SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

do88 Air Box

10K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  haoef 
#1 ·
Just received the new do88 intake system from Viva. Thought I would post some pictures before I get to the install.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks like a vacuum cleaner attachment, I’m sure it will look much better installed! So it just replaced the stock air box, what’s the diameter of the tubing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
It looks like a vacuum cleaner attachment, I'm sure it will look much better installed! So it just replaced the stock air box, what's the diameter of the tubing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll probably paint or hydrodip the plastics to go along with the colors in my engine bay. I'll get back to you on the tubing diameter, currently stuck at work.

#3 ·
Honestly, that looks cheap - do88 makes some great intercoolers, so I'm surprised they put their name on this. Very homemade, imo.

#9 ·
So one hose uses the stock snorkel, i wonder where the other one runs to. That price is harsh but i guess it does include the ECM mount right? please dont tell me that was separate lol

#11 ·
Cracked open the air box today. Filter is oiled, in the inside of the plastic housing is nice and smooth. Different finish than the outside.

Filter dimensions are 15 5/8" x 5 7/8". If I can find a metric ruler I'll post the true dimensions.

#12 · (Edited)
Wondering how well it'll filter. Looks thick and high-PPI. Kind of cool that you can buy bulk foam and cut/glue yourself a new panel filter if you needed.
I like the airbox design, looks believably OEM-ish while (probably) way easier to remove. Wish it was cheaper, I'd consider it for my 2.4i that's on a very not-stock looking inline airbox right now.

#17 ·
Out of curiosity, how did the install go? Any problems? Are you happy with the box? I'm really strongly considering one of these and it would be nice to have some firsthand info before plunking down the cash. Thanks!
I installed this kit yesterday. Install was fairly easy, although it appears they forgot to include hardware to fasten the ECU to the frame. I don't have a front clip on the car now but having the radiator free to flex toward the grille made a difference for me and certainly would for a car that's in one piece.

The do88 uninstall procedure for the OEM airbox includes lifting the passenger side of the engine to create enough room. I've removed that airbox before without having to do that, for what it's worth.

#23 ·
Curious about this install, as I've been looking at it too. Any updates on where that second tube goes? Also, my biggest question is about oil filter access. Can you pull the oil filter without messing with the airbox now?

#24 ·
Curious about this install, as I've been looking at it too. Any updates on where that second tube goes? Also, my biggest question is about oil filter access. Can you pull the oil filter without messing with the airbox now?
Second tube goes behind left fog light. To replace the oil filter you still need to undo two screws holding the snorkel in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.