SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VIDA 2014D - Downloads, Installers, EWD, Virtual Machines, Patches, How-to & Other Resources

864K views 2K replies 506 participants last post by  roxanaschram 
#1 · (Edited)

STOP! Read rules below!

(1.) READ BEFORE POSTING
(2.) SEARCH BEFORE POSTING
(3.) POST IN ENGLISH
(4.) NO PROFANITY, BE RESPECTFUL
(5.) SUPPORT FOR VIRTUAL MACHINES ONLY.

IF YOU ASK SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN ANSWERED, I'M GOING TO COMPLETELY IGNORE YOUR POST. BE SURE TO CHECK OUT QUESTIONS & ANSWERS PAGE HERE AS WELL IF YOU DON'T FIND YOUR ANSWER HERE.

---------------------------------------------------

Website or downloading issues

If you are having issues accessing the site, upgrading your account or need help with getting something downloaded from volvodiag.com, post a message here to let me know. If you are having issues accessing the site and receive a message saying your IP, IP range, or ASN is blocked, please include the message you receive.

And for the love of God, my name is Roxy, not Roger or Rick, so don't call me dude, bro, or man.

Reasons IP's and ASN's are blocked:

They belong to a data center, they are registered as a VPN, VPS, hosting site or other cloud space services. The IP may have ongoing malicious activities. They have been black listed by other services indicated they are dangerous to sites and servers.

When you connect to the site, the firewall looks at the IP used. It will check the IP to see if it belongs to one of the above. If it does and it's not black listed, it will become blacklisted. This is does to protect the site and network it uses.

Most recent news

VolvoDiag now has a VIN decoder for those that need to use one... It's under the menu "other resources"

New virtual machines are available for both VMware and Virtualbox. Both images are multilingual. These images now include the following languages (Chinese, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Taiwan, Thai) The languages German and Finnish I've added manually because Volvo did not include them in any 2014 releases.

VOLVODIAG.COM IS NOT RELATED, OWNED, OPERATED OR ASSOCIATED WITH VOLVO!!!!

Visit here for downloads: VolvoDiag

See less See more
#2 ·
I use admin or 1. Both work for me.

#625 ·
Thanks!

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread, especially R.
For the record, I purchased this item:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-2014...anner-for-Volvo-Vehicle-1999-2015-3/920777646

It took several hours to get the software on to my computer in the right manner. In the end I followed the "Virtual Machine" method. I did get an error that told me the down loaded file was corrupt, but after re-booting the error was resolved.

I was able to connect to the car and reset an SRS message and a check engine light. Already paid for itself!

Be patient, it takes some time. I did set a "restore point" on my computer just in case... I am running Windows 10 pro.

Good luck, highmiles

#5 ·
You guys are welcome!

#8 ·
If you need a 32bit install, the only good option I can give you is to install directly onto your 32bit system. As TheStillMan has pointed out, no 32bit version of VMW Player. I'll be happy to help you get it running on your system directly.

#9 ·
So what is the Vida All-In-One? This is the first I've seen it called that, is it something different than the Vida subscription?

#10 ·
It's the offline software for use with the DiCE unit. Its the app that access all the data that was downloaded to the computer when you install from the DVD... All the rest are useless...

#11 ·
I"m having some trouble. I also am not so savy as I though

Im running a mac. Using paralell to run Win 7. No probs. Have VM player on it. No probs. Downloaded your files, got all installed. Then when I got to open it VMplayer tells me the file is too big..

Any ideas?

I've played with the Ram setting in Parallel an VMplayer... I just want VIDA to work.

I've applied patches and fixes online. Anyone?

#12 ·
I use VMware Fusion on the Mac. No need to run a VM inside of a VM/Hypervisor.

#13 ·
Thanks a million! This was exactly what I needed for this file. I'm now not running a double instance of windows and have a ton more resources available. Vida is working well so far and I have about 10 times the battery time on my Mac using it now with this setup. Thanks again!

Now I'll be posting all sorts of Vida questions ;)

cheers

#14 ·
Vida VM

Hi roxanaschram,

thanks for the great work making the VM.
At first I had some problems with the extraction not completing properly, but in the end everything works. (Ubuntu 16.04, Virtualbox).

On the windows desktop I see 4 Vida programs.
All in one works with user "1", but for admin en configuration and on Web I seem to miss to correct user/pswd combination.

Can you help with that?

Kind regards
Rob, Netherlands

Volvo S60 2004 370.000 KM

#15 ·
Scuby... No problem! Glad I can help! Cheers!

tattvamasi/Rob... Those are not usable unless you actually have a shop with subscription. The only thing you can use is the all in one. Admin and 1 work for logging in to that one.

#16 ·
I am.currently running a vmware 2014d, that the ebay seller.sent me.with the dice.

I will.perform engine swap on rhe R next week and just saw that,the virtual machine i got has no admin rights.

I cant add a printer to the vm to print the procedures.
Can you confirm yours has the admin rights set for the vida user?

You would save the day!

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

#17 · (Edited)
If by "admin rights" you mean the ability to program modules, then no: none of them have that built in. It's software yes, but it's web based so that it cannot be cracked. That the access can be monitored. The only way to get access as an admin to program modules etc. is to have a license directly from volvo. You can get a 2 day one for around 60 euro's. If you go for a year it's seveal thousand.

If you just mean how to log in, and using "admin" as a login password I can confirm this version works with admin.

However, if you just read on post directly above yours the exact same question has been answered!

#24 ·
Can I use this on my laptop with Windows 10 professional?
As long as your laptop meets the requirements for Windows 10, VMware Player with the dedicated specs. I recommend no less than 6GB ram and Intel dual core i3. This is because you are running 2 copies of windows 10, plus VMware...

#23 ·
VIDA-Dice-2014D-VM-Image-Download-Link

Created an VMware image that you can download and run using VMWare's free program called "VMWare Workstation Player". Compressed the file is 7.8GB, extracted it is 28GB. It's Windows 7 Pro 32bit, 4GB ram dedicated, 2 cores dedicated. Just download, extract, install VMWare Player and run. VMware Player is available for Windows and Linux 64bit. If you use a Mac, please use VMware Fusion. Sadly Fusion is not free. If would like to see a VirtualBox version, please leave a comment below. I have a 4K display so you MIGHT need to change the resolution on first boot with your machine to adjust to size if you are not using a 4K equivalent . When logging in, use 'admin' or '1'. The only app you can use, and thankfully need to use is the 'all-in-one'. The rest on the desktop are pointless. If you wish to insure that your download completely without errors or issues, below is the MD5 hash. Enjoy!

2014D Image - Download Here.
MD5 (Service Machine.7z) = cd289736196cf08f0f6a35df3b25eab6
Password is V0lv02Rule

VMWare Player - Download Here

NOTE: If you don't have it, get it. 7-ZIP - http://7-zip.org/. You'll need it to extract the image.
Can I use it on my laptop with Windows 10 professional?

#26 ·
Hi there!

Trying to use yhe downloadlink for VIda but it seems to be corrupt, or am i doing something wrong perhaps??
It's hosted on Onedrive, did you log in with a Microsoft account, or create one to log in with?
You'll also need a program to unzip the file, 7zip, winrar, etc would do.

#28 ·
A word of caution: I have Windows 10 64 bit running on an old laptop with the Intel Pentium P6100 procesor and this processor does not support VT, thus I get the error [ this kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU-unable to boot]. I also run Linux 64 bit with virtual box and get the same error there. So, I believe it is the processor.

#31 ·
Yeah, the VM build does require VT as a minimum, VT-d is best. The next release will be better for those using older hardware. I will continue to try and make sure options so that everyone is covered. A Virtual Box version is to come as well so that Mac users have a free options.

#29 · (Edited)
32 bit upload

Hey there
Thanks roxanaschram for posting this ImG
I'm not very computer savvy... but i went ahead and bought a Chinese Dice from AliBabba and the software disks are corrupt or somthing because they simply do not load on my Lenovo R500 32bit Thinkpad.

So when i saw this thread I was quite excited and downloaded the IMG and tried to get it running but only realized later that I need a 64 bit OS machine to run the VMware :(

Cheers
Dean

#30 ·
I'm currently working on building an image you flash to a usb drive and boot from. This will allow 32bit users to have access to a prebuilt environment that can be separated from their day to day system. First build will most likely require some form of UEFI enabled firmware/BIOS.

#35 ·
New download links, walk-throughs coming soon!

#40 ·
You're very welcome. Sadly, I'm waiting for better weather here before I can get out to my car with my laptop for the walk throughs on how to do stuff with VIDA. I plan on having a full on resource for 2014D... Maybe even some videos...

#41 · (Edited)
After getting the "service machine", provided by roxanascham, installed to a virtual windows 7 pro 32 bit system, I ordered a VIDA/DICE unit and plugged it to virtual machine and to the running vehicle, confirmed that it read the vehicle information, displaying VIN and other information. Under Diagnostics I can see the Module tree with ECM,TCM, etc. All I can get is information about the vehicle, but no where in TCM where I can reset the Fluid Counter, for example. Are there any DICE units out that only read information, but will not send communication to the vehicle? Or, if anyone has the specific steps, after Vida loads and reads the vehicle, to get to the TCM Fluid Counter reset?

#42 ·
There is an option to test dice communication in vida....
Cant recall on top of my mind...but it is in the firts steps...
I think its under vehicle information

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

#45 ·
No problem....

EVERYONE! READ THE FIRST POST, new patch information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.