Tranny flush...run shifter through the gears during flush?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Tranny flush...run shifter through the gears during flush?

I remember reading someone here suggesting you should take the car out of park and run it through the R/N/etc. to make sure you flush the fluid all the way out. Is this good/accepted advice? I'm about to do this for the first time. A little bit nervous, honestly

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Tranny flush...run shifter through the gears during flush? (jamesd)

doesn't sound smart to run through gears when fluid has been emptied out, but that is just me. I, in no way, have any technical knowledge about... well anything.

Re: Tranny flush...run shifter through the gears during flush? (pOrk)

Quote, originally posted by pOrk »
      doesn't sound smart to run through gears when fluid has been emptied out, but that is just me. I, in no way, have any technical knowledge about... well anything.
      yes, the point is, no oil, friction on the gears and also no pressure on the solenoids.
      S80 V8 AWD - XC90 2.5T - S60 T5 M 01(SOLD) - R-K24 Turbo, R-Manifold, R-charge pipe, ARD Blue custom flash, BSR catback, downpipe and intake, ARD TCV, IPD Coils and Pod, Snabb intake pipe, Xemodex ETM, FMIC, SPEC Stage 3+,Autometer SportCompII Gauge, Ipd upper mounts, Evolve hoses, Brembo 4 pistons big brake kits front and rear, OEM body kit, Bilstein HD with Eibach pro kit, R 18" wheels, 6000k hid kits up and fogs, 2006 bixenon

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

a pretty definitive no, i guess. glad i asked. someone should edit that post, just in case

thank you

Re: Tranny flush...run shifter through the gears during flush? (jamesd)

The right procedure is to run the shifter through (30s at each position, motor running) after each fill. Flush-fill-shift-repeat until 8 to 12 quarts flushed. Each flush pumps out about 3 quarts, give or take.

Modified by Mika at 4:33 PM 6-9-2008

Modified by Mika at 4:33 PM 6-9-2008

ah, i see. thank you

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements