See below for workaround; thanks to everyone who contributed.
In case you missed it in the long title:
"URGENT! Road trip w/family Monday AM + Master window switch failed, drive window stuck down." It failed about 5 hours ago on the way to a wedding. Nice.
The irony is my eBay switch is waiting for me at my destination...7 hours away in Long Island, NY.
So the question is; is there a way to raise the window (and keep it raised) for my scheduled departure around 5am on Monday? I suspect not, but ...
If not, I will postpone by one day and have my local shop swap in a donor, raise the window, then swap back in my defective switch.
Thanks for any input.
Modified by double-0-newb-2 at 8:36 AM 7-22-2007
Modified by double-0-newb-2 at 8:48 AM 7-22-2007