentleys, etc. I also had to deal with these people. They are the most arrogant people on the face of the planet, you just can't satisfy them no matter how hard you try, and their kids scream and cry if they don't get a BMW for their 16th birthday. I'd rather have less money, drive a Ford, and be happy instead of becoming a spoiled rich impossible-to-satisfy sumbitch...." kind of talk all not so nit picking?

The day you start hating how others with more money acts is when you should ask yourself if you will be just like them when you have that kind of money. That is when you know money will sway you to act differently if you can get your hands on them.

Sounds like a confusing Chinese/Buddahism proverb, and it probably is. Take your time think about it. If others with more money and live in a lavish style bothers you to a point as such, you really need to do something else to clear your mind before you start nit picking like one of them.

Hey...having Chinese wisdom isn't so bad sometimes, eh? We immigrants... ;D

Volvo- a Chinese man's cheap Mercedes.

I can say that because I am Chinese and I was told I needed a Mercedes (my eye was set on a C220 back in the days) to show people that my family made it in America. It wasn't money, it was reputation. But it slowly faded and the time we had our Mercedes and Dodge Caravan is now a Bimmer and 3 Volvos (a 740 and our old 240 is going into the family).

For this whole subject on money=car, I wouldn't say the majority of people of a certain

--- HAHA, some Oakland Police came by to my new house, this is where I am, they thought I was robbing the place. There were 4 police cars outside the house. I had to explain to them the whole thing. Anyway, now I lost what I wanted to say.

Current: 2015 XC60 T6 R-Design with Polestar
      Old: 2001 S40 BTCC Replica

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (asian01)

oh yeah, the officer saw my t-shirt saying FedEx and told me he didn't like it and preferred UPS.

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (asian01)

quote:
      oh yeah, the officer saw my t-shirt saying FedEx and told me he didn't like it and preferred UPS.

I like FedEx better.. the service seems much more personable where i go.

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (GShyneDM)

Yeah it does, but did again, I work there so I'm biased

My brother-in-law makes a lot of money and could drive any car he wanted. He doesn't look rich and he is very nice and personable. He owns a 1999 Audi A8 and a 2002 Chevy Avalanche.

Re: 2004 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG (PWSchuh)

Exactly, that whole stereotype about rich people being the snobs is just a bit overstatement.

These past few days, we had a business partner came over to visit us from Taiwain. From the way he talks and carries himself, you will never expect him to be the owner of the biggest Wireless ISP/SI in Taiwan. To put it in perspective, I'm a big fellow, and this guy is about 1.5 times bigger than I'm! With his "unique" style of choice of clothing and oveall appearence, you will never have 2nd thought that he's all that.

After chit chatting w/ him at dinner the other night, found out that he's also a certified car nut...and is a partial owner of this Porsche Importer in Taiwan. And sure enough....guess what he drives (well, he said he doesn't really dare to drive it that often)..? He has one of the 4 Porsche GT2s in Taiwan. And I have no doubt the guy does have it since I've already heard about his other stories about his craze for cars. He also got this one of kinda Topfuel/Mugen Turbo'd S2K.....that's for next time to talk about when I get more pics.

If I had never started talking about cars with this guy, I'd have never guessed. There are many humble wealthy people. Don't get so fixated about this whole concept about rich ppl are bad and evil. Or maybe most of the Chinese people tend to be more humble.

Seriously, being a rich snob is bad enough, but I think looking up at wealthy people and think negatively of all of them just b/c you are less fortunate is just any better.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast