Goodbye R, Hello T5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Goodbye R, Hello T5

Got the news that my dealer won't receive GT R wagons until late in the year, so I have an allocation slot for a 2004 T5. Bummer, but I couldn't wait. I was a little put off by the large turning radius and slow 0-60 GT times of the R anyway, plus I need a vehicle ASAP. I want to get different wheels(the Almatheas are everywhere) and I was wondering if anyone has seen the polished Sentinals? Are they chrome plated, or polished bare metal? Also, are the stock 17" tires decent, or should I consider upgrading right away to something like P Zero Rossos(no snow in my region) I selected Platinum Green with Graphite leather, bi-xenons, Audiomax, On-Call,Sport,Climate ,Premium, Touring pkgs. IPD chip as soon as I can afford it

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Goodbye R, Hello T5 (ootw)

You will love the T5 if you don't need the AWD for snow then it won't make a big difference since you can get the IPD power pack right away that gets you very close to 300hp.
      His: 2011 Nissan Leaf - No Gas... Just Electrons...
      For Sale: 2007 S80 V8 AWD
      Hers: 2010 XC70 T6 AWD

Re: Goodbye R, Hello T5 (Kaizai)

quote:
      You will love the T5...get the IPD power pack right away that gets you very close to 300hp.

It's an awesome package...
      I think I'm gonna go with the down-pipe and exhaust...

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: Goodbye R, Hello T5 (Griff_33)

How about the 2.5T AWD?
      It has the same quick torque build up at lower revs.
      Sufficient for most situations.
      It's tunable up to 250 HP with it's stock turbo.
      '17 Volvo S60 Polestar '15 XC60T5 Polestarised

Re: Goodbye R, Hello T5 (Johann)

quote:
      How about the 2.5T AWD?
      It has the same quick torque build up at lower revs.
      Sufficient for most situations.
      It's tunable up to 250 HP with it's stock turbo.

That is a great car. I have beend riving one for 2 months now and I will choose that as my next demo also when this one goes away.

But my experience has been that LPT engines do not get programmed as aggressively as HPTs. At least through iPd/TME.

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal Nappa L, Advance, Rear Air Suspension, Bowers & Wilkins, Luxury, RtrbleTow Hitch, Polestar optimization, 20" wheels, Side Scuff Plate
      2020 V90 T6 AWD R-design Crystal White M, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, 20" wheels, Polestar optimization

Re: Goodbye R, Hello T5 (GrecianVolvo)

I went with the T5 because of better trim levels(sport seats, aluminum trim looks better than wood with Graphite,Homelink, the new Sport package with speed sensitive steering, trip computer, etc. Plus, there is no snow in my part of the country, so I don't want to load down the car with unneccessary weight. I just want it to go FAST and I can't wait for the R.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements