for the record; 07 DRL disable IS possible
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

for the record; 07 DRL disable IS possible

i dont want this thread to be full of opinions, the debate of DRLs has been discussed many times in many threads so lets not turn this into an argument. at the end of the day,

it is perfectly legal to disable your DRLs in the United States, and volvo has a software package that allows you to do so.

the software code you want is 30679690, from viewing other threads of successful disables, it is the same code as the previous model years.

there are plenty of reasons why a dealer might tell you its not possible, laziness, lack of time to figure out a process they aren't familiar with, predisposed opinions on the matter etc. etc. etc.

if your service dept tells you it is not possible. politely tell them there is a software code made by volvo that they can simply download and transfer to your vehicle.

in some cases they will do it for free, but most likely you'll be charged for the software (them finding it in their network) and about 1/2-1 hour of labor.
      in my case the software ($35) and half an hour of labor ($75) i ended up spending a little more than a hundred bucks. a bit high compared to others out there but i live in a pretty wealthy city (Marin Volvo). i'm sure with some polite haggling you can get it for less than one hundred.

let me know if you folks have any questions (not opinions)

cheers

Last edited by max power; 12-20-2018 at 11:09 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a question. When you have your light switch facing up (auto) will your lights still come on/turn off with the ignition, or do you have to turn the switch to the down position to get them to come on once you start the car?
      2010 XC60 T6 Black Sapphire - Sandstone/Espresso, Multimedia, Convenience, Climate, PCC, and Polestar

Re: (ElectricSilverT5)

in the top/ auto position, the lights will turn on/off automatically when you switch your car on/off. i discovered this because i took my car home and left the lights in the on position (still used to DRLs ) and the next day i noticed they were on when i pulled into work.

in the parking light position just the parking lights will be on.

in the 0/off position, none of the exterior lights will be on.

in all 3 positions, interior lighting will automatically adjust to exterior lighting conditions. so lets say, if you're driving at night in the "0" position, your interior lighting will adjust to night lighting, but your exterior lights wont turn on until you swtich them on.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Re: for the record; 07 DRL disable IS possible (max power)

Good info. Thanks for writing this up!

Technically they don't disable anything, they just load a different headlight application(perhaps for Euro. cars w/o DRL).
      What's more interesting is how it works:
      Light switch has 3 positions w/ only 2 triggers. 1st trigger for DRL and second for Parking lamps. The third switch position(low beam) is "open", which means even when you disconnect the switch completely the CEM activates low beams automatically. So to turn off the lights completely you need to reprogram CEM's DRL trigger, so when it's triggered the CEM turns the light off.

Can anyone shine some light on how their OEM bi-xenon's work. Do you still have DRL? can you disable it? Is there any bi-xenon applications for CEM or is it just for the GDL module? (according to parts list there's no application for bi-xenons only for halogen)
      One more: Is it possible to completely uninstall Low Beam Application for halogen bulbs? (If yes, what happens?)

Now can I get a DRL disable with PWM removal so I can run proper hids? Possibly with the HID guys DRL disable code.

Re: for the record; 07 DRL disable IS possible (rushin_max)

this post i made refers to bi-xenon lighting. i'm not sure if the code needed is different for halogen applications

I asked about having my DRLs disabled in my '05 V50 (halogens) and they said it would be about $135 total.

Stan

Modified by AutoGeek at 10:27 AM 3-20-2008

Modified by AutoGeek at 10:28 AM 3-20-2008

2005 V50 T5 FWD M66 Passion Red (Radio Flyer) Bilstein HD, ECU spacer, Snabb Turbo Pipe

1998 V70 NA - Sold, 2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P., 2005 V50 T5 - RIP

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!

Re: for the record; 07 DRL disable IS possible (AutoGeek)

That's about right for the price.
      2005 V50 T5 6-Sp Manual: Flint Grey Metallic- 20% Tint all around | 16" Caligo Alloy Wheels |Premium Sound System w/ 6-Disc CD Changer and Zune Media Player |De-badged Rear Hatch | E-Code Head Lights with 4300K H7 bulbs and Philips Silver Vision Turn Signals |Roof Spoiler |Dubstop black mesh grill w/ Heico Emblem | European Spec Wide Angle side view mirrors|America's answer for the MarkII Focus|

Re: for the record; 07 DRL disable IS possible (AutoGeek)

Quote, originally posted by AutoGeek »
      I asked about having my DRLs disabled in my '05 V50 (haloges) and they said it would be about $135 total.

Stan

yea up until your quote, my price i paid was the highest i've ever seen. i bet the variation comes from the rarity of this request. the way i see it a dealer has two options when confronted with this request

1- they can see it as a simple software download and charge you just labor

2- they can see it as a money making opportunity and pile it on. thats what happend in my case, i think i was quoted 180 initially, but when i asked him to break it down i got the typical "uh oh i made up my own price now i have to explain it" pause in the conversation. after telling him about my internet research he told me he'd call me back with a price summary.

I had them go ahead and disable my DRL as I figure it will save me in bulbs and if I switch to PIAA's or HID it could pay for itself.

Part#
      30679691-3 Low-Beam 3 Appl Price (Internal)
      30679689-7 Low-Beam 1 Appl Price $26.75

Total for parts and labor was $121.75.

Last edited by AutoGeek; 01-03-2011 at 04:12 PM.
      2005 V50 T5 FWD M66 Passion Red (Radio Flyer) Bilstein HD, ECU spacer, Snabb Turbo Pipe

1998 V70 NA - Sold, 2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P., 2005 V50 T5 - RIP

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!

my dealer will do it for free for me but can't find the code. Will this code work for the C30?

I have an 04.5 with halogens and I was wondering if it's possible to have the dealer program your car to have the lights turn on automatically when it gets dark enough? Is that possible?

RE: Daytime Running Lights

I own a 2009 Volvo S40 2.4i

I recently called my Dealership and they said they would disable the daytime running lights for me
      with no problem and quoted me an excellent price to do it. It sounded as if they had done it before and it would only take a few minutes.

After bringing the vehicle in, and waiting about 20 minutes or so, they said they couldn't do it??? I was really surprised to hear that since the whole time he sounded confident.

I also wanted to have my headlights adjusted higher and, once again, he said something about you need a special model to do it and...yours dosen't have an adjustment????

WTF????

Is the dealer blowing me off???

Someone help me...Thanx

Yes, sounds like a line of crap to me. It's simply a software upgrade, as stated. And your headlights are certainly adjustable, I did both mine (05) and my sister's (08). You have to remove the headlight to get good access to the gear used to adjust. There's a thread in here somewhere.

Ive done at least a dozen of these downloads so far, ranging from 04.5's up to 09's. They just dont know which light application software number to use since there is generally 3 available and none have a description as to what they do.

I had to figure it out based on trial and error and process of elimination. The other giveaway is that it doesnt apply to Canada which makes sense due to DRL's being government mandated.

For the record its Low-Beam 2 Application part number 30679690 for MOST P1's looking to remove DRL's.
      Current: B9 SQ5 | P2 V70R
      Past: 11 ISF | 14 C300 AMG Sport+ | E46M | S40 T5 | NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4

Quote Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
      For the record its Low-Beam 2 Application part number 30679690 for MOST P1's looking to remove DRL's.
      That is weird. Mine were 30679691-3 Low-Beam 3 Appl , 30679689-7 Low-Beam 1 Appl for my '05 V50.
      Last edited by AutoGeek; 01-03-2011 at 04:11 PM.

ForceFed, How much would I be looking at to have you disable my DRLs at your work? Pretty please?
      Last edited by Moofluffen; 01-03-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoGeek View Post
      That is weird. Mine were 30679691-3 Low-Beam 3 Appl , 30679689-7 Low-Beam 1 Appl for my '05 V50.
      how much did you pay for that stan? Those are the two part numbers I need to load? Because i'm going down to a US dealer to have a key programmed, so it'd be nice to get this done too.
      SOLD: 2005 V50 T5 AWD - Metallic Silver 426 - ELEVATE Stage I Tune - ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar - VIVA Performance Front Strut Bar - iPd Front Stabilizer Links - EuroSportTuning Drop-in Filter - Volvo 18' Medusa Wheels - Volvo R-Design Steering Wheel - Full LED Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by AutoGeek View Post
      Is that for no lights position 0 running lights position 1 and low beams position 2? Because that is the sequence I get for low beam app 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Moofluffen View Post
      ForceFed, How much would I be looking at to have you disable my DRLs at your work? Pretty please?
      The SW is 30$ and then I worked a deal for .3 labor so roughly 60$. I was just loading them on my lunch break but service wanted their cut lol.
      Past: 11 ISF | 14 C300 AMG Sport+ | E46M | S40 T5 | NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4

The SW is 30$ and then I worked a deal for .3 labor so roughly 60$. I was just loading them on my lunch break but service wanted their cut lol.
      Awesome, now I just need to find a day I can make it down. I assume you're only there Mon-Fri? Which dealership?

Is that for no lights position 0 running lights position 1 and low beams position 2? Because that is the sequence I get for low beam app 2.

awesome, which is the software code I bring to the dealer then?
      SOLD: 2005 V50 T5 AWD - Metallic Silver 426 - ELEVATE Stage I Tune - ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar - VIVA Performance Front Strut Bar - iPd Front Stabilizer Links - EuroSportTuning Drop-in Filter - Volvo 18' Medusa Wheels - Volvo R-Design Steering Wheel - Full LED Conversion

I work for King Volvo just Monday thru Friday.

SW number that works for me and applies to both S40 and V50 is 30679690

Quote Originally Posted by m4gician View Post
      how much did you pay for that stan? Those are the two part numbers I need to load? Because i'm going down to a US dealer to have a key programmed, so it'd be nice to get this done too.
      They charged $121.75 for the parts (software) and labor.
      Stan

I work for King Volvo just Monday thru Friday.

Right on, if you could PM me your preferred contact method I'll hopefully set something up with you to get this done

I have had this exact conversation with my service rep at Danbury Volvo, at the time I was told that to deactivate the Bi-Xenon DRLs would cause the power lock to fail and that they would not deactivate them for me. so if I tell him about this code will it work for the Bi-Xenons? my wife is bringing our 05 V50 in today to have fix the driver side headlamp for the second time.
      All gave some, Some gave it all ~ 09-11-2001 Never Forget

1983 Mercedes Benz 300CD

2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD

When I looked up that part number it applied to both halogen and xenon headlights adjustable and those that aren't.

I can confirm Bi-Xenon DRL disable work just fine, been running without the DRL without issue for 2 years.
      2009 V50 T5 AWD GT: Work in progress (1) (2) (3)

Mrs. T's OSD '05 V50 T5 AWD Bi-xenon DRL function disabled at N/C) in Sept '05 by Scarrier...as part of the OSD 1 year "adjustment"/service period. No problems after 5+ years and over 75K miles. My '08 C70 OSD stock halogens were DRL disabled at my request (also N/C) by Scarrier when we picked it up in Nov '08. I converted to Kaixen 3500K Bi-Xenon's as part of a SS GB in early '09. Also no problems - over a year and 7500 miles later here in the dark, damp and dreary wintertime PNW.

[QUOTE=max power;961316]

it is perfectly legal to disable your DRLs in North America, and volvo has a software package that allows you to do so.

Wrong! It is illegal in many North American provinces. Please be more specific when stating facts."

Quote Originally Posted by mroquantum View Post
      I own a 2009 Volvo S40 2.4i

I recently called my Dealership and they said they would disable the daytime running lights for me
      with no problem and quoted me an excellent price to do it. It sounded as if they had done it before and it would only take a few minutes.

After bringing the vehicle in, and waiting about 20 minutes or so, they said they couldn't do it??? I was really surprised to hear that since the whole time he sounded confident.

I also wanted to have my headlights adjusted higher and, once again, he said something about you need a special model to do it and...yours dosen't have an adjustment????

WTF????

Is the dealer blowing me off???

Someone help me...Thanx
      UPDATE: I wanted to give a shout out to John Sease @ Volvo of Charleston who not only took the time to speak with me but to do the work successfully! Thanx again John!

[QUOTE=VictorVDC;1618604]
      Quote Originally Posted by max power View Post

it is perfectly legal to disable your DRLs in North America, and volvo has a software package that allows you to do so.

Wrong! It is illegal in many North American provinces. Please be more specific when stating facts."

This should clear it up... mostly. Lol.
      -Illegal in Canada,
      -Legal in the US,
      -No idea about Mexico.
      2005 S60R Ti Grey/Gobi/6M/18"Black Pegs
      1997 854R Black/Charcoal/Really Dark Bronze Volans/5M/ARD M4.4 BLUE/Daily Driver
      2005 S40 T5 FWD="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2938966" SOLD/MISSED

I went to dealer today to update my software pre-tune and also had them dl the drl code. Just to be on the safe side I provided them this code. Worked perfectly and they only charged me $30 for the dl + .2 labor. ~$60 total.
      Thanks FF!
      2006 V50 T5 AWD M66: 19" Heico's w/ Hankook & ISC Coilovers
      IPD TCV, skidplate VIVA CBV, Prosport boost & AFR gauges, 6000k hid
      ELEVATE: Turbo Pipe, RSB, autotech III, body kit, intake. IC piping
      EST: grille, Exhaust, DP, BELL FMIC Streetunit trans mount.

No problem, glad it worked out for ya!

Global Moderator MyNameIdeasWereTaken's Avatar
      I will verify: 30679690 works for the 04.5 S40.

The dealer thought disabling the DRL was a mechanical thing. Took the car back for half an hour and came back saying it couldn't be done until they contact Volvo. As stated, I politely told them it was a SW change and gave them the number. The guy stares at me funny, walks off, comes back 5 minutes later saying it worked and my car is ready.

He gave me $20 off, total cost was $126. A little pricey, but it's a stealership and I'm happy to not be running bi-xenon bulbs during the day.

The greatest part was when the guy quietly asked me "I have to know, how did you know the software code and my leading tech didn't?!?!?"

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast