Dual cooling fans
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Dual cooling fans

Hey guys,

I have a 96 850 5 speed and I live in Gulf Breeze , Fl. It is very, very hot here in the summer time (up to 115 F) and I was thinking of installing a second fan for cooling the motor/motor bay. The reason is because when running the AC and standing still in traffic a lot, it just seems so ****ing hot outside, especially for the poor motor(s). If anyone has installed two fans into their motor bay I would really like some suggestions/ help/ tips on the best equipment and installation.

To some people its seems to not be worth it, but trust me it is bleedin' hot around here and it seems like cars do double time to run the AC and what not.

Thanks guys,

Thom

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Im sure it could be done somehow but the tolerances between the fan and dipstick tube/intake manifold are pretty tight as it is. It's hard to think of a place to put a second one?
      1998 S70 T5M
      OBX, FMIC, NA TB + Ported IM, Homemade HD TCV, 3" fresh air pipe to turbo and short shift kit, brass shifter bushings, delrin shifter assembly bushings, HKS SSQV, IPD strut brace, Titans, R Bumper, Mookeeh BG

I know I have seen pictures of some 850 Rs with dual fans (at least their stats said), and some with just a larger diameter fan. Does anyone know what diameter fan is on the 850. I know you can buy up to a 13 inch fan, but don't know how much more effective it would be than stock. I think the stock fan is 10 inches.

Any help or knowledge will work...

Cheers,

Thom

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements